Votes: 18 94.7%
  • I Don't Agree

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
In order to limit corruption when it's roots come primarily from holding leading positions for decades, I propose the following:

1- Limit to 2 terms per lifetime of the role of Speaker of The parliament. (رئيس مجلس النواب). No matter how long or short it is.
2- Limit to 2 terms per lifetime of the role of Prime minister (رئيس مجلس الوزراء). No matter how long or short it is.
3- The Presidency of the republic is already limited to 6 years per lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    In order to limit corruption when it's roots come primarily from holding leading positions for decades, I propose the following:

1- Limit to 2 terms per lifetime of the role of Speaker of The parliament. (رئيس مجلس النواب). No matter how long or short it is.
    2- Limit to 2 terms per lifetime of the role of Prime minister (رئيس مجلس الوزراء). No matter how long or short it is.
    How many temdeed?
    How do you define a lifetime? :)

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think either limit terms for all three or remove limit to all three.

The assumption is that if you are not in formal power, you are also not an informal influencer of power. However, we have example of this; SHN.

But at this stage I still think limit for everyone.

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
    Orange Room Supporter
    President should have two 4 year terms.

I will point out that, for example, in Canada there is no term limit for prime minister (highest position there) and there is very little corruption. So the root of the problem is likely not the term itself, but something deeper. Limiting terms might alleviate some of these symptoms, but not eliminate them and deal with the core issues.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Lifetime is all your life. No temdeed man!!! Do you HAVE to come up with these very interesting terms? :p
    What if I split my life into three lifetimes, which is not against the constitution :) Show me where in the constitution it says I cannot do that. I dare you :)

then I can get 2 times 3 terms, and with one temdeed per term, this is in effect about 12 terms give or take.

then we can negotiate from there in the name of mithekeyyekeyyekeyye :)

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    What if I split my life into three lifetimes, which is not against the constitution :) Show me ehre in the constitution it says I cannot do that. I dare you :)

then I can get 2 times 3 terms, and with one temdeed per term, this is in effect about 12 terms give or take.

then we can negotiate from there in the name of mithekeyyekeyyekeyye :)
    The only way you can split your lifetime is to die and get reborn, Mr. Jesus Christ.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    The only way you can split your lifetime is to die and get reborn, Mr. Jesus Christ.
    First check @The End answer
    Two the constitution does not define lifetime. Prove me wrong if you can :)
    Three do not discriminate against Jesus. Don;t you dare :)

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
    Orange Room Supporter
    First check Resign's answer
    What is Resign’s answer?

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    First check @The End answer
    This proposal is not in the constitution yet. If it ever gets there, then it should be stated that it is from the moment you are born till you DIE permanently.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    This proposal is not in the constitution yet. If it ever gets there, then it should be stated that it is from the moment you are born till you DIE permanently.
    You are discriminating against dead people.

mikeys71

mikeys71

I agree, but why not limit the presidency also to two terms and make 4 years term instead of 6....

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member

This could work for the second and the third one but for the first one it can't happen because nabih berri has only one lifetime, so you can only limit it for the lifetime of Berri.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree, but why not limit the presidency also to two terms and make 4 years term instead of 6....
    That works as well but the PM and Speaker have no defined terms so I thought I would make it simple and not get into specific periods. 2 terms for the others was selected on purpose since the time period is not set and can last as much as 4 years (parliament term). Maybe this encourages PMs to coordinate more with president in order to last as long as possible.

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

As per our constitution now the president can skip a term and come back as a president, he cannot renew for another 6 years, however he can extend 3 years as an agreement in the parliament as per the constitution.
    I totally agree with you on limiting the terms.
    On another note, the retirement age in lebanon is 64, this should apply also for MPs, ministers, and the 3 major positions, this should also be amended!

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    As per our constitution now the president can skip a term and come back as a president, he cannot renew for another 6 years, however he can extend 3 years as an agreement in the parliament as per the constitution.
    I totally agree with you on limiting the terms.
    On another note, the retirement age in lebanon is 64, this should apply also for MPs, ministers, and the 3 major positions, this should also be amended!
    I agree to limit everyone including president. The 64 year retirement age is not relevant as long as the candidate has what it takes.