• I Agree

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • I Don't Agree

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
As per our constitution now the president can skip a term and come back as a president, he cannot renew for another 6 years, however he can extend 3 years as an agreement in the parliament as per the constitution.
I totally agree with you on limiting the terms.
On another note, the retirement age in lebanon is 64, this should apply also for MPs, ministers, and the 3 major positions, this should also be amended!
retirement is for working and is also voluntary and a reward for somebody to take a leave after a lifetime of work if he wants to, leadership positions should not be limited to age, it is actually insulting to tell somebody, you're old move away.

• Advertisement
  • Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    ليش ما بصيرو مداورة كمان
    بمعنى انو الرئاسة ٣ سنين للموارنة... ٣ سنين للشيعة... ٣ سنين للسنة
    كذلك الامر لرئاسة الحومة
    ولرئاسة مجلس النواب

يعني ببطلو حكر لطايفة وحدي

اذا كان رئيس الجمهورية سني... بكون رئيس الوزراء مسيحي مثلا ورئيس مجلس النواب شيعي

بيرجع بعد ٣ سنين بصير رئيس الجمهورية شيعي... رئيس الوزراء سني... ورئيس مجلس النواب مسيحي

وهكذا دواليك

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    In principle, i agree with time limits, as a young person (lol) i would love to see fresh new faces and perspectives. But in terms of how it actually affects corruption when the system doesn't contain institutional safeguards against it, I'm not sure it makes a difference. But am happy to be proven wrong.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    ليش ما بصيرو مداورة كمان
    بمعنى انو الرئاسة ٣ سنين للموارنة... ٣ سنين للشيعة... ٣ سنين للسنة
    كذلك الامر لرئاسة الحومة
    ولرئاسة مجلس النواب

يعني ببطلو حكر لطايفة وحدي

اذا كان رئيس الجمهورية سني... بكون رئيس الوزراء مسيحي مثلا ورئيس مجلس النواب شيعي

بيرجع بعد ٣ سنين بصير رئيس الجمهورية شيعي... رئيس الوزراء سني... ورئيس مجلس النواب مسيحي

وهكذا دواليك
    That is always good and another way of change. What I am going after is the most basic thing that does not disrupt the current agreements.

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree to limit everyone including president. The 64 year retirement age is not relevant as long as the candidate has what it takes.
    Yeah but they are considered as employees in the public sector and get their salaries same as other public sector employees, why to limit the age for them and not for others, those can also be having what it takes, the law should be applied on all, either all retire at 65, or all stay as long as they are doing a good job.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Let's enforce change to what we have now and later on we can implement further more complicated changes.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yeah but they are considered as employees in the public sector and get their salaries same as other public sector employees, why to limit the age for them and not for others, those can also be having what it takes, the law should be applied on all, either all retire at 65, or all stay as long as they are doing a good job.
    Let's limit what we have now and then we can take things further.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

In order to limit corruption when it's roots come primarily from holding leading positions for decades, I propose the following:
    1- Limit to 2 terms per lifetime of the role of Speaker of The parliament. (رئيس مجلس النواب). No matter how long or short it is.
    2- Limit to 2 terms per lifetime of the role of Prime minister (رئيس مجلس الوزراء). No matter how long or short it is.
    3- The Presidency of the republic is already limited to 6 years per lifetime.
    limit per party too .. ok .. getting anyone from Amal or FM is getting Nabih and Hariri multiple times ... for this reason "disagree" ;)

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Let's enforce change to what we have now and later on we can implement further more complicated changes.
    Well IMO, it should be once and for all, all our system needs a nafda from tip to toe

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well IMO, it should be once and for all, all our system needs a nafda from tip to toe
    [/QUOTIf this is introduced terms would be implemented with past
    If this implemented now, the past periods would be considered. Sorry Hariri and Berri ( مولانا :p).

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    limit per party too .. ok .. getting anyone from Amal or FM is getting Nabih and Hariri multiple times ... for this reason "disagree" ;)
    No limit per party. I am 100% sure, different people in the same party have completely different views and implementations. Which is the change that we are after.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

No limit per party. I am 100% sure, different people in the same party have completely different views and implementations. Which is the change that we are after.
    careful what you wish for when you are licking Bassil's photo over and over again
    they too 😱... are watching !! 😱

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Once you relinquish power to anyone with NO RETURN, including a member of your family, policies, change!

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    careful what you wish for when you are licking Bassil's photo over and over again
    they too 😱... are watching !! 😱
    Your family member will lick the photo differently :p As long as you are different, we welcome you. Then comes elections. :lol:

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

Once you relinquish power to anyone with NO RETURN, including a member of your family, policies, change!
    I hate when FPM people go "tayyss" mode
    Your family member will lick the photo differently :p As long as you are different, we welcome you. Then comes elections. :lol:
    you have to break the chain !! Berri and Amal cannot run more than twice consecutively for the parliament,
    for example, if Now berri, let's go and names ali hassan khalil, the policy will remain the same (medvedev - putin)
    however, if you break the chain, for example Berri/Amal can extend only one time if the circumstances ask for it ... however,
    after being named twice consecutively in the 3rd parliament, the speaker can't be Berri nor anyone from Amal party.

This way, a theft network won't be able to take form, like the one we have now and that extended for more than 30 years
    while faces keep on changing but policies don't because it is always the same parties taking the same seats over and over again

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    I hate when FPM people go "tayyss" mode

you have to break the chain !! Berri and Amal cannot run more than twice consecutively for the parliament,
    for example, if Now berri, let's go and names ali hassan khalil, the policy will remain the same (medvedev - putin)
    however, if you break the chain, for example Berri/Amal can extend only one time if the circumstances ask for it ... however,
    after being named twice consecutively in the 3rd parliament, the speaker can't be Berri nor anyone from Amal party.

This way, a theft network won't be able to take form, like the one we have now and that extended for more than 30 years
    while faces keep on changing but policies don't because it is always the same parties taking the same seats over and over again
    WE cannot limit parties. Different people of the same party will have different stances!

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    I agree to limit everyone including president. The 64 year retirement age is not relevant as long as the candidate has what it takes.
    That is the truth. A 64 Age limit is highly discriminatory and arbitrary. People have different genes and many leaders do their best when they are much older and wiser.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Deputees as well should be limited in the number of terms.
    France implemented that recently to avoid teshlish...same as moudara 3ammin and all key positions