Life for women in Dubai

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I would like your opinion on the quality of life of women in Dubai? (also law protection, maternity leave, ....).
I have an opportunity in GCC and currently living in Europe and will not be going alone if i am to take it. I need help to figure out objectively if my gf will have a tough time there compared to Europe (restrictions, quality of life, freedom, job opportunities, general misogyny....) as she is worried.

Thanks for the help.

cheers!

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Hi everyone,

I would like your opinion on the quality of life of women in Dubai? (also law protection, maternity leave, ....).
I have an opportunity in GCC and currently living in Europe and will not be going alone if i am to take it. I need help to figure out objectively if my gf will have a tough time there compared to Europe (restrictions, quality of life, freedom, job opportunities, general misogyny....) as she is worried.

Thanks for the help.

cheers!
I think it depends on the cultural background of said gf.

Also from what we're seen over the years, not getting raped in gulf countries is a good thing if shes not a fan of being convicted for a crime.

Also why would anyone leave europe to go live in dubai is beyond me

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Also why would anyone leave europe to go live in dubai is beyond me

Following the money for a few years and with French passports can go back whenever i want :)...just thinking about an opportunity from all angles not meaning it is a done deal as i have refused already KSA

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help.

cheers!
Tell her not to worry, she will love it here.. however you should be worried. if one day you decide to go back to Europe, she might not go back with you

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Technically speaking, you're not allowed to live with your GF.
But as long as you keep a low profile, you'll be fine.

I know many people who share a flat with someone from the opposite sex.

NMA

To be honest, its not that bad for women, especially foreigners.
You have to know that Dubai is an extremely secure place.
Crime rate is very low and if you're a foreign women you're almost guaranteed no one will ever bother you.
They take these things very seriously.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
This happened in Qatar not Dubai, but they both have similar cultures when it comes to women.