Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michel Aoun (extention)

• Riad Salame

• Total voters

flag-waver

Legendary Member
You can block (sometimes) but you cannot pass anything. A president will be wanting to enact his plan for the country. Baddo ymashe el 2osas, mesh ywa22ef. Blocking doesn't help him at all, not in the slightest.

We are a country of 18 sects with each wanting
to implement his plan. This is not a Presidential regime. This is why it is time for some tough decisions. Partition, Decentralisation, Federalism. Call it what ever!

VipModz

U MAD?
Orange Room Supporter
The alliance you described has never truly existed and will never exist
The alliance exist, it started one year ago (lama tkalaf Hariri yshakel 7koume with 65 votes, the ketal I mentioned voted for Hariri they would do the same for Frangieh) and with the upcoming FM-Marada alliance it just proves that this is where things are headed next year.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
We are a country of 18 sects with each wanting
to implement his plan. This is not a Presidential regime. This is why it is time for some tough decisions. Partition, Decentralisation, Federalism. Call it what ever!
Nobody has a plan except a tiny handful of parties. The vast majority only cares about obstructing everything so that the status quo that allows them to steal so much money/enact foreign agendas doesn't change.

Even what you mentioned in that last sentence - they will obstruct it because it doesn't suit them.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You can block (sometimes) but you cannot pass anything. A president will be wanting to enact his plan for the country. Badde ymashe el 2osas, mesh ywa22ef. Blocking doesn't help him at all, not in the slightest.

The president mch matloub meno ktir
other than rallying the people from all sects behind him towards a vision
to be able to unite the Lebanese towards a goal
to be a role model and give hope to the Lebanese
He should be a leader.

Take hassan nassrallah for example (Putting all my disagreements with him aside).
do you think he leads HA's military operations ? or any of HA activities ?
The guy is a political illiterate and i believe he fails equally in military matters.
His role is to rally his people behind al muqawama and he succeeds at it hence why HA is built solid and strong.

Aoun failed in his role and destroyed the country the moment he chose camp publicly.
He used his powers bel nkeyet wel tasallot for his own and party's benefit, not the country
He failed to act when notified of a nuclear bomb at the port yet never fails to arrest whoever removes one of his portraits and speak about him the 'wrong' way
Aoun's attitude is a big problem to the country, on might argue that he's the main reason for all the tensions going on and possibly some of the bloodshed.

Lebanon needs rijel dawleh
and people who are capable of uniting the Lebanese not separate them
and this is precisely why Bassil cannot and should not be the next president. la sama7 allah.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Good point. Yikes, close one too.

These elections will be make-or-break for almost everyone involved, and on so many levels.

Personally, I don't see FM maintaining their number (they've been on a steady decline since 2006). Also, aren't Marada only 3 MPs, or is my memory failing me?
Means 1 independant (real neutral if a real one zamat) can swing and the rest is 64 or 63 :lol: (i hope its jeff bridges)

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
He should be a leader.

Take hassan nassrallah for example (Putting all my disagreements with him aside).
The guy is a political illiterate and i believe he fails equally in military matters.
His role is to rally his people behind al muqawama and he succeeds at it hence why HA is built solid and strong.

Aoun failed in his role and destroyed the country the moment he chose camp publicly.
He used his powers bel nkeyet wel tasallot for his own and party's benefit, not the country
He failed to act when notified of a nuclear bomb at the port yet never fails to arrest whoever removes one of his portraits and speak about him the 'wrong' way
Aoun's attitude is a big problem to the country, on might argue that he's the main reason for all the tensions going on and possibly some of the bloodshed.

Lebanon needs rijel dawleh
and people who are capable of uniting the Lebanese not separate them
and this is precisely why Bassil cannot and should not be the next president. la sama7 allah.
I disagree with so much of your post that I don't know where to start... So I won't. 😁

flag-waver

Legendary Member
Nobody has a plan except a tiny handful of parties. The vast majority only cares about obstructing everything so that the status quo that allows them to steal so much money/enact foreign agendas doesn't change.

Even what you mentioned in that last sentence - they will obstruct it because it doesn't suit them.

They can obstruct but when people go to Civil disobedience let them try. No taxes will be paid to the state. The state will collapse altogether.

@Aegon @flag-waver Guys, we weren't kidding when we said the president can't do shit in this system. Even if someone with the competence to fix the economy gets the position, irrespective of their political affiliation or lack thereof, they will quickly discover that they are fighting bare-handed in a gunfight.
if the president can't do shit in the system why has Aoun fought and killed to get to the chair? You mean to say "THIS president can't do shit in the system"

Last edited:

zero

The alliance exist, it started one year ago (lama tkalaf Hariri yshakel 7koume with 65 votes, the ketal I mentioned voted for Hariri they would do the same for Frangieh) and with the upcoming FM-Marada alliance it just proves that this is where things are headed next year.
Berri does not vote without HA approval.

zero

Berri wanted Frangieh since 2015 msh nater HA approval.
HA approves of Frangieh. I am just saying, what i said before.. ultimately HA will decide who becomes president next, especially if the Christians remain weak and divided.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
He should be a leader.

if the president can't do shit in the system why has Aoun found and killed to get to the chair? You mean to say "THIS president can't do shit in the system"

The President can do alot. He has the keys to the executive power. Without him there is no
government. He can dictate who to place in the gov. Iza byechteghel heike bas bala nkeyet.

second, khaye work in the ministries enta 3andak ya3ne ka FPM. if this is done then at least people see there is a change and other would probably work in their ministries also.

third, place an emergency decree which needs to be signed ONLY by the President and PM for the Parliament to open and discuss admin and financial decentralisation as per Taef.

Aegon

Carlos Ghosn 😂
La2…
Im with @Patriot I would like to see Ziad Hawat but for now we need two things.

1) Decentralisation
2) Economy

The Presidency shouldn’t be like this. You go to
Parliament vote for one and he becomes President easy. This veto shit should stop.

If the LF get 30 MPs we also have nearly 1/4 of the Parliament and we will also have a veto. We nearly half of the christian MPs.

Haha i have a corporate background so i have a corporate mentality. I interview the best of the best for positions so this is why i choose a successful CEO for the job.

But yes i do like Ziad also.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
HA approves of Frangieh. I am just saying, what i said before.. ultimately HA will decide who becomes president next, especially if the Christians remain weak and divided.

So what if HA approves Franjiyeh. Akide FPM don’t want him and I assume LF don’t want him. So looks like another 2 years vacant.

Aegon

@Aegon @flag-waver Guys, we weren't kidding when we said the president can't do shit in this system. Even if someone with the competence to fix the economy gets the position, irrespective of their political affiliation or lack thereof, they will quickly discover that they are fighting bare-handed in a gunfight.

So if the strongest christian with the strongest christian block cannot do anything then what is the solution?

zero

So what if HA approves Franjiyeh. Akide FPM don’t want him and I assume LF don’t want him. So looks like another 2 years vacant.
HA approves vacancy as well :lol:. They will put a PM of their choosing, and obviously Berri stays speaker of parliament.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
HA approves vacancy as well :lol:. They will put a PM of their choosing, and obviously Berri stays speaker of parliament.

This is why balls need to be attached to the political parties. HA isn’t the one who chooses the PM or the Presidency. The Parliament does. Let the GB hero grow some balls and don’t vote in Berri or a PM that HA decides on.

Aegon

Right, HA has no problem allowing the economy to hit rock bottom during political turmoil and vacancies. Sh3abon fa2ir and they can subsidize a lot for their own people through Irans backing with groceries and gas.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
They can obstruct but when people go to Civil disobedience let them try. No taxes will be paid to the state. The state will collapse altogether.
The state will collapse and everybody will point at the president and shout, "ahd el inhiyar!"

In fact, this will happen even if the president was the one being obstructed, and the ones doing the shouting will be the schemers who obstructed you.