• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanon's Electricity Problem - Updates and Discussions

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Beside this video metil el drat 3al blatt.. it answer non of the accusations.. like who are the owners of the lands etc...
They claim that this all studies are done by shariket 3alamiyeh w khoubara2 3alamiyin yet they quote nothing from the studies done by any of them! :lol:

either way a deal was done in the end which tells us that the corruption is continuing like it always did!

ye3ni from zahrani to deir ammar to salatah :asshat:
none are more blind than those who refuse to see.

this is a video to spread the word the masses, badak yaamloulak exposé?

• Advertisement
  • V

Viral

I apologize in advance for posting this painful video. I struggle to finish watching it myself while listing to Al Jadeed Clown and his side kick in his studio playing smart asses with one of the most honorable ministers Lebanon has ever had. No wonder how 30 years went by since the end of the civil war and no one living in Lebanon noticed something wrong with their electrical system.
    Give them another 30 years may be they'll notice and learn what questions to ask...:cigar:

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    As for sultah I like to remind you that the party you support is in sultah so stop this nonsense!!!
    I was mocking the idea that Lebanon has a "sulta" or anything resembling it and isn't just a collection of disjointed neo-ottoman feudal fiefdoms. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Oh man. My sides. hahahaha.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    I apologize in advance for posting this painful video. I struggle to finish watching it myself while listing to Al Jadeed Clown and his side kick in his studio playing smart asses with one of the most honorable ministers Lebanon has ever had. No wonder how 30 years went by since the end of the civil war and no one living in Lebanon noticed something wrong with their electrical system.
    Give them another 30 years may be they'll notice and learn what questions to ask...:cigar:

Here is the full episode in case you like to listen to the other side of the story!

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    So I take it you don’t want 24/7 electricity?

edit: the video is pure propaganda... there is no basis for the numbers they quoted... just FYI
    So is the video posted by tayyar.. we can say it is also pure propaganda and pointless accusations back and forth..
    But you should watch the NewTV episode.. they bring up some serious points backed up by documents etc..

And this is not about 24/7 electricity.. this is about something else!

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So is the video posted by tayyar.. we can say it is also pure propaganda and pointless accusations back and forth..
    But you should watch the NewTV episode.. they bring up some serious points backed up by documents etc..

And this is not about 24/7 electricity.. this is about something else!
    It’s not really about something else. We have been discussing the electricity problem for years. We all know by now that we need to get to 24/7 to get rid of private generators, increase EDL bill and simultaneously reducing consumer bills, thus saving the 1-2 billion $ incremental debt we create for ourselves each year. You fight the boat proposition and claim there is theft, Of course unfounded, you fight the land plants as well... because of you and your likes we neither have more boats, nor land plants, nor 24/7, and have to live with the debt.
    Now I haven’t seen the other video you mention, but I can challenge this one: can you please explain to me how building sel3ata will cost the lebanese people 10 to 15 billion $ in 10 years? I call bullsh!t

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
    No need a genius to explain the electricity problem in Lebanon; her is the summary:

1) Back in the early nighties the Hariri/Berri/Jubmlat troica issued a law to support electricity bill and to fix the KW rating......since then the fuel prices multiplied maybe 10 times and still the state is selling the KW at the fixed rate........which according to some calculations is causing 2 billions USD of loss every year.

2) Most of the Muslims areas don't pay the electricity bills- there are official tables with % of each district on the % of bills collection: for example in Akkar and South the collection is around 15 to 20% only over the years while in North Mount Leb is 90%.... this is leading to more losses.

3) The only solution was the general electricity plan prepared and submitted by FPM and approved in the Gov.

4) The plan execution never saw the light since the MOF didn't sign the payments/open LCs.... etc as instructed by Berri in order to protect the Mafia of fuels and generators and to force Berri's Contractors to execute the plan..........and the bleeding continue

5) FPM deadly mistake is that they kept silent about all of the above for long time

Now the evil troica of Hariri/Berri/Jumblat along with their Media machine are marketing a big lie that half of the national debt is due to the electricity which is FPM responsibility.... and by default Christians responsibility; so the troica is saying that Christians are responsible for 50% of the national debt.........3asfurein b 7ajar.

On a side note: Sel3ata plant is required technically and is needed on federal sectarian level as well.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Well if you people can not smell the safaqat then you are either playing stupid or don't want to see it!

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I find it very delusional that people still expect this country to have any electricity after few months. Economically the country is broke and beyond repair. It might take two to three decades for it to reclaim the illusion of wealth it had prior to Oct 17.

The best thing that could happen to it ATM is to wrap it up, declare it a failed state par excellence and hand it over to the UN to administer it. Its people have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt they are not fit to have their own state and its ruling class doesnt give a flying F*** about it. The muslim leaders have their foreign benefactors interests first and foremost and their material interests second . The christian leaders have their own monetary interests first and foremost and that is simply because they cant find any Christian-values-based country to tolerate their corruption. Otherwise they'd enslave themselves to their benefactors like their Muslim counterparts do.

As for the peoples of this country, the overwhelming majority of them do not deserve to have any decent rights. If an election were to be held today they might just change a couple of names in the Sunni North, The rest will vote for the same exact corrupt politicians we have today.

World powers should intervene today if they can manage to care at all for the well being of the damned and doomed Middle Eastern peoples and try to offer Lebanon as a replacement country for the palestinians for it faied miserably to earn the right to be an independent state. Why should Middle Eastern people continue suffering (if suffering isn't their choice or chosen destiny) when a solution can be found by using the wreckage of this failed state for some good.

It's not a pure coincidence this came undone under Aoun's watch. I could not have been otherwise.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    @NadaBoustani​

·
    1h

بعد تأجيل المؤتمر الصحافي الذي كان مقرراً الجمعة الفائت لتوضيح المغالطات المتعلّقة بمعمل سلعاتا ترقبوا الردّ على هذه المغالطات بالوقائع والأرقام غداً الثلاثاء الساعة ١١:٣٠ صباحاً مباشرةً عبر وسائل الإعلام

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

• ندى بستاني حول المغالطات المتعلقة بمعمل سلعاتا:
      - لا يمكن لشبكة النقل أن تحتمل هذه الكمية الكبيرة من الطاقة المنتجة في مكان واحد ومن هنا الحاجة إلى عدة معامل موزعة على كلّ الساحل اللبناني
      - لسنا بحاجة فقط في سلعاتا لشبكة نقل، بل ايضاً في الزهراني نحتاج لشبكة لتنقل الكهرباء لمنطقة الجنوب وللدقّة أكثر في بالزهراني مطلوب خطوط ومحطات أكثر من سلعاتا
      - لا يوجد أرض إضافية مستملكة تابعة لكهرباء لبنان أو لوزارة الطاقة في معمل الذوق، المساحة بأكملها مبنية ولا مكان كاف لبناء معمل جديد. واذا كان الطرح هو استملاك أرض جديدة في الذوق، فالسؤال هو هل تعتبر الاستملاكات بالذوق أقل كلفة من الاستملاكات في سلعاتا؟
      - كل هذه الدراسات والخطط تم وضعها من قبل استشاريين عالميين مستقلين وأكدت على ضرورة انشاء معمل في منطقة سلعاتا وأخذت موافقة مجلس الوزراء.فاذاً اما علينا ان نعتمد على رأي الخبراء المتخصصين في هذا المجال أو ندع السياسة والطائفية والشعبوية واذا لم تعجبنا نتائج المناقصات تتحكم بالقرار

• 11:45

ندى بستاني حول المغالطات المتعلقة بمعمل سلعاتا:
      - الايجابية الوحيدة اليوم هي التحوّل الجذري بموقف القوات اللبنانية من محرّض سرّاً ضد معمل سلعاتا الى موافق على مبدأ إقامة المعمل هناك مع تحفّظ على الموقع بحدّ ذاته
      - بحسب الخطة المحدثة سنة 2019 التي أذكّر انها وضعت بالتنسيق مع البنك الدولي ووافق عليها مجلس الوزراء مجتمعاً، نحن اليوم في العام 2020 بحاجة الى جانب معمل دير عمار2 الذي تم تلزيمه وقدرته 550 ميغاوات الى انشاء معملين بالتوازي في الزهراني وسلعاتا
      - أكرر أن معمل سلعاتا ليس اختراعنا… بدأت مؤسسة كهرباء لبنان باستملاك أراضي معمل سلعاتا عام 1978 وأكدت على ضرورة انشاء معامل في الزهراني وسلعاتا ودير عمار كل الدراسات التي قام بها الاستشاريون الدوليون مثل شركة كهرباء فرنسا و Mott Macdonald لتحديد مناطق انشاء معامل

• 11:40

ندى بستاني حول المغالطات المتعلقة بمعمل سلعاتا:
      - أردت أن اعقد هذا المؤتمر الصحفي لتوضيح المغالطات التي انتشرت في الفترة الاخيرة عبر وسائل الاعلام والتواصل الاجتماعي بشأن معمل سلعاتا والتي طالتني انا شخصياً
      - ان مقاربة ملف سلعاتا سياسياً وليس علمياً من قبل البعض وتغليب المصلحة السياسية والانتخابية الضيقة ومصالح الشركات والمصانع في محيط سلعاتا على المصلحة الوطنية دفعني الى عقد المؤتمر الصحافي اليوم لتوضيح كل المغالطات