Lebanon's Dam Projects Destructive or Constructive ?

Do you believe the dam projects in Lebanon are?

• But/And is succeeding already, with no proved related corruptions!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Jumblat & co flip flopping on this, is good :lol:
    Now the zu3ama are fighting each others when they agreed and struck a deal before and were all happy for years!
    Oh wait I guess not all of them were really happy with their piece of cake :cool:

So ya either way this is all good for us who are against this destructive project!
    It is much easier to fight them divided than united!

Bisri will not pass God willing!

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    مصادر النشرة: نستغرب التحول بموقف جنبلاط حول مشروع سد بسري الذي كان حلمًا قديما بالنسبة له
    الاثنين ٢٠ تموز ٢٠٢٠ 14:47سياسة

• مصادر النشرة: نستغرب التحول بموقف جنبلاط حول مشروع سد بسري الذي كان حلمًا قديما بالنسبة له

أعربت مصادر "النشرة" عن استغرابها من التحول في موقف رئيس الحزب التقدمي الإشتراكي وليد جنبلاط تجاه مشروع سد بسري، موضحة أنه في العام 2017 عندما التقى المدير الإقليمي في البنك الدولي فريد بلحاج كان السد بنظره حلماً قديماً أما اليوم فيشن هجمات على هذا المشروع.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    مصادر النشرة: نستغرب التحول بموقف جنبلاط حول مشروع سد بسري الذي كان حلمًا قديما بالنسبة له
    الاثنين ٢٠ تموز ٢٠٢٠ 14:47سياسة

• مصادر النشرة: نستغرب التحول بموقف جنبلاط حول مشروع سد بسري الذي كان حلمًا قديما بالنسبة له

أعربت مصادر "النشرة" عن استغرابها من التحول في موقف رئيس الحزب التقدمي الإشتراكي وليد جنبلاط تجاه مشروع سد بسري، موضحة أنه في العام 2017 عندما التقى المدير الإقليمي في البنك الدولي فريد بلحاج كان السد بنظره حلماً قديماً أما اليوم فيشن هجمات على هذا المشروع.
    why are they so surprised?!

nothing new...walid jumblatt is always like that, changing his opinion

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    7abibi you keep nagging if you look at the title of the thread it ends with a question mark!
    You clearly don't like questioning.. you clearly are one of those who follow their za3im blindly!

All political sides have a piece of the cake in these dam projects..

If you believe these projects to be perfect and whatever those behind the projects are saying to be true that is up to you 7abibi!
    But other people likes to know and question them!

So why are you even afraid or dislike people doing this?
    Why does it hurt you if we ask for alternatives from destroying every valley of this country?
    Leih 3am t3azzib 7alak? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that the Bisri Dam is an environmental disaster that could take up to 500,000 trees.
    It's a shame that, in a country where green spaces are becoming increasingly scarce, natural reserves are being demolished to preserve this or that sect's rights.
    Aounists have given up on reason a long time.
    Gibran Bassil can set the whole forests on fire and they'll tell you he had valid reasons to do. Te3tir...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Interview with Tony Nemer & Paul Abi Rached (against project epi)
    مشاكل و حلول - 20/07/2020

VS

Elie Moussaalli & Muhammad Dergham (for project epi)
    مشاكل و حلول - 17/07/2020

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    بول أبي راشد عن سد بسري وخطورته على الأراضي الزراعية الخصبة الموجودة في المنطقة

NewTV 20 Jul 2020

Megaphone:
    مرج بسري يعيد استقبال الزوّار مع اعتصام مفتوح منعاً لاستئناف العمل على السدّ #مرج_بسري #سد_بسري #بسري #لبنان

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    7abibi you keep nagging if you look at the title of the thread it ends with a question mark!
    You clearly don't like questioning.. you clearly are one of those who follow their za3im blindly!

All political sides have a piece of the cake in these dam projects..

If you believe these projects to be perfect and whatever those behind the projects are saying to be true that is up to you 7abibi!
    But other people likes to know and question them!

So why are you even afraid or dislike people doing this?
    Why does it hurt you if we ask for alternatives from destroying every valley of this country?
    You asked a question, you got plenty of answers, yet you insist that you don’t have answers and you have the same questions... it’s like you really don’t want an answer, you just want a crowd to cheer you on and bash on a political party, in this case FPM. You then accuse me of blindly following a zaiim, when I have made it abundantly clear it has nothing to do with a party, in this thread or any other I engage in.
    so ask away, don’t nag though the days where your water supply is interrupted... that’s all.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Leih 3am t3azzib 7alak? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that the Bisri Dam is an environmental disaster that could take up to 500,000 trees.
    It's a shame that, in a country where green spaces are becoming increasingly scarce, natural reserves are being demolished to preserve this or that sect's rights.
    Aounists have given up on reason a long time.
    Gibran Bassil can set the whole forests on fire and they'll tell you he had valid reasons to do. Te3tir...
    Hey look at that! another expert on water retaining structures, distribution and environmental process :lol:

you too cannot Nag if water supply is interrupted... and you cannot hold it against FPMers if they say “ma khallouna”no Matter how long an FPMer is minister of energy and water resources...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    You asked a question, you got plenty of answers, yet you insist that you don’t have answers and you have the same questions... it’s like you really don’t want an answer, you just want a crowd to cheer you on and bash on a political party, in this case FPM. You then accuse me of blindly following a zaiim, when I have made it abundantly clear it has nothing to do with a party, in this thread or any other I engage in.
    so ask away, don’t nag though the days where your water supply is interrupted... that’s all.
    I'm still waiting for your claims that the dams are the cheapest alternative.. give me the sources for that claim Mr. Expert!

You keep dragging the topic and make no point whatsoever!

If you want an expert take on this topic I have already posted articles, studies and interviews with Dr. Samir Zaatiti, Dr. Roland Riachi, Dr. Tony Nemer among others..

I even posted the point of view of those who are for the dam projects.. I have actually listened to both sides.. I wonder if you have, clearly not!

The World Bank documents posted are interesting and important to read but they are more of selling you a product rather than being about if the product is actually good or not! Either way they serve a good purpose into the topic!

There are even articles I posted that talks about corruptions like the balou3a dam that was supposed to cost 26 million USD but ending up spending 90+ million USD on it! But no instead you chose to bury your head in the sand like a good ostrich and keep attacking those questioning all this!

So if you don't have anything of value to say or share with us.. my advice then just don't!

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Here is another serious crime in the north which is decades old and still continuing :mad:

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm still waiting for your claims that the dams are the cheapest alternative.. give me the sources for that claim Mr. Expert!

You keep dragging the topic and make no point whatsoever!

If you want an expert take on this topic I have already posted articles, studies and interviews with Dr. Samir Zaatiti, Dr. Roland Riachi, Dr. Tony Nemer among others..

I even posted the point of view of those who are for the dam projects.. I have actually listened to both sides.. I wonder if you have, clearly not!

The World Bank documents posted are interesting and important to read but they are more of selling you a product rather than being about if the product is actually good or not! Either way they serve a good purpose into the topic!

There are even articles I posted that talks about corruptions like the balou3a dam that was supposed to cost 26 million USD but ending up spending 90+ million USD on it! But no instead you chose to bury your head in the sand like a good ostrich and keep attacking those questioning all this!

So if you don't have anything of value to say or share with us.. my advice then just don't!
    You are waiting but nothing I say, the ministry says, the world bank says, or really anyone who says that is not aligned with your opinion seems to convince you... tell me, which resource would you trust other than your opinion? And what exactly are you solving for? Water retention and distribution, the ecology or political retribution?

that being said, you have a right to your opinion, regardless how ill-informed it is: sadly, there is no law against that, and you can give your opinion on things you know nothing about.

On the other part of your post, you are, again, mixing things up. You talk about corruption and theft and drama... this has nothing to do with the fact we need dams to retain water and distribute it for irrigation, drinking, etc... you know, human activities... no one is debating that any corruption should be eliminated and culprits arrested and Convicted.

Finally, you are all over the place:
    The problem to solve is water availability at the cheapest cost and least ecological damage... if you try to solve for that, you will reach a balanced conclusion. otherwise, you will just nag like a spoilt brat who thinks they can live in a nice house, with fast internet, running water, electricity etc... all provided for by some magic - no industries, no dams, no impact on people, the planet etc...

So frankly, you and your political bias can take your advice and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    You are waiting but nothing I say, the ministry says, the world bank says, or really anyone who says that is not aligned with your opinion seems to convince you... tell me, which resource would you trust other than your opinion? And what exactly are you solving for? Water retention and distribution, the ecology or political retribution?

that being said, you have a right to your opinion, regardless how ill-informed it is: sadly, there is no law against that, and you can give your opinion on things you know nothing about.

On the other part of your post, you are, again, mixing things up. You talk about corruption and theft and drama... this has nothing to do with the fact we need dams to retain water and distribute it for irrigation, drinking, etc... you know, human activities... no one is debating that any corruption should be eliminated and culprits arrested and Convicted.

Finally, you are all over the place:
    The problem to solve is water availability at the cheapest cost and least ecological damage... if you try to solve for that, you will reach a balanced conclusion. otherwise, you will just nag like a spoilt brat who thinks they can live in a nice house, with fast internet, running water, electricity etc... all provided for by some magic - no industries, no dams, no impact on people, the planet etc...

So frankly, you and your political bias can take your advice and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine.

That's Funny, you are basing your point on making false claims and telling lies saying it is my "opinion" , I already told you there are experts who are talking about this! So this is not just some opinion or my personal opinion like you are trying to make it sound like!

Lets just say you are more convinced and trust the government crew and World Bank while others like me not so much convinced with it specially seeing and knowing how corrupt they are and for not taking into account other alternatives or at least by not reforming the public infrastructure in this field!

When I listen to a expert like Dr. Samir Zaatiti I'm more convinced with what he is saying because it is what makes sense to me and for many other people!

And again you are look at this all wrong what we need is the water, now there are thousands of ways to store this water so a dam could be one solution out of hundred of other solutions.. once you try to look at this problem from this direction you might understand the point!

And talking about the corruption related to these dam projects is not "mixing up things" you can not trust these corrupts to do what is in best interest for the country or the locals.. as they all care about is making money out from this!!

Again I'll post this and try listening to what the man is saying, I never told you to take my opinion as source for any of this!