Lebanon's Telecom Ministry Bans Gay Dating App

• Advertisement
  • C

CK10452

I don't think you fully understand what it means to have a secular system. An app like this can also be banned by a secular government. Having a secular system does not mean that the religious and moral values of the population are not allowed to influence decision making. If you consider that, you can begin to understand why Christians are not enthusiastic about calls by Muslims for secular government.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I don't think you fully understand what it means to have a secular system. An app like this can also be banned by a secular government. Having a secular system does not mean that the religious and moral values of the population are not allowed to influence decision making. If you consider that, you can begin to understand why Christians are not enthusiastic about calls by Muslims for secular government.
    He doesnt understand that if there is religious freedom masalan a religious school can turn away a gay child. He gets mixed up with what is secular supposed to be ka2ano secularism is the solution. Ba3ad chway ra7 fakar eno houwe Karl Marx.

Rachel Corrie

Rachel Corrie

Legendary Member
    It will all depend on the laws in place and the constitution. So you point is suppositional.

C

CK10452

Consider that it was only a few decades ago that homosexual relationships were illegal in many secular Western countries. As Christianity faded and the sexual revolution took its hold, the moral values of the West changed and they voted to legalise gay relations.

C

CK10452

It will all depend on the laws in place and the constitution. So you point is suppositional.
    And why would you think if these laws and the constitution were written in today's Lebanon they would normalise homosexual relationships? I don't see Lebanese politicians and the general community rushing to normalise it. A secular system does not guarantee it will ever be lawful. And personally, I don't want to see Lebanon following all the trends in the West...

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Consider that it was only a few decades ago that homosexual relationships were illegal in many secular Western countries. As Christianity faded and the sexual revolution took its hold, the moral values of the West changed and they voted to legalise gay relations.
    Gay marriage was only approved in Australia last year with a 55% majority. 45% were against it.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Muslims are sexually repressed people, no wonder they go after more sexually liberated people. See the other countries that share the ban: Turkey, Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia.

C

CK10452

Gay marriage was only approved in Australia last year with a 55% majority. 45% were against it.
    Those were the stats for Sydney, ironically by far the most conservative city in Australia because of all the immigrants. The rest of the country voted 62% in favour.

I was a proud No voter like the vast majority of Lebanese here. In fact the Lebanese Christian community did more than any other Australian community to fight for the true meaning of marriage.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Awesome! That is the secret solution to resolve homosexuality. Now the Lebanese government has to inform the US and Europe on this secret knowledge. As usual, we're way ahead of the world.

Rachel Corrie

Rachel Corrie

Legendary Member
    And why would you think if these laws and the constitution were written in today's Lebanon they would normalise homosexual relationships? I don't see Lebanese politicians and the general community rushing to normalise it. A secular system does not guarantee it will ever be lawful. And personally, I don't want to see Lebanon following all the trends in the West...
    I think you guys are mixing up issues:

- the sexual orientation as gay
    - gay sex
    - gay marriage

I am not in favor of gay marriage. I believe marriage is a union between a man and a woman. That means we do not have to legally permit gay marriage based on my own personal take on the matter.

However, what consenting adults do in their bedroom or using their MBs shouldn't be the business of others or the government. Government has no business turning governance into a system of morality police.

That means in a secular system, citizens should not be discriminated against based on sexual orientation or whom they sleep with, as far as it doesn't constitute public nuisance or display of gay propaganda in public or obscenity. That means a secular govt has no business imposing morals or regulating the private sex life of its citizens or following religious guidelines on public conduct or to streamline public affairs and then to further impose restrictions on private affairs. If the govt doesn't recognize a certain type of lifestyle, it has no issue with criminalizing it or restricting personal freedoms. The govt is not a religious body and has no issue with tackling behavior deemed "sinful" by religions. Do not legalize it, but at the same time do not criminalize it. Govt serves its citizens.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Those were the stats for Sydney, ironically by far the most conservative city in Australia because of all the immigrants. The rest of the country voted 62% in favour.

I was a proud No voter like the vast majority of Lebanese here. In fact the Lebanese Christian community did more than any other Australian community to fight for the true meaning of marriage.
    Some dont understand what marriage means and especially to the christians. They have a secular country, they are gay and they want to marry in a church. The church has the right to tell them no.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lebanon's sectarian apartheid regime just banned a popular gay dating app as reported:

Lebanon Bans Gay Dating App 'Grindr'

Only a secular Lebanon is the solution and will guaranty everyone's rights and personal freedoms based on citizenry.
    Why don't you add capitalist imperialist colonialist devil worshiping gluten-free zero-fat regime while you're at it professor?
    Overdoing it might shadow your misplaced zeal there now cowboy so maybe you should use a scalpel sometimes and not an automatic weapon on everything that moves.

So they banned an app, it happens all over the globe and under all kinds of governments. Start a petition and aim for the telecom ministry, no need to call Guevara for this one.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

- gay sex
    - gay marriage

I am not in favor of gay marriage. I believe marriage is a union between a man and a woman. That means we do not have to legally permit gay marriage based on my own personal take on the matter.

However, what consenting adults do in their bedroom or using their MBs shouldn't be the business of others or the government. Government has no business turning governance into a system of morality police.

That means in a secular system, citizens should not be discriminated against based on sexual orientation or whom they sleep with, as far as it doesn't constitute public nuisance or display of gay propaganda in public or obscenity. That means a secular govt has no business imposing morals or regulating the private sex life of its citizens or following religious guidelines on public conduct or to streamline public affairs and then to further impose restrictions on private affairs. If the govt doesn't recognize a certain type of lifestyle, it has no issue with criminalizing it or restricting personal freedoms. The govt is not a religious body and has no issue with tackling behavior deemed "sinful" by religions. Do not legalize it, but at the same time do jot criminalize it. Govt serves its citizens.
    So you are for two gay men in their bedroom masalan but you dont support their marriage LOL.
    Man what are you on iza bitrid give me some.

C

CK10452

- gay sex
    - gay marriage

That means in a secular system, citizens should not be discriminated against based on sexual orientation or whom they sleep with, as far as it doesn't constitute public nuisance or display of gay propaganda in public or obscenity. That means a secular govt has no business imposing morals or regulating sex or following religious guidelines in public conduct or to streamline public affairs. If the govt doesn't recognize a certain type of lifestyle, it has no issue with criminalizing it or restricting personal freedoms. The govt is not a religious body and has no issue with tackling behavior deemed "sinful" by religions. Do not legalize it, but at the same time do jot criminalize it. Govt serves its citizens.
    I agree with you. But it's not what will necessarily happen in a secular Lebanon. If the vast majority of the population is strongly against homosexuals for whatever reasons, it's likely the laws will also reflect the views of the people.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Some dont understand what marriage means and especially to the christians. They have a secular country, they are gay and they want to marry in a church. The church has the right to tell them no.
    They don't want to marry in a church, they just want civil rights. If the word 'marriage' bothers so much, I could go with civil union or whatever.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

They don't want to marry in a church, they just want civil rights. If the word 'marriage' bothers so much, I could go with civil union or whatever.
    There is no rights for them. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Rachel Corrie

Rachel Corrie

Legendary Member
    So you are for two gay men in their bedroom masalan but you dont support their marriage LOL.
    Man what are you on iza bitrid give me some.
    Since laws can reflect the values of people, if you do not want to legalize gay marriage, at least do not criminalize their lifestyle in a secular system. That is what I am saying. And if it so happens that the population is liberal minded enough to tolerate gay marriage in a country under my own leadership, I will tolerate their state of liberal mindedness. I was replying to your fellow Australian poster.

And in a country with laws, what a leader thinks or hold sacred doesn't affect how the country is run. In Germany, recently, Merkel opposed gay marriage. But her own personal choice did not influence or affect the majority.