Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michel Aoun (extention)

• Riad Salame

• Total voters

NAFAR

Legendary Member
I would say Joseph Aoun if a settlement is achieved between Iran and USA.
However, most likely we are heading to a new decentralized system where the President position will be of no significance at all, as all the legislative, administrative and financial power will be in the local gov. and chambers.

Lady Geagea

I would say Joseph Aoun if a settlement is achieved between Iran and USA.
However, most likely we are heading to a new decentralized system where the President position will be of no significance at all, as all the legislative, administrative and financial power will be in the local gov. and chambers.
Joseph Aoun is pro-US. I don't think 8/Iran would go for him.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
LOL @ Carlos Ghosn.

It seems that Lebanese people have become used to promoting crooks and shady characters to the highest ranks.
Honesty and integrity are low on their list of priorities.

I mean one could argue that Japan's handling of Ghosn's case was heavy handed, but he's by no means innocent.

I don't fancy Joseph Aoun as a president. Enough generals please. They know shit about politics. (Sleiman and Aoun are proof of that).
Plus he looks like a Dyke.

Give me Gibran Bassil. He's a better politician than Aoun.

Lady Geagea

LOL @ Carlos Ghosn.

It seems that Lebanese people have become used to promoting crooks and shady characters to the highest ranks.
Honesty and integrity are low on their list of priorities.

I mean one could argue that Japan's handling of Ghosn's case was heavy handed, but he's by no means innocent.

I don't fancy Joseph Aoun as a president. Enough generals please. They know shit about politics. (Sleiman and Aoun are proof of that).
Plus he looks like a Dyke.

Give me Gibran Bassil. He's a better politician than Aoun.
It seems? If there's only one thing we learned from the past 100 years, it's that.

Bassil is not a 'better politician' than Aoun. He's an idiot with 0 charisma. And not even the kind of idiots one can would sympathise with.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It seems? If there's only one thing we learned from the past 100 years, it's that.

Bassil is not a 'better politician' than Aoun. He's an idiot with 0 charisma. And not even the kind of idiots one can would sympathise with.

And idiot who won a clean sweep in the last elections, withstood the worst smear campaign in the history of Lebanon and is still going strong?
If that's what idiocy sounds like, I wanna be an idiot.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What makes you so sure that it will be someone close to FPM? If the elections happen in 2022, they would be before Aoun's term end.

well there are 2 ways out of this for them

1- postpone the elections so the current parliament elects Bassil
2- if (1) was not possible due to local/international outrage, then Aoun might resign before the parliamentary elections giving time for the current parliament to elect Bassil

The problem is that there's a 2 thirds quorum so an early resignation of Aoun might give Bassil and HA the necessary time to blackmail the Lebanese the same way they did with the current plant in Baabda.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Candidates:

- Suleiman Frangieh: Most likely. Shias and Sunnis support him. Problem is not enough Christian support.
- Gebran Bassil: Very hard. Vetoed by Berri, Geagea and Hariri.
- Samir Geagea: Even harder. Vetoed by Hezballah, Bassil, and maybe Jumblatt.
- Joseph Aoun: Possible choice if other candidates failed.
- Demianos Qatar: Civil alternative of Joseph Aoun.
- Michel Aoun (extention): Unlikely.
- Riad Salame: He was going to be president after Aoun but he can't anymore after the crisis.
-Sleiman Franjieh: Personally, I don't see it. Putting aside the fact that he completely lacks any competence for the job, the man's political clout is virtually non-existent beyond the borders of his feudal territory. In addition to this, support for him among the electorate must be waning after years of being little more than a Berri stooge and his infamous "the gas is a lieeeee" rant.

-Gebran Bassil: While I'd love to see him in that position, I'd rather he doesn't take it even if the opportunity did come. As long as the current system remains, the presidency is woefully underpowered yet very easy to scapegoat. They'll just burn him like they burned Aoun. The only way I see him having a successful presidency is if the FPM massively overachieves next elections and establishes a more powerful parliamentary presence for itself. A long shot, of course... But he'd probably need that kind of result if he's to get close to the presidency anyway.

-Samir Geagea: In his dreams, maybe. Geagea's Forces tried to paint themselves as heroes of the people and that has clearly backfired. He neither has the political support nor the popular support to force himself as a serious candidate.

-Joseph Aoun: Maybe, give the right circumstances. I don't think the military is the way out of this mess, personally, but he would be an easy pill to make the Lebanese people swallow. He'd almost certainly be very, very boring.

-Demianos Qatar: I was a fan of his until he became Minister of Baffling Disappearing Acts. I'm sure he's not on anyone's list... Hell, I'm not sure he still belongs to this plane of existence.

-Michel Aoun extension: I feel this was only mentioned publicly in the first place as a troll and counter-troll. As a fan of his, I'd rather see someone else take the reins - and I'm sure that's the plan.

-Riad Salemeh: He'll be lucky if he survives the year. Hopefully his demise will come at the hands of some court, and not due to a car bomb.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
-Sleiman Franjieh: Personally, I don't see it. Putting aside the fact that he completely lacks any competence for the job, the man's political clout is virtually non-existent beyond the borders of his feudal territory. In addition to this, support for him among the electorate must be waning after years of being little more than a Berri stooge and his infamous "the gas is a lieeeee" rant.

-Gebran Bassil: While I'd love to see him in that position, I'd rather he doesn't take it even if the opportunity did come. As long as the current system remains, the presidency is woefully underpowered yet very easy to scapegoat. They'll just burn him like they burned Aoun. The only way I see him having a successful presidency is if the FPM massively overachieves next elections and establishes a more powerful parliamentary presence for itself. A long shot, of course... But he'd probably need that kind of result if he's to get close to the presidency anyway.

-Samir Geagea: In his dreams, maybe. Geagea's Forces tried to paint themselves as heroes of the people and that has clearly backfired. He neither has the political support nor the popular support to force himself as a serious candidate.

-Joseph Aoun: Maybe, give the right circumstances. I don't think the military is the way out of this mess, personally, but he would be an easy pill to make the Lebanese people swallow. He'd almost certainly be very, very boring.

-Demianos Qatar: I was a fan of his until he became Minister of Baffling Disappearing Acts. I'm sure he's not on anyone's list... Hell, I'm not sure he still belongs to this plane of existence.

-Michel Aoun extension: I feel this was only mentioned publicly in the first place as a troll and counter-troll. As a fan of his, I'd rather see someone else take the reins - and I'm sure that's the plan.

-Riad Salemeh: He'll be lucky if he survives the year. Hopefully his demise will come at the hands of some court, and not due to a car bomb.
Sleiman Franjieh.: A knock on Aoun is that all his life he wanted to be president. That same knock would apply on Sleiman Franjieh... And i think we REALLY need a Brevet requirement to be president

Gebran Bassil: Will be Aoun 2.0. It is not a good time and politically the parliament would never vote for him. I think he is a bad candidate as the country needs something different now.

Samir Geagea: i think we already have the requirement of "Sejel Ndif". Remember that is why he is not a deputee and it is Sethrida so i do not understand why he is even in the conversation. The lebanese law is clear...but hey laws are created by the lebanese parliament to be broken by the lebanese parliament...So BREVET and SEJEL NDIF is a must.

Joseph Aoun: Ye, like this president, the one before and the one before. 4th in a row and it is the likely fall back

Demianos Qattar: who?..if GMA with "akbar ketle" and all that was not able to move anything (at least in the right direction) why get someone who might be competent with 0 political clout/connections or representativeness but not let them work? ... If we go that route it will be Joseph Aoun

Michel Aoun extension: Oldest president in the world (Looking at you Paul Biya and Elizabeth 2)

Riad Saleme: No way he is inline to head the US federal resever they were so impressed by his awards w hek... he has a bright future ma tkasserlo m2adifo bi a position like president.

Mrsrx: you need to face the inevitable guys about the next president. (you can get a head start by asking for my bitcoin wallet in PM ...i accept early bird bribes :) )

Ralph N

China and iran are winning the momentum next president probably is from this axis...
Its either Bassil or someone Bassil will agree on.

NewLeb

France couldn’t care less, and Biden doesn't know where he is. They had their best opportunity with Trump, so I doubt there will even be a next president.

Anyway, I vote Geagea, just because I like seeing the Aounies and Hezbos trolled.