• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanon's Electricity Problem - Updates and Discussions

• Advertisement
  • lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's interesting that transmission is the priority and the first utmost report but no one talks about something they dont understand. Planning is non existent. They keep changing the forecast years until we die.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's interesting that transmission is the priority and the first utmost report but no one talks about something they dont understand. Planning is non existent. They keep changing the forecast years until we die.
    I don’t understand what you are referring to...

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don’t understand what you are referring to...
    The report you read was about transmission. But all you saw is generation. Once complete the network transmission needs upgrading. It "hasn't been touched for decades".

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The report you read was about transmission. But all you saw is generation. Once complete the network transmission needs upgrading. It "hasn't been touched for decades".
    Ok - I understood the poster was insinuating that sel3ata was not needed as they were posting things contradicting what Boustani said. The paper he shares disprove that.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    So the first document mentions that the government plan is to build 3 plants, sel3ata being one of them, on page 8... what’s the problem ?
    Ok - I understood the poster was insinuating that sel3ata was not needed as they were posting things contradicting what Boustani said. The paper he shares disprove that.

Huh? how does the paper disprove it?
    Disprove what exactly?

The whole issue here is about the location in Saalata, numbers magically changing, contradictions, hiding information about the plan etc..

I posted these papers here because they are interesting to read not because I think they are contradicting wazira al makhlou3a bustani!
    These papers actually contradict nobody..

But you know what these papers tells us? even though we do not need these papers to tell us that but this ministry failed big time just read the reforms papers what the hell were your ministers doing for the past 15 years ?

Ma khaloukon I guess!

Last edited:
    Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Huh? how does the paper disprove it?
    Disprove what exactly?

The whole issue here is about the location in Saalata, numbers magically changing, contradictions, hiding information about the plan etc..

I posted these papers here because they are interesting to read not because I think they are contradicting wazira al makhlou3a bustani!
    These papers actually contradict nobody..

But you know what these papers tells us? even though we do not need these papers to tell us that but this ministry failed big time just read the reforms papers what the hell were your ministers doing for the past 15 years ?

Ma khaloukon I guess!
    First, iza shi, ma khallouwoun. I don’t belong to any party m, I read and judge objectively.
    second, you posted several times insinuating that Boustani was lying, that sel3ata was out of the proposal of the French, and these papers were part of that series of posts.
    Third, as you said, they don’t disprove Boustani at all, sel3ata is still within the plan of every entity, foreign or local...
    fourth and finally, I am not interested in your political bias, what is important is that 1- there is a plan, which I credit hariri for even before Bassil, but then the mantle was picked up by FPM so good on them, 2- the plan itself delivers on the objectives, 3- it needs to be executed: this is the problem today, and the parties who are obstructing execution are joumblat, geagea, berri, hariri, frangieh and Kataeb.... and their followers. This has nothing to do with any political bias, it is fact.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    First, iza shi, ma khallouwoun. I don’t belong to any party m, I read and judge objectively.
    second, you posted several times insinuating that Boustani was lying, that sel3ata was out of the proposal of the French, and these papers were part of that series of posts.
    Third, as you said, they don’t disprove Boustani at all, sel3ata is still within the plan of every entity, foreign or local...
    fourth and finally, I am not interested in your political bias, what is important is that 1- there is a plan, which I credit hariri for even before Bassil, but then the mantle was picked up by FPM so good on them, 2- the plan itself delivers on the objectives, 3- it needs to be executed: this is the problem today, and the parties who are obstructing execution are joumblat, geagea, berri, hariri, frangieh and Kataeb.... and their followers. This has nothing to do with any political bias, it is fact.

All this bias from your part and you say you are being objective? :lol:

Boustani was lying about the costs and fpm insisting on specific location in Saalata and reports claiming that these specific lands are owned by people close to fpm among other things is bit fishy.. don't you think ?

I was not hinting that Salaata wasn't proposed but I was actually posting the fake EDF report mentioned in the article and asking who faked it..
    Then I posted unrelated documents about the Lebanese energy sector in general that I found on the World Bank website because I thought they were just interesting to read..

The EDF report is still not made public for some reasons.. maybe you can ask ghajjar about it..

And lets be real here with all the accusations back and forth don't expect the public to be all such loyal supporters to the orange party like yourself.. this will raise eyebrows.. if anything there should be an investigation after all that is being said!

From the look of it we are just repeating the same corruption.. with deir 3mar or zahrani or.. or.. or..

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    You mistakenly excluded HA from the obstructionist group...

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So this report isn't fake after all according to Ghajjar but a actual draft from EDF msarab?

dawakhounaa o_O
    So what’s the story now? the articles you posted have sel3ata... I don’t get what you mean by your post

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

Boustani was lying about the costs and fpm insisting on specific location in Saalata and reports claiming that these specific lands are owned by people close to fpm among other things is bit fishy.. don't you think ?

I was not hinting that Salaata wasn't proposed but I was actually posting the fake EDF report mentioned in the article and asking who faked it..
    Then I posted unrelated documents about the Lebanese energy sector in general that I found on the World Bank website because I thought they were just interesting to read..

The EDF report is still not made public for some reasons.. maybe you can ask ghajjar about it..

And lets be real here with all the accusations back and forth don't expect the public to be all such loyal supporters to the orange party like yourself.. this will raise eyebrows.. if anything there should be an investigation after all that is being said!

From the look of it we are just repeating the same corruption.. with deir 3mar or zahrani or.. or.. or..
    stop running in circles.. manak fehmen el ossa stop posting half assed videos and documents and claiming ennak masaktoun yaba abu rabba.

this behavior is the typical lebanese attitude of wuagmiring and stagnating in irder to appear like we’ve got a handle on things whislt in truth mech fehmenin chi men chi.

spare us the mental gymnastics will you ?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    So what’s the story now? the articles you posted have sel3ata... I don’t get what you mean by your post

On New TV Ghajjar said that this is a draft from EDF but it is not a complete report.. so it is not fake document..

As for Sel3ata from what I understand from this EDF document sel3ata is not part of the 2030 plan in producing electricity but you have to consider that they have the least cost plan in mind for this.. go to page 12 of the document I posted and see for yourself..

Of course I could be very wrong not claiming to be expert in this shit..

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

You Can bring a horse to water but you really can’t Make it drink. Yalla enjoy the shit you put yourself in, go investigate until kingdome come and stock up on candles why don’t you...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    stop running in circles.. manak fehmen el ossa stop posting half assed videos and documents and claiming ennak masaktoun yaba abu rabba.

this behavior is the typical lebanese attitude of wuagmiring and stagnating in irder to appear like we’ve got a handle on things whislt in truth mech fehmenin chi men chi.

spare us the mental gymnastics will you ?

lehh maz3oujj enteh tayeb.. iza enta fehman el osa ta3a fahmena yeha aw khalik 3a janab..

I never claimed to know what is happening but hell ya i will try understand it!

I posted some interesting stuff from different sources try reading it!

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    On New TV Ghajjar said that this is a draft from EDF but it is not a complete report.. so it is not fake document..

As for Sel3ata from what I understand from this EDF document sel3ata is not part of the 2030 plan in producing electricity but you have to consider that they have the least cost plan in mind for this.. go to page 12 of the document I posted and see for yourself..

Of course I could be very wrong not claiming to be expert in this shit..
    GHajjar as in the minister? He is saying that eh tu don’t need sel3ata as a manufacturing facility? Tayyib where does he get the balance power needed? Ma fhemna: are they making the other sites bigger?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    GHajjar as in the minister? He is saying that eh tu don’t need sel3ata as a manufacturing facility? Tayyib where does he get the balance power needed? Ma fhemna: are they making the other sites bigger?
    No he didn't say that.. he said the document isn't fake.. but only a draft

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @O Brother why the face palm? The power needs are only going ro increase... you heard the minister say they don’t need sel3ata to produce, where is the balance coming from then?