• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese...

E

ExistanZ

Christians, muslims, druze and all the religions create one amazing country called Lebanon. I wrote this because I dont want this hand to be broken between all religions, politicians and people should try and try hard to stop this mess and problems.

Stop arguing and fighting and killing we are brothers. And I refuse to shoot at my brother, no matter to what religion/political view he/she belongs too.

• Advertisement
  • Shuyu3i

Shuyu3i

The issue is every sect is looking for each other's interest. What is needed is a movement that comprises of every sect in lebanon looking for the people's interest. We cannot keep on going like this. This is shameful and emberrasing. I don't know how people keep on voting for these leaders. Just talking about the issue is not enough we need a revolution. People need to wake up.

Dry Ice

Dry Ice

Legendary Member
    Lebanon is more than a country, it's a message.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Christians, muslims, druze and all the religions create one amazing country called Lebanon. I wrote this because I dont want this hand to be broken between all religions, politicians and people should try and try hard to stop this mess and problems.

Stop arguing and fighting and killing we are brothers. And I refuse to shoot at my brother, no matter to what religion/political view he/she belongs too.

Which "mess and problems" you want stopped?

Why should people stop "arguing"?

Which "fighting and killing" you want stopped?

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Which "mess and problems" you want stopped?

Why should people stop "arguing"?

Which "fighting and killing" you want stopped?
    He is right. Lebanese are becoming too childish over the smallest matter and anything.

We should at least agree on basic rules. Rules that are common to all, accepted by all and mostly, duly respected by all.

As for our differences, we should learn to manage them. And while we need to speak our minds and discuss with each others our ideas, we also need to be courageous enough to recognize each others rightful thoughts and actions, and we should also be courageous enough to open a blank book, and write in it all our common denominators and cherish that book and keep it and consider its content, a priority to follow and respect, over all our selfish wishes and desires.

That's how we start being a nation.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    He is right. Lebanese are becoming too childish over the smallest matter and anything.

We should at least agree on basic rules. Rules that are common to all, accepted by all and mostly, duly respected by all.

As for our differences, we should learn to manage them. And while we need to speak our minds and discuss with each others our ideas, we also need to be courageous enough to recognize each others rightful thoughts and actions, and we should also be courageous enough to open a blank book, and write in it all our common denominators and cherish that book and keep it and consider its content, a priority to follow and respect, over all our selfish wishes and desires.

That's how we start being a nation.
    I agree and we can certainly discuss what you wrote, but how does that answer the questions I asked? I am also not sure that what you wrote above is a translation of the intent of the thread opener, perhaps ExistanZ can comment...

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree and we can certainly discuss what you wrote, but how does that answer the questions I asked? I am also not sure that what you wrote above is a translation of the intent of the thread opener, perhaps ExistanZ can comment...
    I think that ExistanZ tried to point out at a general behavior that we all need to change and not at a specific issue, and it is in that sense that I thought my reply would answer your questions. Dunno, perhaps we need to wait back for him to shed more light on that.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin

Lebanon is more than a country, it's a message.
    When muslims, christians, druze, and all other religions start having an allegiance to their country and to their country only, and when they all start thinking and behaving as "one people" rather than multiple communities threatening each other, then we will start hoping of having a REAL COUNTRY that has a MESSAGE.

Let's not fool ourselves with poetry... we all love Lebanon and wish it would be a great country again, but throughout history, we were destroyed and saved only by foreign interests. When foreign interests dictated it, we had (and we allowed) the Cairo treaty that led to war, when foreign interests dictated it, we were invaded by Syria and Israel... and only when foreign interests (US) allowed it, we regained our independence...

We gained our independence ONCE by being united (1945), but since then, we realized our unity was built out of sand.

As i said earlier, ONLY WHEN WE START HAVING ALLEGIANCE TO LEBANON ONLY, that we are going to deserve a country... the "message" is clear.

Mahmoum

Mahmoum

Let's not fool ourselves with poetry... we all love Lebanon and wish it would be a great country again,
    It never was to would be again

We gained our independence ONCE by being united (1945), but since then, we realized our unity was built out of sand.
    This is simply not true. On one hand, our independance is provided to us but not gained, and without any martyrs, what a shame!
    On the other hand, re-reading the history, I cannot see during which period the Lebaneses were united; their leaders were but to share or distribute our rights between them.

As i said earlier, ONLY WHEN WE START HAVING ALLEGIANCE TO LEBANON ONLY, that we are going to deserve a country... the "message" is clear.
    True

E

ExistanZ

I will comment ... A Christian have the whole right to live free and safe in Lebanon, a Muslim have that right too and as well every other religion minority or majority.

Why is it so hard for us to respect each others ... some of us say we need to understand our differences. True we can understand them by standing under the same umbrella called Lebanon. Politicians get paid and at the end they go to sleep they eat they enjoy electricity while we leave our country we leave our parents or we die for a "cause" what cause who gave anyone the right to tell me to die other than for the sake of my country as a whole.

My house got destroyed I didn't disrespect anyone from any religion or any political tendency ... I have friend in every city of Lebanon and I will not lose them over a house or a politician that they upset him. For me the only reason I accept to die is the green tree in our flag, if leb-forces say Syria hurt them I will stand with him against Syria because he is Lebanese he is my brother at the end we belong to the same land same country same prophet whether they want to teach us that we dont have same prophet we do I have a mind to think logical. And if Israel hurts any brother i will do the same.

Thats how i think ... Because I was born to learn God gave us mind to think and not hate for stupid reasons.

No one need revolution, no one needs war to prove a point. most of you work or go to college or school. If you have something to prove talk to the person next to you its either you prove your point or you reach the solution for the differences.

Anger leads to Anger (thats the common logic) and vise versa.

erzallubnan

erzallubnan

ExistanZ what you wrote sounds like poetry to many people.

Lebanon has one solution and only one:

* Separation of religion and state.

* Debarring the clergy from interference in political and judicial matters.

* Removal of the barriers between the various sects and confessions.

* The abolition of feudalism, the organization of national economy on the basis of production and the protection of the rights of labour and the interests of the nation and the state.

* Formation of strong armed forces which will be effective in determining the destiny of the country and the nation.

abou3adal

abou3adal

The issue is every sect is looking for each other's interest. What is needed is a movement that comprises of every sect in lebanon looking for the people's interest. We cannot keep on going like this. This is shameful and emberrasing. I don't know how people keep on voting for these leaders. Just talking about the issue is not enough we need a revolution. People need to wake up.
    I think the mentality should change.

No revolution dude plz.

Renegade

Renegade

ExistanZ what you wrote sounds like poetry to many people.

Lebanon has one solution and only one:

* Separation of religion and state.

* Debarring the clergy from interference in political and judicial matters.

* Removal of the barriers between the various sects and confessions.

* The abolition of feudalism, the organization of national economy on the basis of production and the protection of the rights of labour and the interests of the nation and the state.

* Formation of strong armed forces which will be effective in determining the destiny of the country and the nation.
    und lebanus Ueber alles!!
    wein 3ayich ?
    these concepts are from history
    we are in the middle of religious-secterian struggle
    what u r marketing do not sell
    go and sell it first to kabbara and if he buys we buy it 3al 3emyeineh
    yalla cheers