• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanon tries to reassure markets after ali hassan khalil instigate a severe Lebanese bond plunge.

swissknife

Found his profile

- Born in Khiyam on 15/07/1964.

- Married to Samia Haidar Saleh and has four children.

- Has a degree in Law from the Lebanese University and is also an appeals lawyer.

- Belonged to the ranks of Amal movement from a young age and took over several responsibilities in the movement, most recently in charge of the province of Beirut.

- Member of the body of Presidency in the Amal movement and head of the Union of Youth of Lebanon.

- Elected deputy in 1996 elections for one of the two Shiite seats in Marjayoun - Hasbaya.

- Re-elected in the years 2000, 2005 and 2009.

- He was appointed minister of agriculture in the government of martyred PM Rafik Hariri, 2003-2004.

- Appointed Minister of Health in the government of PM Najib Mikati in 2011.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This time they are on point saraha. This is not a biased article.
Not sure actually. They are discussing an analysis based on data they claim to have, and that contradicts salemeh’s analysis. With respect, I have yet to find a Lebanese journalist who is an expert in finance. If what he is saying is true, the financial institutions that monitor lebanon (and you saw from the Khalil fiasco that they are on it) would immediately lose confidence and shed all their holdings costing us bankruptcy. The only thing that is holding is afloat is the confidence the central bank has built across the years and it is practically the only leg...!

Ergo I don’t trust this article

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
Not sure actually. They are discussing an analysis based on data they claim to have, and that contradicts salemeh’s analysis. With respect, I have yet to find a Lebanese journalist who is an expert in finance. If what he is saying is true, the financial institutions that monitor lebanon (and you saw from the Khalil fiasco that they are on it) would immediately lose confidence and shed all their holdings costing us bankruptcy. The only thing that is holding is afloat is the confidence the central bank has built across the years and it is practically the only leg...!

Ergo I don’t trust this article
According to a friend of mine of is a CFA candidate and works in a bank, the numbers are true.

Venom

Legendary Member
It’s clear that lebanon is heading to a Great Depression because of these politicians in power.

The result of corruption is bankruptcy.