Lebanon, an Israeli point of view

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
A very interesting interview discussing the Lebanese civil war, the relationship with Bashir, the f*ck ups and the misplaced Israeli bets over Lebanon.
This guy is in fact a Lebanese Jew
Born in Lebanon, grew up in Aintoura until 17 years of age before he defected into Israel

• Advertisement
  • JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    A very interesting interview discussing the Lebanese civil war, the relationship with Bashir, the f*ck ups and the misplaced Israeli bets over Lebanon.
    Born in Lebanon, grew up in Aintoura until 17 years of age before he defected into Israel

a friend told me about him but since he didn't remember his name, i was unable to find the video on youtube.
    thx for sharing

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Well he gave a good perspective to that situation at that time
    this proves, contrary to the belief, that the Christians never wanted to make peace with the israelis,
    but they wanted to conserve their existence.
    So next time a guy tells us you were israeli agents we can safely tell him f**k off

on the other hand this guy seems to miss lebanon (as he said), but unfortunately for him he has chosen his camp

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So, Bashir Gemayel the war criminal was also a coward who hid behind a rock?

What is then all of this fuss about him among some Christians portraying him as a hero?

This Jack Niria opened our eyes on many issues, like the one that Emile Edde wanted to get rid of a large part of Lebanon because it is inhabited by another sect.

I finished the interview with more respect towards SHN.

Last edited:
    My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    He retained his Lebanese accent fluently.. Impressing, when you think he left when he was 17.

Last edited:
    lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well he gave a good perspective to that situation at that time
    this proves, contrary to the belief, that the Christians never wanted to make peace with the israelis,
    but they wanted to conserve their existence.
    So next time a guy tells us you were israeli agents we can safely tell him f**k off

on the other hand this guy seems to miss lebanon (as he said), but unfortunately for him he has chosen his camp
    The jews of Lebanon didn't choose a different camp, they had no choice. They were like the Christians but a much smaller bunch. They had no political means of survival. Some remained resisting until 1982 and the Israeli invasion. They will be Lebanese until they die.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The jews of Lebanon didn't choose a different camp, they had no choice. They were like the Christians but a much smaller bunch. They had no political means of survival. Some remained resisting until 1982 and the Israeli invasion. They will be Lebanese until they die.
    The "Christian resistance" is the biggest lie of the century.
    All your Muslim compatriots wanted was a fairer share of power which you denied them.
    Instead, you went on a full rampage against Palestinians and Lebanese Muslims, killed their children, raped their women, and then cried "victim".

The "Lebanese Christians being persecuted by Muslims" story is a delusional one that has no basis in reality
    Even the Western media didn't buy it at the time.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Here 's some historical background. The Nuremberg trials of the Nazi war criminals, established a foundation principle that rejects the reason of a higher order, meaning that no one can say he did the crimes because he was ordered to. The court estimates that there is always a way to avoid, or reject, carrying criminal orders...

Now back to the guy, siding with enemy was his choice and not his destiny, he could have chosen to go anywhere in the world and build a life there especially that he was 17 at that time. But he has chosen to go with the enemy. so for me, no excuse.
    I am not saying others didn't do the same, but instead of going with the israelis they went with the syrians.
    I, as a lebanese citizen who holds his country dear to his heart, can't but think of him as traitor...

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    All your Muslim compatriots wanted was a fairer share of power which you denied them.
    Instead, you went on a full rampage against Palestinians and Lebanese Muslims, killed their children, raped their women, and then cried "victim".

The "Lebanese Christians being persecuted by Muslims" story is a delusional one that has no basis in reality
    Broken record

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Here's the short list of everyone's mistakes and which sealed our fate:
    1- Cairo agreement 1968- The deadliest mistake in Lebanon's history
    2- Long before the uncivil war erupted, the Christians, upon own initiative, should have tailored a "Taif-like" accord for power sharing with Muslims
    3- The Muslims should have dumped their yellow Pan-Arabism and never sided with the palestinians, somali, sudanese and syrians against the Christians after the palesto-christians war started

In the next big bang, let's try to do it right form start.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

So, Bashir Gemayel the war criminal was also a coward who hid behind a rock?

What is then all of this fuss about him among some Christians portraying him as a hero?

This Jack Niria opened our eyes on many issues, like the one that Emile Edde wanted to get rid of a large part of Lebanon because it is inhabited by another sect.

I finished the interview with more respect towards SHN.
    the christian resistance kicked your ass. live with it. your palos are dead and the big arafat allah yel3an his soul.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Here 's some historical background. The Nuremberg trials of the Nazi war criminals, established a foundation principle that rejects the reason of a higher order, meaning that no one can say he did the crimes because he was ordered to. The court estimates that there is always a way to avoid, or reject, carrying criminal orders...

Now back to the guy, siding with enemy was his choice and not his destiny, he could have chosen to go anywhere in the world and build a life there especially that he was 17 at that time. But he has chosen to go with the enemy. so for me, no excuse.
    I am not saying others didn't do the same, but instead of going with the israelis they went with the syrians.
    I, as a lebanese citizen who holds his country dear to his heart, can't but think of him as traitor...
    You assumed that the USA welcomes Lebanese anytime or living in Syria is being protected like the joke when Assad didn't let the jews have passports. Lets get of the high horse a bit. Faced with being kidnapped and western countries that were divided in accepting refugees, he chose Israel. I would have too.

I suggest you do a bit of reading on how Lebanese immigrants first arrived to the US shores. They were not let in and had to prostitute their woman on occasions to get visas. Lets not be judgemental.

V

Viral

Historically, Lebanon’s Christians have been too smart for their own good.
    After giving up on France to protect them, they lured Reagan into getting his marines killed for taking sides with them. Later they did the same to the Israelis and the Syrians.
    Until GMA became President, the Christians never understood the meaning of pride and patriotism. Even today, many of us still feel insecure and confused about our own identity. We like to believe we are a unique hybrid, exceptional and indispensable to the world. We don't want to fight our own wars. Meanwhile, those we wanted to believe they were inferior to us didn’t count on others to come liberate their land. They sacrificed their own children and by doing so they cemented their own identity and eternal rights in their own land - The land that Eddy wanted to donate to the Israelis like Trump and the Golan Heights.
    SHN was the only person that Jack had to think deep how to describe his image. He could not say he admired him being an adversary but, by calling him trouble (to the Israelis that is) he basically gave him the Medal of Honor for Lebanon something he didn’t do the Israelis collaborators like Bashir and Geagea.
    So besides having GMA as leader hopefully followed by Bassil, I’m not sure the Christians have much to show for other than beating the young kids from M.L.:cool:

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You assumed that the USA welcomes Lebanese anytime or living in Syria is being protected like the joke when Assad didn't let the jews have passports. Lets get of the high horse a bit. Faced with being kidnapped and western countries that were divided in accepting refugees, he chose Israel. I would have too.

I suggest you do a bit of reading on how Lebanese immigrants first arrived to the US shores. They were not let in and had to prostitute their woman on occasions to get visas. Lets not be judgemental.
    Where did I mention USA in my post ?

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    After giving up on France to protect them, they lured Reagan into getting his marines killed for taking sides with them. Later they did the same to the Israelis and the Syrians.
    Not true , all Lebanese sects used outsiders for their advantage. From on the onset of Lebanon. You made a Very sectarian statement.

Until GMA became President, the Christians never understood the meaning of pride and patriotism. Even today, many of us still feel insecure and confused about our own identity. We like to believe we are a unique hybrid, exceptional and indispensable to the world. We don't want to fight our own wars. Meanwhile, those we wanted to believe they were inferior to us didn’t count on others to come liberate their land. They sacrificed their own children and by doing so they cemented their own identity and eternal rights in their own land - The land that Eddy wanted to donate to the Israelis like Trump and the Golan Heights.
    So wrong, the Christians were the only group that carried and fought for the Lebanese identity or way of life always. They may have used different methods that can be questionable but can never be questioned about their love and care for Lebanon .

SHN was the only person that Jack had to think deep how to describe his image. He could not say he admired him being an adversary but, by calling him trouble (to the Israelis that is) he basically gave him the Medal of Honor for Lebanon something he didn’t do the Israelis collaborators like Bashir and Geagea.
    So besides having GMA as leader hopefully followed by Bassil, I’m not sure the Christians have much to show for other than beating the young kids from M.L.:cool:
    Lool. Wrong on so many dimensions.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No people will fight for the personal interest of his leader, this commonly known fact.
    I knew people who broke their backs carrying shells to Zahleh to fight the syrians
    but when they discovered what kataeb become (or maybe has always been) they quit.
    Now why the leaders kept the bad elements and alienated the good elements, simply because they are seeking self interest.
    when you seek self interest you need someone who will carry your dirty job, a bad element who will also see his own interest in it,
    while the good element will not accept it.
    Now once the people has faith in his leader, he fights like what happened with GMA period.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Where did I mention USA in my post ?
    I was giving my opinion about travel to a divided europe, syria, or the US. Not many other alternatives for a 17 year old looking for a stable future.

V

Viral

Not true , all Lebanese sects used outsiders for their advantage. From on the onset of Lebanon. You made a Very sectarian statement.
    That IS a Very sectarian statement... I rather talk about National interest not sectarian interest...
    the Christians were the only group that carried and fought for the Lebanese identity
    You mean the Lebanese Christian Identity...
    As I recall, we were told Lebanon is not an Arab country, Christian France is our Mother. That's how we got confused about our identify when our other half was not Christian and didn't have an inferiority complex calling themselves Arabs.