• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanon: the identity crisis

Amirkani

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I am going to go with the flow, with you on this one :)

But, as always, I want to learn more:
"They brought foreign men into Lebanon..." - Who did they bring?
"Control over Lebanon's finances..." - Who has that control?
"Perpetually threatening us with foreign occupation" - Who's the threat?
Genuine students don't ask 3 loaded questions at once. It makes them look more interested in setting traps for their teacher than learning :)

Genuine teachers ignore trap questions and wait for genuine questions.

DLT

Orange Room Supporter
The Lebanese are Phoenician so let's go build boats and start trading in the Mediterranean sea instead of wasting time with religion/politician... :oops:
:p

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Lebanese is just a bunch of tribes who hate each other but like to eat shish tawouk.
Badda federation iza mech confederation.
Lebanese should realize we need decentralization.

Reactions: DLT

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
no comments

Dalzi

Legendary Member
This is an international phenomenon, only in some places it's more obvious than others (more foreign interests and stronger interference).

Last edited:

Dalzi

Legendary Member
Lebanese is just a bunch of tribes who hate each other but like to eat shish tawouk.
Badda federation iza mech confederation.
Lebanese should realize we need decentralization.
No need to think that way, just identify with your own kind and deal with others in the most ethical and humane way possible and you'd live happily ever after. Difference doesn't equal hate, bad treatment is what causes hate.

TheDesertFox

Deux négations ne font pas une nation...

Split the cake and let's get over it...

Split the country? In theory it wouldn't be a bad idea, considering that us Lebanese talk the talk of saying we all love each other and are all Lebanese but when push comes to shove we take up arms for our own groups and invite foreign terrorists into our country.

Rising Phoenix

Split the country? In theory it wouldn't be a bad idea, considering that us Lebanese talk the talk of saying we all love each other and are all Lebanese but when push comes to shove we take up arms for our own groups and invite foreign terrorists into our country.

When everybody knows his boundaries, they will be no need anymore for taking up arms...everybody will be satisfied with what it has...

Wolf

The Lebanese are Phoenician so let's go build boats and start trading in the Mediterranean sea instead of wasting time with religion/politician... :oops:
:p
True, furthermore, Phoenicia was never a country/Kingdome per say. it was 3-4 major cities and each city had its own ruler, pretty much the same way nowadays.This society as it is now, will never advance.

DLT

Orange Room Supporter
True, furthermore, Phoenicia was never a country/Kingdome per say. it was 3-4 major cities and each city had its own ruler, pretty much the same way nowadays.This society as it is now, will never advance.

You are right and that's maybe why they weren't able to survive for a longer time and conserve their culture. Are we doing the same thing right now? destroying traditional places to build random buildings, no feeling of unity...

Wolf

You are right and that's maybe why they weren't able to survive for a longer time and conserve their culture. Are we doing the same thing right now? destroying traditional places to build random buildings, no feeling of unity...
we are not doing the same, we are doing worse, we did not learn from previous experience.
as long as we have 17 different history books things will not change. This is the 1st time in my life I hear fpm giving up when they said that, we tried to make a change but we could not. It is not 1 identity crises my friend, but 4 million of them.

Reactions: DLT

DLT

Orange Room Supporter
we are not doing the same, we are doing worse, we did not learn from previous experience.
as long as we have 17 different history books things will not change. This is the 1st time in my life I hear fpm giving up when they said that, we tried to make a change but we could not. It is not 1 identity crises my friend, but 4 million of them.
Cannot argue with that, you are completely right.