• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Let's discuss administrative decentralization

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Taef calls for administrative decentralization and GB just called for it. How should it be implemented? Which powers should governorates or districts get? Which powers should be reserved to the central government?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

• Advertisement
  • O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Taef calls for administrative decentralization and GB just called for it. How should it be implemented? Which powers should governorates or districts get? Which powers should be reserved to the central government?

I think most people would want it rather on district level rather than governorate level..
    What do you think ?

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @vicking747 since you keep talking about federalism?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

sorry to sound pessimistic, as Ziad Rahbani once said الهوية اللبنانية هي التوك
    the people must change its mindset and keep its politicians in check
    but if everyone will keep voting because of 100$ or small services (usually illegal) here or there
    it is not gonna work
    when they were all split east/west beirut with so called pure race on each side, they kept fighting among themselves around spoils

The Lebanese person doesn't respect laws until he travels abroad, but in lebanon houweh 3antar, houweh kaleb za3im, w kaleb el za3im ? za3im...

cedarheart

cedarheart

Legendary Member
    sorry to sound pessimistic, as Ziad Rahbani once said الهوية اللبنانية هي التوك
    the people must change its mindset and keep its politicians in check
    but if everyone will keep voting because of 100$ or small services (usually illegal) here or there
    it is not gonna work
    when they were all split east/west beirut with so called pure race on each side, they kept fighting among themselves around spoils

The Lebanese person doesn't respect laws until he travels abroad, but in lebanon houweh 3antar, houweh kaleb za3im, w kaleb el za3im ? za3im...
    I fully agree!

It's not about the system, it's about the people
    No matter what changes you bring if those in charge are corrupt they'll F*** things up

dyyyy

dyyyy

I think we can start with the most simple, basic thing that can be done quickly, is to let people vote for their municipalities where they live.
    This way municipalities won't be controlled by big families and parties and they have to make a bigger effort to please the people who live there.

For example I live in Metn but I vote in the South, who I vote for has absolutely no effect on my life.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

municpalities should take decisions in all matters related to public works, health, taxes, etc... This will lower corruption and bureaucracy from state level to municipality level (easier to catch corruption on municipality level, hence we become less corrupt). It's really stupid when we need to build a road let say in the south of Lebanon to get an ok from the minister of public works.

Parliament and the state should take care of security, intelligence, foreign relations, army etc...