• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese - Israeli Relations

Thucydides

No habibi. What exists today is a scam. If we are 43% or 50% or 11%, we are demanding that much of a say. Let our ballots reflect our representation. Dont excluded us using a scam called munasafe. Dont disenfranchise us telling us we are only 27 MPs, even if we hold 50% of the country. You are the ones stealing people's voices as a colonial legacy. Times have changed. If you think demanding for my right is a power grab, no one is tying your hands. Grab your own power. When you speak of power grab, it implies something forcefully taken. That isnt the case here. In fact, the opposite is true. The apartheid system you glorify to reflect your wicked and racist minds is the real power grab. It was imposed using the Frenchman's power without a referendum. You are not in position to complain of power grab or accuse anyone. You have no moral high ground.

and we pay 70 % of the taxes that goes to paying your and other aloushes slayers while your sitting at home

we demand a system that reflects our tax contribution not to mention we subside electricity so aloush ands alousha can continue to steal electricity

so when you can add that to the 30 -40 % of the population when your contemplating how fair the system is

Rafidi

Legendary Member
and we pay 70 % of the taxes that goes to paying your and other aloushes slayers while your sitting at home

we demand a system that reflects our tax contribution not to mention we subside electricity so aloush ands alousha can continue to steal electricity

so when you can add that to the 30 -40 % of the population when your contemplating how fair the system is

This is blatant lie.

I have opened a thread before on this. And it is an empty claim just like hot air that comes out of one's @$$.

Most of the taxes in Lebanon are indirect taxes. If you take for instance the money spent on phone calls and internet, how can you claim to spend more than others who are more in numbers than you? Common sense doesn't seem common with you guys. Take also, cigarettes and taxation on it. Who consumes more cigarettes and pay more VAT?

My friend, elections are not held to count taxes. Elections are held to count votes. You are just a thief. And you have the guts to complain. We have tolerated a system imposed on us. An army and central bank led by one sect. And so many excesses. We tolerated all the shit for over 70 years. We demanded a ministry as per Taef and power sharing and sharing in the decision making at the executive arm of govt. A common ministry. And you demons have the guts to reject and say it is a power grab. If you experience power grab, can you oppose it? You really have no idea what power grab is.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No habibi. What exists today is a scam. If we are 43% or 50% or 11%, we are demanding that much of a say. Let our ballots reflect our representation. Dont excluded us using a scam called munasafe. Dont disenfranchise us telling us we are only 27 MPs, even if we hold 50% of the country. You are the ones stealing people's voices as a colonial legacy. Times have changed. If you think demanding for my right is a power grab, no one is tying your hands. Grab your own power. When you speak of power grab, it implies something forcefully taken. That isnt the case here. In fact, the opposite is true. The apartheid system you glorify to reflect your wicked and racist minds is the real power grab. It was imposed using the Frenchman's power without a referendum. You are not in position to complain of power grab or accuse anyone. You have no moral high ground.
No it’s not a scam... with a little bit of excess power you already want to have the final say, alone, on all matters... our forefathers knew what they were doing!

Thucydides

This is blatant lie.

I have opened a thread before on this. And it is an empty claim just like hot air that comes out of one's @$$.

Most of the taxes in Lebanon are indirect taxes. If you take for instance the money spent on phone calls and internet, how can you claim to spend more than others who are more in numbers than you? Common sense doesn't seem common with you guys. Take also, cigarettes and taxation on it. Who consumes more cigarettes and pay more VAT?

what about the electricity payments is that also a lie or you chose to gloss over the fact that in the areas under your control you pay less than 30 % of the bills

ouzai and lasa where you encroach over private and public lands with no regards to anyone is the system treating unfairly with that as well ?

so tell me how much taxes to drug dealers in beka pay ?

the majority of taxes are payed by Christian regions from business and real-estate to property tax and that is a fact. the maten region by itself pays 40% of Lebanon taxes and only receives 2% back

if what your saying about taxes is true then berri and jumblatt would not go ballistic every time a Christian politician mentions financial decentralization

its not enough we subside your electricity and pay for your useless public servants now you want to came to us and demand a bigger share of the system

45 min to 49

Last edited:

Rafidi

Legendary Member
what about the electricity payments is that also a lie or you chose to gloss over the fact that in the areas under your control you pay less than 30 % of the bills

ouzai and lasa where you encroach over private and public lands with no regards to anyone is the system treating unfairly with that as well ?

so tell me how much taxes to drug dealers in beka pay ?

the majority of taxes are payed by Christian regions from business and real-estate to property tax and that is a fact. the maten region by itself pays 40% of Lebanon taxes and only receives 2% back

if what your saying about taxes is true then berri and jumblatt would not go ballistic every time a Christian politician mentions financial decentralization

its not enough we subside your electricity and pay for your useless public servants now you want to came to us and demand a bigger share of the system

45 min to 49

You can check this thread I started a while back

I cant keep repeating myself every time the claims are made.

If a few or some poor people from a certain place steal electricity, it doesn't mean the majority do. And it gives you no right to accuse everyone in that area. But we are understandably facing racist people filled with hatred. Nothing shocking here.

Thucydides

You can check this thread I started a while back

I cant keep repeating myself every time the claims are made.

If a few or some poor people from a certain place steal electricity, it doesn't mean the majority do. And it gives you no right to accuse everyone in that area. But we are understandably facing racist people filled with hatred. Nothing shocking here.

that's the problem, you keep repeating yourself without listening to anyone

most people in that thread disagreed with you and somehow you bring up the thread as a proof that your correct in your assumptions

I'm not a tax expert by any stretch of the imagination but what is clear is that the Christian regions specifically M.T lebanon is far richer than any other region from real estate prices to living standard to businesses which would entail them to pay a higher tax bill than other regions

in the end if your claim is true it would not explain why the majority of Muslim politicians are against financial decentralization while the majority of Christian politicians support it

if somehow you your claims are true your political parties would be the first too support it since you " are the majority and by your logic you pay more taxes "

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
hezballah moved from resistance to the stage of bargaining to get a bigger share of the lebanese pie. It doesn’t need fpm now so rah ysiro ylabbto

Now they will agree with Berri and form a new helf ruba3i because the bargaining will be with saudis and traitors and not with patriots like the president.

Bassita, we were stuck with Saudi agents and thieves so we tried with hezballa thinking they had clean intentions on some level. They turned out to be pieces of shit like the rest of the country.

Fpmers should réalise they’re barely 15% of Lebanon, the rest are Neanderthals and cowards and traitors. W hek rah ydallo w rah ydall el nizam men akhra la akhra under kel Hal bajam

No you were fine with Hizbullah being a lawless organization and making decisions of peace and war as long as they helped you advance your agenda. But now that they're obstructing YOUR plans, they're suddenly "pieces of shit".

Rou7o d7ako 3a ghayrna. Ken lezim tou3o min 15 seneh.

oldschool

No you were fine with Hizbullah being a lawless organization and making decisions of peace and war as long as they helped you advance your agenda. But now that they're obstructing YOUR plans, they're suddenly "pieces of shit".

Rou7o d7ako 3a ghayrna. Ken lezim tou3o min 15 seneh.

No we still did the right thing and prevented a civil war and the country falling for the Sanioura thieves.

NewLeb

There should be decentralization based on ideology. Those who went to look to the East and dig in the trash bin, let them do so. It’s not like its not already happening.

The Lebanese who feel that they are more oriented towards Western standards (financial and cultural) should fixate on that approach.

If Lebanese people can’t find a way to fuse both of these ideas together, then this is the best approach.

The Shiite duo can no longer relish in the fruits of Western thought and at the same time treat it with contempt.

oldschool

There should be decentralization based on ideology. Those who went to look to the East and dig in the trash bin, let them do so. It’s not like its not already happening.

The Lebanese who feel that they are more oriented towards Western standards (financial and cultural) should fixate on that approach.

If Lebanese people can’t find a way to fuse both of these ideas together, then this is the best approach.

The Shiite duo can no longer relish in the fruits of Western thought and at the same time treat it with contempt.

Man being a trumper suits you. You’re finally making sense

elAshtar

Legendary Member
b ghad el nazar 3an aoun
ya 7ajj El Ashtar, what do you expect the agreement on the borders will come up with ?
honestly w men doun laff w dawaran ?
It is clear to me that Aoun/Bassil are thirsty to please the Americans (having civilians within the negotiating team is an unnecessary gift) and to 'claim' an accomplishment, hopefully not at any expense. I don't trust Bassil.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
View attachment 21738
Addiesh abed 7a2a haidi shankar?2aw shu 2abed 7a2a? 😏

اضغط هنا
صدر عن السفارة الاميركية في بيروت البيان التالي:

في توضيح حول تصريحات في الاعلام نسبت الى مساعد وزير الخارجية لشؤون الشرق الأدنى ديفيد شينكر، قال المتحدث باسم السفارة الأميركية كايسي بونفيلد:
"لمح مساعد وزير الخارجية شينكر القول المحفور على السيف المعلّق في مكتب رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون والذي كُتب عليه: "الشفافية هي السيف الذي يقضي على الفساد". وفي تعليقه ايجابا على القول، حثّ السيد شينكر الرئيس على استعمال سيف الشفافية (بشكل مجازي) وتغيير نهج الحكم".

elAshtar

Legendary Member

اضغط هنا
صدر عن السفارة الاميركية في بيروت البيان التالي:

في توضيح حول تصريحات في الاعلام نسبت الى مساعد وزير الخارجية لشؤون الشرق الأدنى ديفيد شينكر، قال المتحدث باسم السفارة الأميركية كايسي بونفيلد:
"لمح مساعد وزير الخارجية شينكر القول المحفور على السيف المعلّق في مكتب رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون والذي كُتب عليه: "الشفافية هي السيف الذي يقضي على الفساد". وفي تعليقه ايجابا على القول، حثّ السيد شينكر الرئيس على استعمال سيف الشفافية (بشكل مجازي) وتغيير نهج الحكم".
do we have a video of his statement? I trust neither sides :D

Rafidi

Legendary Member
that's the problem, you keep repeating yourself without listening to anyone

most people in that thread disagreed with you and somehow you bring up the thread as a proof that your correct in your assumptions

I'm not a tax expert by any stretch of the imagination but what is clear is that the Christian regions specifically M.T lebanon is far richer than any other region from real estate prices to living standard to businesses which would entail them to pay a higher tax bill than other regions

in the end if your claim is true it would not explain why the majority of Muslim politicians are against financial decentralization while the majority of Christian politicians support it

if somehow you your claims are true your political parties would be the first too support it since you " are the majority and by your logic you pay more taxes "

Decentralization is part of Taef. No one is against it among other things.

When you speak of federalism or partition, many see it as an attempt to deny them their history and the land they belong to or dividing it. It is politics, not economics.

If you are not a tax expert, then stop speculating.

Mount Lebanon is a melting pot of all sects and communities. It includes Dahyeh FYI. How you managed to monopolize Mount Lebanon and paint it with one religious color is beyond be.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is clear to me that Aoun/Bassil are thirsty to please the Americans (having civilians within the negotiating team is an unnecessary gift) and to 'claim' an accomplishment, hopefully not at any expense. I don't trust Bassil.

ok, I stopped trusting him long before you
but let's get back to the agreement.
The agreement that is blessed by the Shia duo will mention the borders settlement between 2 countries, not between one country and kayan ghaseb. It will be recognized by the UN as official agreement between 2 countries.
So in other words the shia duo will accept the fact that once this famous line is drawn, what is norh of it will be lebanon and what is south of it will be israel (NOT PALESTINE). There will be no mention in this agreement of Occupied Palestine, zionist entity, kayan ghaseb etc...
Meaning the shia duo is officially accepting the existence of israel as a country and not as kayan ghaseb..
based on this, the issue of civil or military members in the committee is simply a BS, and a cover to this next reality, w kalam lel estehlak.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Reading this thread is sad. It is about the lebanese-israeli relations and it seems we are negotiating with the israelis (talks are always good) but the real problem is in the internal relations as a thread like this was reduced to internal fighting.

How are we supposed to negotiate as a single voice and a country may it be with IMF, Israel or any provider if we cannot agree min bayyo a2wa mnel tene. We have a bunch of power hungry politicians that mostly lost their grip on reality, others who know the end is near and are searching for a better position for thee negotiations to come, other lost on how to position themselves....
Meanwhile the regular lebanese has no medicine, no food, no jobs and no futures..

Common a bit of common sense what are you fighting for!...if you cannot have a decent life it should be your number one priority before the "72ou2 el shi3a" w "72ou2 el masi7iyye" w... Ask for freaking jobs, investments, decent roads, decent medical coverage ...

Lebanon is a failed state ...anyone left wondering why?