Lebanon's Dam Projects Destructive or Constructive ?

Do you believe the dam projects in Lebanon are?

• But/And is succeeding already, with no proved related corruptions!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
This is what we need to reform and modernize all over the country before anything!
The issues in Jeita is good example of this!

Beirut Waters: A water supply and water resource protection story

Protecting Jeita Spring - Safeguarding Beirut's Drinking Water : A film to raise public awareness for the need of water resources protection.

• Advertisement
  • Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That's Funny, you are basing your point on making false claims and telling lies saying it is my "opinion" , I already told you there are experts who are talking about this! So this is not just some opinion or my personal opinion like you are trying to make it sound like!

Lets just say you are more convinced and trust the government crew and World Bank while others like me not so much convinced with it specially seeing and knowing how corrupt they are and for not taking into account other alternatives or at least by not reforming the public infrastructure in this field!

When I listen to a expert like Dr. Samir Zaatiti I'm more convinced with what he is saying because it is what makes sense to me and for many other people!

And again you are look at this all wrong what we need is the water, now there are thousands of ways to store this water so a dam could be one solution out of hundred of other solutions.. once you try to look at this problem from this direction you might understand the point!

And talking about the corruption related to these dam projects is not "mixing up things" you can not trust these corrupts to do what is in best interest for the country or the locals.. as they all care about is making money out from this!!

Again I'll post this and try listening to what the man is saying, I never told you to take my opinion as source for any of this!

No there are not a thousand ways to retain water... there are a few ways, most of them dams (different types 6 or 7 types) and some of them reservoirs (again a few types). Within the reservoir option, the newest thought is that we could use underground “natural” reservoirs and Refill them somehow artificially... it is a thought that may lead to great things, amount to nothing, or worst of all be an even tougher choice for the environment. It is still in the process of being developed as an idea and as a technology, and the environmental impact is yet to be seen. Cost is also a question mark at this point, as well as confirmed potential volume they can retain, speed of extraction and more importantly speed of refilling.

then, regarding the opinion of dr. Zaatiti, with respect, drilling artesian wells or just “drill a well” is not a solution, this Is what everybody did from the 50s and It lead to a massive shortage, not to mention the environmental impact. So with respect, this is a lot of theory. And just so you also learn to discern, he was talking about the carstic landscape and how it it is a funnel (he said entonnoir) - then to support his thought on “drill wells” he says the water is stored in that Carnatic landscape but underground.
    So yeah, there are a few ways to think about it, does not mean the solution proposed is the wrong one, simply because you don’t like it don’t trust the administration that proposed them

This is the last reply to this series, I’ve wasted enough time.

V

Viral

How to identify trolls and how electronic armies operate:
    Full explanation to the immoral intentions of this thread.
    Lebanon and the Lebanese should thank God for giving them a voice of truth through the FPM!

Shame!
    القوات اللبنانية وبولا يعقوبيان ينشران الأكاذيب حول سد بسري

Last edited:
    O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    ‎"لمّا يرجع الموضوع عالجيبة، ببطّل يهمّن شي"
    ‎رولان نصّور، عضو مواطنون ومواطنات في دولة ومنسّق الحملة الوطنيّة للحفاظ على مرج بسري، يشرح عن سلبيات هذا السد، بمواجهة سلطة المحاصصة التي تُصر على تنفيذه

----

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Just watched these informative interviews with Samir Zaatiti on groundwater in Lebanon!
    We need more of this types of discussion instead of the political ones!

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Bisri Dam is a great project that will hopefully see the day very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Orange Room

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    Rachel Karam

3h

معروف النكايات السياسية بتحرّك الملفات و #سد_بسري اخرها!برافو ع #جنبلاط يلي عرف لهلق كيف يسوّق لشيطنة السد ويحمّس المعترضين! طب عمرو ما يكون سدّ وعمرها ما تكون مياه لبيروت وغيرها بس في مجال بعض نواب المنطقة يرجعوا يبرمو عالبيوت بس هالمرة يقنعوهم بردّ ١٥٦ مليون$اموال الاستملكات؟

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    The truth.....
    @billnizzam2020​

·
    2h

مش كتير صعب تفهم وليد جنبلاط بتعين الدولة مسؤول امني درزي من دون رضا البيك بيقرر ينتقم بوقف سد مائي صادف حدوده مع امارة البيك حصة بالتعيين، او بيعطش مليون ونص مواطن وببلش الابتزاز كل الخطاب عن البيئة والمحميات هو من عدة الكذب الاساس هو الابتزاز الي بيحترفه جنبلاط #سد_بسري

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    بالوثائق .. نواب القوات والإشتراكي والكتائب وافقوا بالإجماع على “سد بسري”
    26/07/2020

خاص الضاد_برس

في ظل عودة الحديث عن مشروع “سد بسري” والإعتراضات التي عبر عنها بعض النواب، كشفت محاضر اللجان النيابية عن موافقة نواب القوات اللبنانية والكتائب والحزب الإشتراكي وهؤلاء النواب هم رأس الحربة في معارضة المشروع.

وتظهر وثائق رسمية موافقة النواب بالإجماع على قانون إبرام إتفاقية بين البنك الدولي والجمهورية اللبناني لإنشاء سد بسري” فلماذا لجأ هؤلاء مجدداً إلى معارضة المشروع الذي وافقوا عليه.

ويقول متابعون لهذا الملف ان المعارضة الحالية جاءت فورا بعد ان حصلت الإستملاكات وتم دفع الاموال لمناصري الاحزاب المعارضة حاليا للمشروع وبلغت اكثر من مئة مليون دولار.

وكان البنك الدولي قد بعث برسالة الى الحكومة اللبنانية في السادس والعشرين من حزيران الفائت طلب فيها أجوبة واضحة على ثلاثة أمور، أولا إنجاز الحكومة برنامج ECP المخصص للمشروع في موعد أقصاه 10 تموز 2020، وثانيا وضع اللمسات الأخيرة على ترتيبات التشغيل والصيانة في موعد أقصاه 22 تموز 2020، وثالثا عودة المقاول الى موقع العمل في موعد لا يتجاوز 22 تموز الجاري، وإلا سيتم إلغاء الجزء المعلق من القرض بموجب هذا المشروع.

رئيس الحكومة حسان دياب رد على رسالة البنك الدولي مطالباً بتمديد ثلاثة أشهر للمدة التي حددها البنك لتعليق الدفع لمشروع السد، وضمّنها الوعد بوضع خطة خلال هذه المهلة من قبل وزارة الطاقة والمياه ومجلس الإنماء والإعمار لضمان استئناف الأعمال على الموقع، ومن هنا جاء كتاب مجلس الإنماء والإعمار الى وزير الداخلية والبلديات محمد فهمي الذي طلب فيه المؤازرة الأمنية لدخول المتعهد وسط وجود المحتجين على مشروع السد على مدخله.

وبحسب المعلومات فإن البنك الدولي سيوافق على التمديد شرط الإلتزام بالمهل التي اعطيت لإستكمال العمل بالسد.