Lebanon's Electricity Problem - Updates and Discussions

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
so, are we officially in the collapse right now or is it going to get worse?
is there a chance the ogero 4G will be knocked offline? what do we do if our job requires internet access?

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
is there a chance the ogero 4G will be knocked offline? what do we do if our job requires internet access?

Bandaarr! Hello long time no see!!

They seem to find a bandage right on time for these issues, so i'm sure one will be available for the internet, l balad mashi :p

Rockies

I think the robbers need 4G more than u do. So they will keep it running

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
تبلّغ رئيس حكومة تصريف الأعمال حسان دياب رسمياً قرار مجلس الوزراء العراقي بمضاعفة كمية النفط التي كانت الحكومة العراقية أقرتها للبنان من 500 ألف طن إلى مليون طن سنوياً.

وكان الرئيس دياب قد تواصل هاتفياً مساء أمس مع رئيس الحكومة العراقية مصطفى الكاظمي شاكراً له جهوده وللحكومة العراقية والشعب العراقي الشقيق وقوفهم إلى جانب لبنان في هذه المرحلة العصيبة التي يمر بها.

ونوّه الكاظمي بالدور الذي لعبه الرئيس دياب في ظل ظروف صعبة جداً، مؤكداً أن الشعب اللبناني يستحق الوقوف معه في محنته الحالية.

mikeys71

Legendary Member
Satellite 🛰 internet.? Any providers in Lebanon?

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
Satellite 🛰 internet.? Any providers in Lebanon?
i signed up for Starlink but they supposedly won't have coverage in Lebanon until 2022
my thinking is with Starlink + solar panels for electricity i don't have to rely on the state at all

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
It is prohibited in Lebanon to access internet through satellite. You need a permit from the ministry of defense.
i suspect they will no longer be able to enforce their tyranny in a scenario (it seems like we're a few weeks away from this?) where most of beirut doesn't have electricity for many hours of the day.

opium

i suspect they will no longer be able to enforce their tyranny in a scenario (it seems like we're a few weeks away from this?) where most of beirut doesn't have electricity for many hours of the day.

First you need to smuggle the device into Lebanon.
Second if you live in an area where there is high security, like Beirut , Baabda, Hazmieh. Your upload signals to satellites will be intercepted very quickly. You will be busted in a couple of hours.

ISPs here buy some of their download capacities from Satellites, but they are obliged to reroute the upload through Ogero. That is why you have a very weak latency.