• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese - Israeli Relations

NewLeb

Mr. Michel Aoun made an incredibly shrewd decision in having civilians at the border talks. He’s using this as leverage against Amal and Hezbollah’s policy of clinging to the finance ministry.

Wow, now I know why they call him General!

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
Mr. Michel Aoun made an incredibly shrewd decision in having civilians at the border talks. He’s using this as leverage against Amal and Hezbollah’s policy of clinging to the finance ministry.

ما حبيتا منك مستر. هو فخامة الرئيس

You have deep seated hatred.

FYI, we used to have high illiteracy rate. That has changed. Not thanks to the state you led, but thanks to our efforts. Our areas are adorned with beautiful houses and buildings thanks to our hard work. And yes, we have enterprising businesses both home and abroad. And we have built universities and schools and hospitals. We did for ourselves all that your foolish, incompetent and apartheid state you led could not provide. Do you want to deny that? Or are you just after egotistical nonsense and trying to prove to be better than others, when you are not. And yet, we are also proud of our weapons and fighters. It is not idiots that use advanced weapons. It was not idiots that drove our the fourth strongest army out of our land. All these are things your state couldn't do when you dominated and led everyone and also marginalised everyone.

The state you led was famous for this mad saying: "Lebanon is strong through its weakness".
Are you sure you are from Lebanon?
Damn, all hospitals, schools or roads were built with the State money which comes mainly from our pockets not yours.

These areas area are still very poor and unmaintained such as Dahieh for example.

Last but not least, there are not a single multinational, or even National company that you guys have built. Yes small numbers of small and medium enterprises but very localised.

All the banks, private hospitals, major universities are built by Christians and huge number of Shiaa employees are working there. Take only restaurants as an example, many waiters are Shiaa.

The problem with you that you live in a dream or a bubble that doesn’t exist. You believe your own world and your own idea that has nothing to do with reality.

You remind me North Korean leaders or Iranian leaders who keep detailing from reality.

Yes yes I am very jealous from your universities, schools and hospitals and my dream is to go there but unfortunately I can only go to USJ, USEK, AUB or Hotel Dieu - I wish I could go to your places ;)

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Kif ya3ne? Why would HA or Amal lose or win anything from who the president appoints to negotiate?
The important piece is that whoever they are they protect Lebanon’s interests...!

NewLeb

Kif ya3ne? Why would HA or Amal lose or win anything from who the president appoints to negotiate?
The important piece is that whoever they are they protect Lebanon’s interests...!

It’s not about who the president appoints, but at what capacity the persons appointed are operating within.

Hezbollah’s very existence is rooted in its conflict with Israel. There is an uncanny resemblance between their most ardent supporters and the wild boars as seen in the popular anime film, Princess Mononoke. You can’t reason with them, as they were conditioned from a very young age to profusely love Mr. Nasrallah to the highest degree possible, and to destroy Israel no matter what it takes.

That’s all they know, and once you’ve got them moving in a particular direction, you can’t stop or restrict them. You can shout, slap them around, starve them- anything!- but they won’t budge. There’s simply no communication with them.

Ergo, in appointing civilians, Mr. Aoun strikes them at their most vulnerable spot. What is Hezbollah without Israel? Obsolete. Mr. Aoun is basically telling the Shiite duo that they can cling to the MoF all that they want, but even if they do end up retaining it, their victory will be meaningless.

Nice one, Mr. President!

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It’s not about who the president appoints, but at what capacity the persons appointed are operating within.

Hezbollah’s very existence is rooted in its conflict with Israel. There is an uncanny resemblance between their most ardent supporters and the wild boars as seen in the popular anime film, Princess Mononoke. You can’t reason with them, as they were conditioned from a very young age to profusely love Mr. Nasrallah to the highest degree possible, and to destroy Israel no matter what it takes.

That’s all they know, and once you’ve got them moving in a particular direction, you can’t stop or restrict them. You can shout, slap them around, starve them- anything!- but they won’t budge. There’s simply no communication with them.

Ergo, in appointing civilians, Mr. Aoun strikes them at their most vulnerable spot. What is Hezbollah without Israel? Obsolete. Mr. Aoun is basically telling the Shiite duo that they can cling to the MoF all that they want, but even if they do end up retaining it, their victory will be meaningless.

Nice one, Mr. President!
I think this is far fetched. The only thing one can reasonably assume is that Berri said army and GMA appointee a civilian, as in he will use his prerogative as president to assign whoever he wants and berri can’t do anything and has no influence. But it’s all fluffy if you ask me, only pisses off berri and the duo supporters because they believe they have a god given right to dictate everything and force it on everyone.

as for the weapons, HA will not give up its weapons even if Israel ceases to exist. They need them to maintain a firm grip on a major lebanese sect and the lebanese state.

NewLeb

I think this is far fetched. The only thing one can reasonably assume is that Berri said army and GMA appointee a civilian, as in he will use his prerogative as president to assign whoever he wants and berri can’t do anything and has no influence. But it’s all fluffy if you ask me, only pisses off berri and the duo supporters because they believe they have a god given right to dictate everything and force it on everyone.

as for the weapons, HA will not give up its weapons even if Israel ceases to exist. They need them to maintain a firm grip on a major lebanese sect and the lebanese state.

In respect to the latter point, the military-grade and sophisticated weaponry of Hezbollah needs routine maintenance, and maintenance costs money. Further, the group needs to be constantly upgrading and advancing its capabilities against its perceived threat, which also costs money.

Given that America is increasingly limiting Hezbollah’s (and by extension Iran’s) ability to procure the needed funds, accidental munition explosions (as seen in the South a couple of weeks ago) will be a regular occurrence.

We may be witnessing a simultaneous situation where Lebanon as a state gets closer to Israel, while Hezbollah’s potency as a formidable fighting force incrementally fades away because of a lack of critically-needed cash-reserves.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter

You got it right that HA does not intend on giving up its weapons even when/if Israel ceases to exist... but the reason isn't because they only want to control the lebanese state, they aim much higher than that. It is all connected between Hezbollah in Lebanon, Iranian militias (HA,Fatimiyoun, Afghans,etc..) in Syria, the 7ashd el sha3bi (erhebi) and 3asa2eb and others in Iraq, the Houthis in Yemen.

They're slowly trying to control the whole region under Iran's command.

I hope it doesn't take people another 15 years to realize that. Gulf states did realize that, and that is why they launched their campaign against Houthis in Yemen to protect their national security. That is why the Gulf wouldn't help a HA-controlled Lebanon, not because of the silly accusations Iranian proxies feed their sheep that Gulf states are in bed with Israelis... They simply realize who the biggest threat is.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
In respect to the latter point, the military-grade and sophisticated weaponry of Hezbollah needs routine maintenance, and maintenance costs money. Further, the group needs to be constantly upgrading and advancing its capabilities against its perceived threat, which also costs money.

Given that America is increasingly limiting Hezbollah’s (and by extension Iran’s) ability to procure the needed funds, accidental munition explosions (as seen in the South a couple of weeks ago) will be a regular occurrence.

We may be witnessing a simultaneous situation where Lebanon as a state gets closer to Israel, while Hezbollah’s potency as a formidable fighting force incrementally fades away because of a lack of critically-needed cash-reserves.
I don’t know about all this... I was commenting on the choice of civilians for the negotiations....

Another great example where yo should NEVER EVER follow anyone asking you to die or fight against a so called “enemy”. This guy was so anti Israel and now he is begging them to survive - all Israeli doctors and technology.

This idiot and his PLO should have invested in doctors, research and science instead of promoting death and hate everywhere although they still have one more neutron than Hamas.

Poor martyrs who died for NOTHING

This is not true. Sorry if the truth doesn't suit your propaganda.
Ok, he was a pro Israeli and wanted peace... yalla go and defend him. What’s next “he had no choice but going to Israeli hospitals” or “this is humanitarian and nothing to do with politics”?

Stop hypocrisy, in this case tomorrow HN will go to Israel get treated !?

Btw they are curing cancers and there are thousands of Lebanese going every year. Read blogs from SLA members

NewLeb

I really dont know if you are just a bigot or a bigot combined with deep stupidity.

You want to convince us how successful your state was but at the same time you rub on our face that we are so poor, illiterate and backward and we lack so many things. So this means your state was so sectional and unsuccessful in making the entire country prosperous. When you have major parts of the country that lived in deprivation, that is a failure on your part. Not success. If you had the presidency with full executive powers and you still failed to make others feel the impact of your powers and privileges, what exactly are you trying to convince others? That you are good for them?

I have nothing to prove to you. But our situation today is way better than it was 70 years ago when you had all the power in the word, thanks to bending down to the colonial master. And all we have is not thanks to your state. And with all you boast, we are better than you in everything. You can die in jealousy, envy and sectarian malice.

You are not seeking a dialogue. You are after a pissing contest like an idiot. Thank you.

So it’s the government’s fault that Shiites living in the middle of no where (the South, otherwise known as no-man’s land) happened to be less developed than the mainland? Mind you, this is the 50s-60s, where technology wasn’t near as advanced as it is today.

Is that what you’re whining about? You make it seem as if Lebanon had actual discriminatory laws against Shiites....

NewLeb

Ok, he was a pro Israeli and wanted peace... yalla go and defend him. What’s next “he had no choice but going to Israeli hospitals” or “this is humanitarian and nothing to do with politics”?

Stop hypocrisy, in this case tomorrow HN will go to Israel get treated !?

Btw they are curing cancers and there are thousands of Lebanese going every year. Read blogs from SLA members

I’m certain that if Hezbollah sincerely asked Israel for medical assistance, the Jewish state would indeed treat Mr. Nasrallah for any possible health ailments.

Genius

Legendary Member
So it’s the government’s fault that Shiites living in the middle of no where (the South, otherwise known as no-man’s land) happened to be less developed than the mainland? Mind you, this is the 50s-60s, where technology wasn’t near as advanced as it is today.

Is that what you’re whining about? You make it seem as if Lebanon had actual discriminatory laws against Shiites....

The shiites are unfortunately fed lies and hate since their birth against the state.
In 1920, true their conditions were difficult and the state worked hard to provide support to the communities. One needs to compare the resources and support from 1920 till 1975 which are all documented to realize that the marounyeh syesyeh provided huge resources in particular to the shiites.

Unfortunately, all was vain in their ideologies, and you can witness their resentment to the state and the revenge they seek on the institutions.

Just sense the anger in most of the forumers.

NewLeb

The shiites are unfortunately fed lies and hate since their birth against the state.
In 1920, true their conditions were difficult and the state worked hard to provide support to the communities. One needs to compare the resources and support from 1920 till 1975 which are all documented to realize that the marounyeh syesyeh provided huge resources in particular to the shiites.

Unfortunately, all was vain in their ideologies, and you can witness their resentment to the state and the revenge they seek on the institutions.

Just sense the anger in most of the forumers.

It’s arrogance rooted in an inferiority complex. Shiites have always been a minority, one that literally forced them to become outlaws. Now, there’s nothing wrong with being an outlaw, for what is an outlaw besides one who chooses to be himself?

In Lebanon, unlike the Maronites (and to some extension Sunnis), the Shiites had to survive on spirit alone, as was the case in the American black community. This is one major reason why the Lebanese Christian community (and the Western Christianity populace in general) has been continually shrinking and losing power, as they preferred to buy bmws and go clubbing than pursuit more “noble” causes in life.

However, since the world is entering a new era (an idea that will be firmly cemented when Trump is re-elected), Shiites find themselves in a precarious situation: transitioning from the underworld to the professional one. In other words, they can no longer rely on shady and illicit means of financial gain.

Since they aren’t used to legitimate finance, it makes no sense to give them the MOF. However, they see this as a personal attack, because if there is anything a Shiite is afraid of, its rejection. Indeed, rejection is painful because it taps one into all the emotional pain of all the personal moments where one was rejecting in his lifetime.

This is why the Shiite community has almost always reacted in a violent and threatening manner to any perceived criticism, especially nowadays. They do not want to feel the pain of rejection, that goes all the way back to centuries ago, all the way to the moment Hussein shouted his last cries in the battle of Karlbara! Yes, his body may have perished, but his spirit is still alive in the hearts of all Shiites!

Last edited: