• Demianos Qatar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michel Aoun (extention)

• Riad Salame

• Total voters

NewLeb

Whoever it is, it can’t be a poor person. Lebanon’s economic woes is largely due to it being governed by leaders and officials who don’t have vast wealth. If they individually don’t have lots of money, than they obviously don’t know how to get it for the rest of the country.

That’s why out of the whole group, I’m going for Riad Salame. I don’t care what the communists think, the country wants to go back to its capitalist roots.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Whoever it is, it can’t be a poor person. Lebanon’s economic woes is largely due to it being governed by leaders and officials who don’t have vast wealth. If they individually don’t have lots of money, than they obviously don’t know how to get it for the rest of the country.

That’s why out of the whole group, I’m going for Riad Salame. I don’t care what the communists think, the country wants to go back to its capitalist roots.
Don’t have vast wealth? Hariri sr., sanioura, hariri jr. Mikati, etc... don’t have vast wealth?

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Franjiyeh is not burnt. This is just a narrative aouniye are trying to portray as they know he has higher chances to become elected over bassil.

Sleiman is pro-HA, pro-resistence, pro-bashar, friends with berri, friends with Hariri, friends with jumblat and friends with gemayel. He will try to suck up to LF as it gets closer and especially during elections. LF fell for FPM's lies to elect Aoun and got backstabbed, unfortunately they might fall for it again with franjiyeh. They are the wild card for his election. But he has a higher chance over bassil.

Hopefully, revolution candidates come in strong and united in the next election and break the legs for all these parties. University elections was a good first step. Municipal elections are the next step.
It's really an incredible achievement of political harirism that has convinced so much of the population that it has zero agency in preventing someone as awful as frangieh (by your own terms, up there ^ by the way) becoming president. Remarkable, honestly.

The_FPMer

It's really an incredible achievement of political harirism that has convinced so much of the population that it has zero agency in preventing someone as awful as frangieh (by your own terms, up there ^ by the way) becoming president. Remarkable, honestly.
Shou 5ass political harirism?

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Shou 5ass political harirism?
Political Harirism--or Lebanon's manifestation of neoliberalism--is a system in which the feudal lords' decisions are a fait accompli, not because of citizens' consent to their rule and decision making, but rather because of citizens' dependence on them that keeps them in that position as the accountable state is hollowed out. I'd say it has pretty much everything to do with the mentality that citizens have no agency in the (now barely existing) state.

The_FPMer

Political Harirism--or Lebanon's manifestation of neoliberalism--is a system in which the feudal lords' decisions are a fait accompli, not because of citizens' consent to their rule and decision making, but rather because of citizens' dependence on them that keeps them in that position as the accountable state is hollowed out. I'd say it has pretty much everything to do with the mentality that citizens have no agency in the (now barely existing) state.
Ma 5ass, that's just standard politics. The dream of every single politician since thousands of years is to lull his population to sleep to give him full leeway to do whatever he pleases.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Ma 5ass, that's just standard politics. The dream of every single politician since thousands of years is to lull his population to sleep to give him full leeway to do whatever he pleases.
So the system in Lebanon has nothing to do with that actually working on people?

NewLeb

Don’t have vast wealth? Hariri sr., sanioura, hariri jr. Mikati, etc... don’t have vast wealth?

I’m referring to pure finance. I’m not interested in those who made their wealth from oil companies or real estate. I want a numbers guy...!

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I’m referring to pure finance. I’m not interested in those who made their wealth from oil companies or real estate. I want a numbers guy...!
Alain Biffani is way cleaner than salemeh in that case...

I am super happy that Hariri will resign in May.
And if Hariri resigns, it means his end in the political scene forever.
Let’s hope that Nawaf Salam will replace him.