Lebanon is a North African country...

Lebanon is on the African plate therefore Lebanon and the people of Lebanon are African... for proof please google the African Syrian rift...

• Advertisement
  • opium

No we are Europeans.
    Seriously who cares, Africa itself drifted from Eurasia.
    I believe more that we are the center of gravity of the world. Maybe that was before they invented the flying machines.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hey I actually won a bet with an Algerian guy out of all people on this particular subject! Easiest 50 euros I ever made 😂

Well everyone seems to be taking this better than I thought... if you look at Phoenicians the Territories stretched across north Africa and only touched the southern tips of some Mediterranean islands and Iberia.

Iron Maiden

Well everyone seems to be taking this better than I thought... if you look at Phoenicians the Territories stretched across north Africa and only touched the southern tips of some Mediterranean islands and Iberia.
    Were you expecting us to perform sacrificial rites to Amon-Ra?
    I can sacrifice some bacon and eggs if it helps

Lebanon is on the African plate therefore Lebanon and the people of Lebanon are African... for proof please google the African Syrian rift...
    Iceland and Indonesia are on the Eurasian plate, therefore Icelanders and Indonesians are Eurasians.

New Zealanders and Californians should be called “Pacifists”.

Inuits from Greenland, Mexicans and Cubans will become North Americans.

Attachments

Iceland and Indonesia are on the Eurasian plate, therefore Icelanders and Indonesians are Eurasians.

New Zealanders and Californians should be called “Pacifists”.

Inuits from Greenland, Mexicans and Cubans will become North Americans.
    Are you blind? California is clearly entirely on the North American plate and it is obviously known that Mexico Cuba and Greenland are part of North America no one disputes that...

mrsrx

Orange Room Supporter
    Are you blind? California is clearly entirely on the North American plate and it is obviously known that Mexico Cuba and Greenland are part of North America no one disputes that...
    Continents are based on history and human travel long before humans discovered the existence of the plates....We listed continents even before we knew the earth was round and not the center of the universe...that is why asia and europe are not the same continent and india/ksa/china are all in asia

as it happens there is a plate under africa and that is why we called it the african plate not the other way around....some areas are eerily similar to the plates as generally natural barriers occur there but thats about it

last but not least so what if we were african it does not change anything we are a mixed population of travelers, conquerers and slaves each coming from their own area..the lebanese people like any other population were not inbred for thousands/millions of years (even though it can seem like it)

I understand this I’m not saying Lebanese are African as in sub Saharan African but Lebanese are North African like Tunisia ... which is where Carthage was btw... Phoenicians spread their dna from Lebanon all The way down the coast of North Africa.

So when you hear people say things like the holy land is actually in Africa it seems they are right...

Iron Maiden

I understand this I’m not saying Lebanese are African as in sub Saharan African but Lebanese are North African like Tunisia ... which is where Carthage was btw... Phoenicians spread their dna from Lebanon all The way down the coast of North Africa.

So when you hear people say things like the holy land is actually in Africa it seems they are right...
    Then i dont understand what the OP was about??
    When u say lebanon is an african country and not levantine you’re not basing it only on tectonic plates, you are basing it oin cultural customs and traditions shared by most people in the same geographuc region of the levant.

Then i dont understand what the OP was about??
    When u say lebanon is an african country and not levantine you’re not basing it only on tectonic plates, you are basing it oin cultural customs and traditions shared by most people in the same geographuc region of the levant.
    The “Levant” is a Eurocentric term. Israel and Lebanon are technically North African... this is the point of the OP...

Please see this short video for a further explanation

Iron Maiden

The “Levant” is a Eurocentric term. Israel and Lebanon are technically North African... this is the point of the OP...

Please see this short video for a further explanation

You have 0 common customs with other north african civilizations. U dress differently, celebrate diffirently, eat differently, mourn differently, and speak differently and most important of all you sing/play music differently.

Ur phonecian heritage to carthage is gone, the romans made sure of it through enslavement, razing and salting the land.

You are literally comparing apples to oranges.

The term Levant or mashriqui might be eurocentric but its there fir a reason, when europeans met people from this region they saw that they shared many aspects of life and put them under the term levantine.

Tectonic plates are a very modern science, since the 1960s, the term levant has been used for mote than a thousand years.

You have 0 common customs with other north african civilizations. U dress differently, celebrate diffirently, eat differently, mourn differently, and speak differently and most important of all you sing/play music differently.

Ur phonecian heritage to carthage is gone, the romans made sure of it through enslavement, razing and salting the land.

You are literally comparing apples to oranges.

The term Levant or mashriqui might be eurocentric but its there fir a reason, when europeans met people from this region they saw that they shared many aspects of life and put them under the term levantine.

Tectonic plates are a very modern science, since the 1960s, the term levant has been used for mote than a thousand years.
    The Suez Canal is the only thing that is modern here... the European colonialist built it so they didn’t have to go around Africa and it is a false continental divide... the real continental divide is the African Syrian rift...