• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Living in France under Macron

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
French elections are over. On the 7th of May 2017, Emmanuel Macron was elected President of the French Republic, for a mandate of 5 years.

France faces many challenges, and the next years might reveal to be crucial for France's future.

Dieudonné : Félicitation M. Macron

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Lol wait for the legislatives at least he hasn't won majority yet

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is, but if he doesn't win majority in the legislatives it's basically a repeat of Hollande
I disagree. There is an opportunity for some kind of LR / EM cohabitation, which would ideally bring a good chunck of Fillon's program (essentially around economic reform) and combine with EM broader program. Effectively it could be an EM slightly to the right and an LR slightly less ossified around catholic traditionalism :)

I know I'm painting a best outcome scenario. We could still have Mélenchon win the majority :)

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I disagree. There is an opportunity for some kind of LR / EM cohabitation, which would ideally bring a good chunck of Fillon's program (essentially around economic reform) and combine with EM broader program. Effectively it could be an EM slightly to the right and an LR slightly less ossified around catholic traditionalism :)

I know I'm painting a best outcome scenario. We could still have Mélenchon win the majority :)

Yeah they're asking him for a prime minister from the right

Mélenchon winning anything at this point is far fetched though lol

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hmm true, valls is already persona non grata

Valls was meant to be the Macron of his time, when he was appointed Prime Minister by Hollande. He was a nobody and they wanted to make him look like "Le renouveau" type of character, just to lure the French people into believing that they entered a time of progress and dynamism.

He revealed himself to be vile despicable and incompetent, to a degree never recorded yet. But they still kept him, because he was just a cover. Long gone the time where a Prime Minister or a President drew the political lines and directions in France.

After Chirac, French governance went fully to the deep State.

And the French people sensed somehow that something has gone wrong. How can it be otherwise, when they find themselves stuck for years, with both, the most unpopular President of French history and the most hated Prime Minister of French history.

That distance and hate between the people and power representatives became apparent with Sarkozy, and turned into a huge gap with Holland/Valls.

With Macron, it will become a crevasse.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

I know I'm painting a best outcome scenario.

Funny...your best outcome scenario sounds like the worst outcome I could imagine lol

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Poor French people...This is now the intellectual and cultural level that they will be served. And this troll is paid by their taxes.

A reminiscence of the Middle-ages, the new type of "Bouffon du roi"...And look at those so-called journalists laughing...weew...

Maréchal, tu t'en vas - La chanson de Frédéric Fromet

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Poor French people...This is now the intellectual and cultural level that they will be served. And this troll is paid by their taxes.

A reminiscence of the Middle-ages, the new type of "Bouffon du roi"...And look at those so-called journalists laughing...weew...

All these bobos together don't reach Marion's ankle.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
All these bobos together don't reach Marion's ankle.

Sure...They wish to reach it....lol

But the despicable thing is that these baboons will be sent more and more, by the arrogant winner, to insult in a very cheap and low manner, not the loser, but more specifically the people who supported him. And more importantly, the arrogant winner is turning his audience into a bunch of happy obedient dancing monkeys...Which is the worst part. French people transformed into uneducated peasants, pitted against each others in such way, gives a real medieval aspect to the pictures.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Away from the limited Presidential debate, and back to the reality of the situation and the truth about the different political figures, here is a very good presentation and analysis.

Autopsie de l'élection présidentielle (Vernochet, Hindi)

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Sure...They wish to reach it....lol

But the despicable thing is that these baboons will be sent more and more, by the arrogant winner, to insult in a very cheap and low manner, not the loser, but more specifically the people who supported him. And more importantly, the arrogant winner is turning his audience into a bunch of happy obedient dancing monkeys...Which is the worst part. French people transformed into uneducated peasants, pitted against each others in such way, gives a real medieval aspect to the pictures.

Oh but these are not peasants. They are the arrogant nouveaux bourgeois hiding behind their fake humanitarian slogans.

Just look at this forum and how condescending they are, preaching about supposed leftist values while supporting right-wing economic policies.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
La France périphérique va t-elle exploser ? Christophe Guilluy

I have a couple of thoughts on his clash of classes perspective, most notably with the example of Paris voting 90% for Macron! Ile de France has the highest poverty rate in France with Paris being right behind seine saint Denis, his clash of classes perspective exists within Paris itself... So limiting his perspective to a clash of classes between Paris (and big cities) and the rest of France with Paris being at the top and that's why it voted 90% in favour of Macron is simplifying things a bit too much!

Second, there are no intellectuals speaking for the poor? They have no representation I get, but no intellectuals? Even in his speech about a clash of classes, it seems quite obvious he is encouraging this perception that poor people are uneducated, 12% of people with PhDs are unemployed (it's an average regarding all fields, math/physics have the lowest average of 3%, some fields reach a 30% unemployment rate) , next to 40% are making close to minimum wage!

That aside, I'm not denying that there is a clash of classes, within France and probably everywhere else in the world, and maybe frustrations are what breed extremism, ie: people who vote marine le Pen don't vote for her because they like her or believe she's their saviour, but rather out of frustration with the current political establishment... But the 66% (rounding up) who voted against her are far from being the elite of this country lol!

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

So a guy singing a song that is obviously a joke is now a low intellectual and cultural level? What about the tons of video parodies you posted in the elections thread? That's a high intellectual and cultural level ye3ne?

And omg journalists laughing! How dare they!

Last edited: