Parliamentary elections 2018 Lebanon elections 2018 in numbers - who won? how many votes did they get? by caza and district

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The lebanese christian state that shared political power with the muslims was racist and utterly corrupt, but the jewish state who kicked out everyone from the land it claimed is a strong all around swell thing :lol::lol::lol:
No they did not kick everyone from the land. Those who left left voluntarily. I have family in Israel in the Galilee. They are Israelis and they are doctors, and teachers and well educated. They speak Hebrew, Arabic and English. My mother is from Jerusalem she studied and graduated from Jerusalem before she immigrated to Kuwait then Canada. She is 85 today. Now give me the name of one Lebanese woman who is not Christian that is 85 today and actually has an education. Those who remained in Lebanon were ethnically cleansed by the Christians and others had to leave the country. In my Lebanese father's side of the family no woman has a university degree. My father has an education because he went to Kuwait at the age of 14. It is there where he received his education.

I am laughing at you as well,

• Advertisement
  • Aoune32!

Aoune32!

No they did not kick everyone from the land. Those who left left voluntarily. I have family in Israel in the Galilee. They are Israelis and they are doctors, and teachers and well educated. They speak Hebrew, Arabic and English. My mother is from Jerusalem she studied and graduated from Jerusalem before she immigrated to Kuwait then Canada. She is 85 today. Now give me the name of one Lebanese woman who is not Christian that is 85 today and actually has an education. Those who remained in Lebanon were ethnically cleansed by the Christians and others had to leave the country. In my Lebanese father's side of the family no woman has a university degree. My father has an education because he went to Kuwait at the age of 14. It is there where he received his education.

I am laughing at you as well,
    I feel sorry that you think that way. I have 2 uncles and my dad. 2/3 do not hold a uni degree and the 3rd only got a uni degree due to him going to Czechslovakia in those times. Your attack of christianity and the political regime does not match.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    $86 MIl
    and thats withiut the extra millions o n tickets, bribes,etc

جري التداول بمعلومات تفيد بأنّ “مسؤول الماكينة الانتخابية للقوات جان خشان، وهو من منطقة دير الأحمر، طُرد من القوات بسبب أخطاء تقدر بحوالي ١٦ مليون دولار من مبالغ تمويل الحملة الانتخابية للحزب”.

وتضيف المعلومات أنّ “قيمة تمويل الحملة بلغت 86 مليون دولار، في حين أنّ خشان قدّم فواتير بـ70 مليون دولار”.

مصادر في القوات اللبنانية أكّدت لـRefresh.com.lb أنّ استقالة خشان جاءت من ضمن التغييرات التي تحصل حاليا في حزب القوات عموما، كما هي الحال في تغيير منسق البقاع واستبداله بجاد دميان، علما بأنّه لا يوجد أي مشاكل بين الحزب والمنسق السابق.

والمعروف أيضا في أوساط القوات اللبنانية أنّ خشان شاب نشيط، محبوب في الأوساط القواتية. كما أنّه لا يزال عضوا في اللجنة المركزية للحزب.

وتضيف المصادر أنّ جان خشان وأخاه معروفان في الحزب بتميزهما في ما يختص بالشؤون الانمائية.

الجدير ذكره أنّ خشان كان مسؤولا في القوات على صعيد عام وليس في دير الأحمر التي لم يحصل فيها أي خطأ مادي في الحملة الانتخابية.

geogeo758

geogeo758

some interesting things looking back
    There were some instances were the preferential votes for one party were affiliated with one religion (I.e azm movement -> Sunni, Amal movement - Shia)

but when you look closely there were several Christian candidates that received sawt tafdeli based off of Christian voters (Samir Azar, Michel Moussa, Jean Obeid, Hadi hobeich, etc) which adds to the total Christian vote by 10-25k

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

some interesting things looking back
    There were some instances were the preferential votes for one party were affiliated with one religion (I.e azm movement -> Sunni, Amal movement - Shia)

but when you look closely there were several Christian candidates that received sawt tafdeli based off of Christian voters (Samir Azar, Michel Moussa, Jean Obeid, Hadi hobeich, etc) which adds to the total Christian vote by 10-25k
    meaning the christian vote kan adech??

geogeo758

geogeo758

meaning the christian vote kan adech??
    without these candidates, it was estimated initially as 680k, but after looking closer at each party, I’d estimate an additional 25k
    ~700-705k, ~40% of total electorate

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

without these candidates, it was estimated initially as 680k, but after looking closer at each party, I’d estimate an additional 25k
    ~700-705k, ~40% of total electorate
    it will be interesting to know the turnout of sect? masalan the shia turnout was 70%? sunni 60%??

geogeo758

geogeo758

it will be interesting to know the turnout of sect? masalan the shia turnout was 70%? sunni 60%??
    that is very hard to estimate
    You can use strictly each party’s preferential vote as a first step- but it’s still not the most specific
    I was just intrigued as there were so many Christian candidates under those parties that were initially unaccounted for
    My 25k estimate is also conservative- it could be higher
    Another great example is Nehme Tohme- he has a big following, but it’s hard to estimate how much the Greek Catholic sec voted for him vs Druze voters etc

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

that is very hard to estimate
    You can use strictly each party’s preferential vote as a first step- but it’s still not the most specific
    I was just intrigued as there were so many Christian candidates under those parties that were initially unaccounted for
    My 25k estimate is also conservative- it could be higher
    Another great example is Nehme Tohme- he has a big following, but it’s hard to estimate how much the Greek Catholic sec voted for him vs Druze voters etc
    Same as the orthodox in tripoli who could have voted for Mikati. But i expect those who can vote muslims did vote. i expect the christian vote to be between 38-40% of the electorate. hence we expats dont want MPs allocated to us. we want to affect the MPs currently in parliament. that is our right. If Bassil places this expat 6 Mps bullshit i wont vote.

geogeo758

geogeo758

Same as the orthodox in tripoli who could have voted for Mikati. But i expect those who can vote muslims did vote. i expect the christian vote to be between 38-40% of the electorate. hence we expats dont want MPs allocated to us. we want to affect the MPs currently in parliament. that is our right. If Bassil places this expat 6 Mps bullshit i wont vote.
    you can see the orthodox/Maronite turnout via sawt tafdeli for Jean Obeid and the other candidate ~2.5k- all these votes were under “azm party” but likely Christian not sunni

I hope you understand what I’m trying to say
    Samir Azar- was 11k, Michel Moussa- 4.1k, Emile Rahme- 3.1k (while these may have Shiite voters, they also have a good portion of Christian voters as well) all of which was unaccounted f in the 680k figure

the Christian percentage (depending on # you use) is like 700-710k (40-41% overall)

the reason why I’m being so meticulous is also because this is our closest way of having a census, as there are so many people in Lebanon and not Lebanese

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

you can see the orthodox/Maronite turnout via sawt tafdeli for Jean Obeid and the other candidate ~2.5k- all these votes were under “azm party” but likely Christian not sunni

I hope you understand what I’m trying to say
    Samir Azar- was 11k, Michel Moussa- 4.1k, Emile Rahme- 3.1k (while these may have Shiite voters, they also have a good portion of Christian voters as well) all of which was unaccounted f in the 680k figure

the Christian percentage (depending on # you use) is like 700-710k (40-41% overall)

the reason why I’m being so meticulous is also because this is our closest way of having a census, as there are so many people in Lebanon and not Lebanese
    where did u get the 680k aslan?

geogeo758

geogeo758

where did u get the 680k aslan?
    the article you posted lol, it’s half way in this thread
    Plus if you add up the totals of the parties and what religion they’ve historically been affiliated with you get similar numbers

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

the article you posted lol, it’s half way in this thread
    Plus if you add up the totals of the parties and what religion they’ve historically been affiliated with you get similar numbers
    it was posted a whole ago nsit.

the christian vote was no less than 40%
    we dont know how many voted FM, Mikati or even some christian candidates as u said.

geogeo758

geogeo758

it was posted a whole ago nsit.

the christian vote was no less than 40%
    we dont know how many voted FM, Mikati or even some christian candidates as u said.
    that’s ok lol
    But yes it’s important to consider these alternative “non-Christian parties”, as Christian voters have been historically so divided, which was my whole point

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

all the northern christian districts also had less than 50% voter turnout which means that alot of the christians hounike are out of the country. i suspect the voter turnouts that were achieved in 2018 is the max people residing in lebanon. the rest are outside the country. the only district which didnt vote en masse is beirut 1.