Lebanese Parliamentary Elections 2022

Who will you vote for in the upcoming general election?

• FPM

Votes: 54 44.6%
  • LF

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • HA

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • KATAEB

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • FM/PSP/ex 14 March candidates

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • AMAL/MARADA/SSNP/8 March candidates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (MMFD, SABAA, independent candidates)

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Not voting, blank vote or undecided

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
Looks like it is the first district the civil guys are running in. anything better than Hariri and the duo.

Hopefully there won't be more than 2 opposition lists, else the votes will be lost and no list can breakthrough... if Rabih El Haber's numbers are true, he was saying opposition can easily have 1-2 7assel in each of Beirut1 and Beirut2...

Personally I'm doing my part in motivating some of my family and friends to vote (alot of them lost hope and didn't want to vote)... traditionally my family(parents, siblings, cousins...), in its majority, doesn't vote for Hariri anyway... now the change is noticeable, like 75-80% are pro-opposition but there is a problem which is they don't know who the **** is the opposition... they just hate the guts of hariri/duo...

Opposition should form a unified list, with respected and qualified figures in order to motivate people to vote... if that happens I'll even go farther than Haber's predictions and say we can easily get 2 7assels in Beirut2 and with a possibility of 3rd one.

JB81

Legendary Member
"Lebanon is a sovereign, free, and independent country. It is a final homeland for all its
citizens.
It is unified in its territory, people, and institutions within the boundaries defined
in this constitution and recognized internationally."

first article of the constitution. what you said breaks this.

How?

JB81

Legendary Member
Hopefully there won't be more than 2 opposition lists, else the votes will be lost and no list can breakthrough... if Rabih El Haber's numbers are true, he was saying opposition can easily have 1-2 7assel in each of Beirut1 and Beirut2...

Personally I'm doing my part in motivating some of my family and friends to vote (alot of them lost hope and didn't want to vote)... traditionally my family(parents, siblings, cousins...), in its majority, doesn't vote for Hariri anyway... now the change is noticeable, like 75-80% are pro-opposition but there is a problem which is they don't know who the **** is the opposition... they just hate the guts of hariri/duo...

Opposition should form a unified list, with respected and qualified figures in order to motivate people to vote... if that happens I'll even go farther than Haber's predictions and say we can easily get 2 7assels in Beirut2 and with a possibility of 3rd one.

Opposition is ibno lal corrupt Mashnouk

flag-waver

Legendary Member

agree. Looks like most of the opposition lists will be former supporters of FM and FPM. That is what i understood from Rabih.

Beirut 1 and 2 true opposition people unlike Paula will be good for the city.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
Opposition is ibno lal corrupt Mashnouk

Lol nobody hates Mashnouk (the father) as much as Beirutis.
That big hoe who was wafic safa's little b1tch in the interior ministry. That big hoe who rigged elections in 2018 to make himself win.

As for Saleh El Mashnouk, sorry I don't judge a guy according to what his father has done. Although he's not part, or won't be, of any opposition list.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
you are classifying differently a lebanese who has a second nationality from a lebanese who does not and considering they do not have the same rights. Both cases should be under the same law as both are as lebanese as anyone else.
1 law be it 6MPs or in the 128 does not matter but you cannot differentiate on the basis of "they are not coming back" as lebanon is their final homeland to both.

flag-waver

Legendary Member

Buddy the problem is that you see 2 cases of expats which actually there is 3.

1) Those who went to the Gulf and are working outside and dont get citizenships from these host countries and come back to Lebanon as there is no other choice.

2) People who have strong connections to Lebanon, have family there, go there every year or so, spend money there to prop up the economy, etc. These are already on the voters list and actively vote on election day by going to Lebanon and voting or now by voting in 2018.

3) Those who are not registered, all they know is what their grandparents told them and eat tabboule every day and enjoy having hummus ka2ano its some wonderful thing.

1 and 2 are the same. Same as the residents of the country. Heck the country stayed alive economically until your fechel Ahed ripped it all apart.

JB81

Legendary Member
Lol nobody hates Mashnouk (the father) as much as Beirutis.
That big hoe who was wafic safa's little b1tch in the interior ministry. That big hoe who rigged elections in 2018 to make himself win.

As for Saleh El Mashnouk, sorry I don't judge a guy according to what his father has done. Although he's not part, or won't be, of any opposition list.

He's living a lavish lifestyle because of what his father has done

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
agree. Looks like most of the opposition lists will be former supporters of FM and FPM. That is what i understood from Rabih.

Beirut 1 and 2 true opposition people unlike Paula will be good for the city.

I wish opposition's electoral machines in Beirut2 work on focusing the tafdili votes towards the Shi3ite candidate on their list. It would be nice to bring an anti-duo shi3a MP, and its very possible in Beirut2.

Something interesting Rabih also said is that there is a growing numbers of "No one" among southerners as an answer to which party do they support, and there is a small chance of a breakthrough in southern districts. However he argued that the small chance is due to the "total control" of the duo on the electoral process in the elections day. We need alot of monitoring and security presence in order to safeguard the integrity of the elections there.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
I wish opposition's electoral machines in Beirut2 work on focusing the tafdili votes towards the Shi3ite candidate on their list. It would be nice to bring an anti-duo shi3a MP, and its very possible in Beirut2.

Something interesting Rabih also said is that there is a growing numbers of "No one" among southerners as an answer to which party do they support, and there is a small chance of a breakthrough in southern districts. However he argued that the small chance is due to the "total control" of the duo on the electoral process in the elections day. We need alot of monitoring and security presence in order to safeguard the integrity of the elections there.

It is due to them being allied with HA controlling most of it. In 2018 HA helped alot Amal and they HA ended up getting 300K votes. I do wish that they can get the shia seat in Beirut.

JB81

Legendary Member
you are classifying differently a lebanese who has a second nationality from a lebanese who does not and considering they do not have the same rights. Both cases should be under the same law as both are as lebanese as anyone else.
1 law be it 6MPs or in the 128 does not matter but you cannot differentiate on the basis of "they are not coming back" as lebanon is their final homeland to both.

Bazek was classifying the interests of each Lebanese expats; not their belonging; but both have the same rights; and the Disctrict 16th gave them not only the right of voting; but also the right to run for Lebanese Parliament

If anything, the 15 District is unfair to the Diaspora as it denies their right to participate

It can be true or not the interests of each group; the District 16, an mp is closer to the Diaspora and their needs; can be their political and service voice in the Parliament

And lastly, the mp is equal to his colleagues in Lebanon

It don't get how the 6mps are being treated as less mps than the ones in Lebanon

Enno, their vote is 6 not 3 or half of 2imeh

Same law same rights same districts

And according to number of registrations; the mp numbers can be adjusted from 6 to 8 to 12 mps

JB81

Legendary Member

Please do vote for anyone but a Christian. And FPM will thank you for the free Christian mp again

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Bazek was classifying the interests of each Lebanese expats; not their belonging; but both have the same rights; and the Disctrict 16th gave them not only the right of voting; but also the right to run for Lebanese Parliament

If anything, the 15 District is unfair to the Diaspora as it denies their right to participate

It can be true or not the interests of each group; the District 16, an mp is closer to the Diaspora and their needs; can be their political and service voice in the Parliament

And lastly, the mp is equal to his colleagues in Lebanon

It don't get how the 6mps are being treated as less mps than the ones in Lebanon

Enno, their vote is 6 not 3 or half of 2imeh

Same law same rights same districts

And according to number of registrations; the mp numbers can be adjusted from 6 to 8 to 12 mps
I was not defending one law or the other as i do not care much to be honest. The impact is very limited in both cases with the number of voters. Add to that expats were not voting very differently to residents so who cares tbh. (my personal opinion).

Second why do you get to decide what is better for expats? I am absolutely not voting based on what I need as an expat and the simple reason is that i do not need anything from lebanon. What i am basing my vote on is what my family who reside in lebanon need and i am lebanese so i get to say what my family needs as we as expats are supporting our families today and we are directly impacted by our families situation.
In short what i need is that the lebanese residents be able to live decently, have jobs, security and opportunities and not an MP that fights for me to get a cheaper passport...i do not care about that at all.

Back to the constitution: if we do not respect it then why do we have a country? Kel wahad dekkento 3a 7sebo. You cannot do 2 classifications because how do you decide who votes for what? 7ekem 3al naweya if they are coming back or not. Anyway expats do not have needs as expats...they have the same needs as the residents and its not the 100 or 500€ to renew the passport that is their major issue. You are getting expats all wrong!

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
@flag-waver @Patriot any guesses min el akh?

xtaqGuV.jpg

JB81

Legendary Member
I was not defending one law or the other as i do not care much to be honest. The impact is very limited in both cases with the number of voters. Add to that expats were not voting very differently to residents so who cares tbh. (my personal opinion).

Second why do you get to decide what is better for expats? I am absolutely not voting based on what I need as an expat and the simple reason is that i do not need anything from lebanon. What i am basing my vote on is what my family who reside in lebanon need and i am lebanese so i get to say what my family needs as we as expats are supporting our families today and we are directly impacted by our families situation.
In short what i need is that the lebanese residents be able to live decently, have jobs, security and opportunities and not an MP that fights for me to get a cheaper passport...i do not care about that at all.

Back to the constitution: if we do not respect it then why do we have a country? Kel wahad dekkento 3a 7sebo. You cannot do 2 classifications because how do you decide who votes for what? 7ekem 3al naweya if they are coming back or not. Anyway expats do not have needs as expats...they have the same needs as the residents and its not the 100 or 500€ to renew the passport that is their major issue. You are getting expats all wrong!

Well, let your family in Lebanon decides for themselves

And an expat, the diaspora can be very much effective and vibrant towards Lebanon; not only 1 time each for 4 years

Having an mp whom along their political vote in the Parliament; can also play a role into being a Bridge between the Diaspora and Lebanon is great

We need not only 6mps, but 12 if not 24 in order to engage with the diaspora on daily basis; just like the 128 in Lebanon who engage with the locals

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
let your family in Lebanon decides for themselves
They are and our votes are aligned. As i am in the same situation as them because of lebanon.

As for the rest of your post you are still not understanding everyone who immigrated and why they did so ... They are not an ATM they are individuals who got ripped from where they grew up and from their families because of how bad lebanon has been.