Lebanon’s Economic crisis - Reasons And Way outs

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

one forgets that the people voted in these members in parliament. those who think that these protesters will be able to vote for a new and clean parliament are just wrong. our people voted for these parasites. they and the ruling class should go.

• Advertisement
  • loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    this is where i disagree. it is the people who are corrupt and lack reform not the law or the constitution. the lack of is due to the people.
    i agree that people's heads are corrupt.. it's in our DNA, but don't expect that to change if you don't provide them with a platform that helps them get over their sectarian and corrupt mind.
    You will NEVER change that mentality if we are stuck in a system that looks at what saint you worship to allow you to hold a position, and any time you want to criticize a politician, he/she will use the holy spirit to fight you.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    ok great. GOOD LUCK.. i will sit back and watch.
    bring down the president, dont provide an alternative, and i am sure everything will be ok. GOOD LUCK.
    Unfortunately he has to go...
    He’s useless

answer me honestly
    How can he watch the morons forming this government creating all these problems while he sits and does nothing.
    Lak doesn’t he care for his 3ahd ? legacy ? Doesn’t he fear history ? He needs to take some initiative or Resign....

lak make a speech, expose then and mase7 fiyon l ard, pressure them, use the streets
    But There’s no transparency, and Hezbollah runs the show

I’m sorry Nito but FPMers need to realize this and come back to their senses and find out what the hell is going on in their leadership.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    one forgets that the people voted in these members in parliament. those who think that these protesters will be able to vote for a new and clean parliament are just wrong. our people voted for these parasites. they and the ruling class should go.
    i agree, but it is WORSE when you dont give them an alternative.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

i agree that people's heads are corrupt.. it's in our DNA, but don't expect that to change if you don't provide them with a platform that helps them get over their sectarian and corrupt mind.
    You will NEVER change that mentality if we are stuck in a system that looks at what saint you worship to allow you to hold a position, and any time you want to criticize a politician, he/she will use the holy spirit to fight you.
    the amendment of the constitutions needs 2/3 majority initiated by a proposal from the President.

implement Taef with decentralisation and a senate with the parliament being non sectarian and then we can talk about amendments.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Unfortunately he has to go...
    He’s useless

answer me honestly
    How can he watch the morons forming this government creating all these problems while he sits and does nothing.
    Lak doesn’t he care for his 3ahd ? legacy ? Doesn’t he fear history ? He needs to take some initiative or Resign....

lak make a speech, expose then and mase7 fiyon l ard, pressure them, use the streets
    But There’s no transparency, and Hezbollah runs the show

I’m sorry Nito but FPMers need to realize this and come back to their senses and find what the hell is going on in their leadership.
    i am stopping here... go back to my posts and read them. I am repeating the same discussion... i am looking beyond Aoun and FPM, and you are still stuck at your narrow agenda of poking holes in FPMers. I am telling you the hell with everyone, but let's organize an alternative, you go back and you say AOUN SUCKS... sorry i'd love to continue the discussion, but only when it becomes a bit more useful.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    the amendment of the constitutions needs 2/3 majority initiated by a proposal from the President.
    or COMPLETE CHAOS and start from scratch ;) coup d'etat... a real revolution...

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

i agree, but it is WORSE when you dont give them an alternative.
    the alternative is for the MPs and ministers not to steal. Also for the people as they are voting for them to hold them accountable for their actions. no accountability means nothing is done. implement Taef and then amend if we need to.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    i am stopping here... go back to my posts and read them. I am repeating the same discussion... i am looking beyond Aoun and FPM, and you are still stuck at your narrow agenda of poking holes in FPMers. I am telling you the hell with everyone, but let's organize an alternative, you go back and you say AOUN SUCKS... sorry i'd love to continue the discussion, but only when it becomes a bit more useful.
    You are wrong
    Aoun is the President
    And his Party is FPM

and right now as a President he has duties towards his country..

My agenda is fixing the damn country and asking people responsible to be responsible.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

lets have heavy decentralisation so people are even more accountable for their representatives. local governments taking care of peoples affairs and each province votes for 2 people for their national parliament. 30 members in national parliament at most. local members of government of 10 members each and they take care of this shit hole.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

You are wrong
    Aoun is the President
    And his Party is FPM

and right now as a President he has duties towards his country..

My agenda is fixing the damn country and asking people responsible to be responsible.
    the President has many roles that he can play and he isnt playing most of them. he can call for an extradionary session of parliament and fill out a decree which is an emergency and without parliament approval which he isnt doing but it wont solve anything. the issue is deeper than this with each sect taking scraps from the gov. they think its their fathers company they are running.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

@Resign
    i suggest now as the President has weight and 11 ministers in the gov with 29 representatives in parliament hence the biggest block that decentralisation is on the agenda. there needs to be a discussion in gov and parliament about it and if it doesnt go anywhere then a decree approving it after studying the options. that is what needs to happen.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

i suggest also that we rely heavily on our exports. the agriculture ministry masalan needs to be out of Berris hands. he has had it for ages. we need our agriculture to be exported. our exports need to be increased and our imports decreased. we need to go from a service country to actually producing something. to rely on the expats for remittances is not a long term solution as we have seen.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

georges attiyeh from central inspection failed and needs to be replaced. this institution he holds is a key one which has an oversight on all the ministries and employment etc. he has failed to do jack shit. they need to look at all the ministries and the people not doing their jobs they get warnings and fired if they continue to do so. in a couple of years 20% of our public administration will be retirement age which means alot of jobs will be vacant.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

In australia over 2 million are public administration workers out of 11 million so that isnt the drain of the budget. the main reason is that we are losing alot of capital due to the customs, airport, corruption, etc. these are need to be tackled. with decentralisation i am hoping for another airport in the north which i know will be used heavily and create jobs for our god forsaken province which no one cares about.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    @Resign
    i suggest now as the President has weight and 11 ministers in the gov with 29 representatives in parliament hence the biggest block that decentralisation is on the agenda. there needs to be a discussion in gov and parliament about it and if it doesnt go anywhere then a decree approving it after studying the options. that is what needs to happen.
    This is going to total chaos
    I am 99% sure of it
    Those people couldn't govern in normal circumstances, you think they'll succeed in times of crisis?

I fear for my parents and family in Lebanon
    Lebanon is going towards a Somalia scenario
    Militias and famine
    It's only a matter of time.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

This is going to total chaos
    I am 99% sure of it
    Those people couldn't govern in normal circumstances, you think they'll succeed in times of crisis?

I fear for my parents and family in Lebanon
    Lebanon is going towards a Somalia scenario
    Militias and famine
    It's only a matter of time.
    unfortunately that looks like the case. the debt is increasing and nothing is done to stop it.