Living under Iran Mullahs

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No. The monkeys were hollering and jumping around and I simply corrected them on their understanding of the article. The story is true. She's been posting on instagram for a long time claiming that she's been getting surgeries to look like Jolie. Essentially for attention. In Iran we have a big cosmetic surgery problem and doctors will put anybody that walks through the door under the knife. No matter what their mental capacity is.

Is it weird that she's been arrested? Obviously. Is it thatttttt weird? No it isn't. Just because Iran did it it's suddenly news lol.
No wonder the Ayatollahs are still in power, if Iranian citizens are as passive and indifferent as you are.

• Advertisement
  • Big Brother

Big Brother

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No wonder the Ayatollahs are still in power, if Iranian citizens are as passive and indifferent as you are.
    Not to mention that the woman didn't even have any cosmetic surgeries, but touted herself as such in order to make the effect of her "revelation" even more shocking on social media.

I am curious what @Nimaa sees wrong with that.

N

Nimaa

Yeah... we should go around blowing ourselves up like Arabs and shooting each other in the streets like savages eh? Then we'll be proactive. Got it.

N

Nimaa

Slaves who believe themselves Aryans and superior to others.
    The irony is so rich you can literally cut it with a butter knife. Lebanon is blowing at the seams because every group is loyal to a foreign power. You lot regularly shoot each other in the streets.

The Aryan thing is an issue that's way over your head. The German definition is of course moronic and some self-conscious uneducated Iranians and Afghans in the West attach themselves to the Western definition. Aryan of course has no racial connotation in the Iranian sense, but again, that's over your head and even if it wasn't... you'd rather clinch on to it to have some ammunition to troll like a cretin.

N

Nimaa

They do not know how to be anything else, but slaves.
    Everybody is a slave of something, someone or some ideology. You want us to be a slave of your dogma. That's how stupid you lot are. You can't separate your hate from the discourse. Iranians have no love for the mullahs for the most part, but you're either a complete noob when it comes to Middle Eastern politics and history or a shitty troll if your proposal is for Iran to open its ass hole wide open for the savages that surround us. No thanks. For the past thousand years that got us nothing. The idiot mullahs have a time limit. Either because of time or external pressure they will dissolve into the wider Iranian society. But you'll die waiting if you wish to see Iran in civil war.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Wtf?? She's showcasing her talents how in the world is she inciting hate or violence? Or blasphemy for that matter? Ma tkun Angelina Jolie Sarit a Muslim symbol while I blinked
    I agree with the Mullah on this one. Put her dumb ass in jail. :)

N

Nimaa

Not to mention that the woman didn't even have any cosmetic surgeries, but touted herself as such in order to make the effect of her "revelation" even more shocking on social media.

I am curious what @Nimaa sees wrong with that.
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, because I believe in individual liberty. The fact that you read into my previous posts shows your mentality.
    I had two objectives: (1) to correct the misinformation and to (2) show the reasoning, however oppressive and illogical to our Western sensibilities, behind the arrest. Is it the best way to react to a societal problem (wide-spread use of cosmetic surgery)? In the current system... maybe it is.

I'm a law student here in Canada (will graduate next year). I love the system here, but it has its own problems and they are systemic. Iran, being a theocratic dictatorship operates differently. There is no guarantee nor any claims made regarding respect for human rights and individual liberty. Under that system, the reaction towards the girl makes sense. But this doesn't mean we have to respect it.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, because I believe in individual liberty. The fact that you read into my previous posts shows your mentality.
    I had two objectives: (1) to correct the misinformation and to (2) show the reasoning, however oppressive and illogical to our Western sensibilities, behind the arrest. Is it the best way to react to a societal problem (wide-spread use of cosmetic surgery)? In the current system... maybe it is.

I'm a law student here in Canada (will graduate next year). I love the system here, but it has its own problems and they are systemic. Iran, being a theocratic dictatorship operates differently. There is no guarantee nor any claims made regarding respect for human rights and individual liberty. Under that system, the reaction towards the girl makes sense. But this doesn't mean we have to respect it.
    She is dumb and she is using social-shit-media in a harmful way to youths. I think Iran got it backwards, they should ban insta and allow twitter, not the other way around :)

She should be punished.

But these two are my heroes :)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    @joseph_lubnan do i have ur blessings to merge this thread into the living under iran mullahs one? its early in the morning and i dont want any drama :p
    That is very funny. But seriously, no way man, you do not need my permission, do what you see fit :) Go for it you have my blessings :)

But, I generally disagree with merging threads. You know why, I explained it, but I know there are different opinions on almost everything, I disagree with your view on this merging business, but trust me when I say I respect your view at the same time.

P.S I was posting the above at the same time you merged them, so I copied it and posted it here.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    She is dumb and she is using social-shit-media in a harmful way to youths. I think Iran got it backwards, they should ban insta and allow twitter, not the other way around :)

She should be punished.

But these two are my heroes :)

:mad:

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    FIFA Must Pressure Iran to Let Women Attend Soccer Matches

By Maryam Shojaei

My country’s exclusion of its 41 million women from sports stadiums is a clear violation of the organization’s charter and of our human rights.

I grew up in the Iranian city of Shiraz after the 1979 revolution. Girls like me were barred from going to stadiums to watch sports because, our religious leaders said, it would be an improper mixing of men and women. Still, I grew up loving soccer. I would watch matches on television with my family, cheering on our favorite teams and players.

My brother Masoud is a gifted player and became Iran’s national-team captain. He has played in three FIFA World Cups. But my mother, sister and I have never seen a game in our home country. My mother has never had a chance for her heart to swell with pride as her son scored a goal, nor could I ever have cheered him on while I was living in Iran.

Iran’s exclusion of its 41 million women from sports stadiums for the past 40 years has led women and girls to risk jail and even their lives to challenge the ban. That could all change this month.

After our years of fighting for this fundamental right, we have finally gotten the leaders of FIFA, the governing body that oversees all soccer, to start upholding its own rules prohibiting this discrimination. On Thursday, for the first time, some women will be able to buy tickets and sit in Iran’s largest stadium, Azadi.

For decades, Iran’s hard-liners enforced the ban cruelly — and FIFA looked the other way. I and many other Iranian women activists protested, wrote letters and sent proof of our exclusion to FIFA’s headquarters.

Iran’s ban was a clear violation of FIFA’s constitution, which says discrimination against women “is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion.” This has meant that FIFA could eject Iran from the competition unless it let women in.

Our fight to go to stadiums was always about human rights, about women’s rights and about the right to occupy public spaces and fully participate in the life of our country. We never accepted being shut out.

In June, I was detained trying to go to an international FIFA match at Azadi stadium. In August, a photojournalist and female fans who attended games dressed as men were arrested and jailed (they were eventually released on bail). Their ordeal was intended as a warning to all female fans.

They still face possible long prison sentences. Other activists and fans have had to leave the country out of fear of being detained. In September, a fellow fan who had been arrested at Azadi stadium in March, Sahar Khodayari, died after setting herself on fire outside the courthouse where she had learned she was facing six months in jail. Our country gave her a name she could not own in life, Blue Girl, for the blue colors of her favorite team, Esteghlal. Team members mourned her death. A former national-team captain said a stadium should carry her name.

FIFA finally acted. At an awards event in September, the organization’s president, Gianni Infantino, promised in front of the world that Iranian women would be allowed to attend a FIFA World Cup qualifier match between Iran and Cambodia on Oct. 10 and all future matches. We’ll see what happens on Thursday.

But don’t let FIFA say it’s responsible for overturning the stadium ban. In March 2018, Mr. Infantino attended a match in Iran’s Azadi stadium while 35 women were being arrested for daring to attend. I wrote eight letters to FIFA, and in November 2018, I met in Zurich with a FIFA leader, Fatma Samoura, to deliver 200,000 signatures of a petition against the ban. In April 2019, I filed an ethics complaint to protest this violation of FIFA’s nondiscrimination and human rights policies. FIFA did not act fast enough — and now Sahar is dead.

Still, even now, FIFA has agreed to a low quota of tickets for women — reportedly only 3,500 in a stadium that holds some 100,000. Women will be sent to different gates and to segregated sections. There are still no restrooms for women in other major stadiums, with the Football Federation of the Islamic Republic of Iran claiming that providing the infrastructure to accommodate women would create a “budgetary” problem.

And FIFA has not done the basic work to ensure that women can safely attend future international matches. FIFA should set a deadline for club league matches to admit families so that we can watch the games together. If FIFA can’t get Iran to follow its rules, the country’s soccer federation should be suspended from participating in international tournaments.

Allowing women the basic right to watch soccer matches in a stadium with their families would symbolize meaningful progress for women’s rights in the country. It’s still not safe for me to return to Iran for Thursday’s match, but I hope that some day I can watch my brother in person, seated with all of my family, in Azadi stadium.

Azadi means “freedom” in Farsi — and when all women are allowed to freely attend matches, the stadium will finally be worthy of its name.

Maryam Shojaei is an activist from Iran who founded the #NoBan4Women movement, which promotes a woman’s right to attend sports events in Iran.

NYTimes

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    That's what I'm talking about all the time.

"'In a future Iran, Israel will once again be an ally'"

Big Brother

Big Brother

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That's what I'm talking about all the time.

"'In a future Iran, Israel will once again be an ally'"

Wishful thinking, Iran and its Islamic Regime are expanding their influence in the region as Americans pull out. They're not going anywhere anytime soon, and no one in the region trusts the word of Americans anymore. I mean, if anyone trusts the Americans after they sold out the Kurds to a genocidal maniac, they only have themselves to blame. Including Israel.
    Happy birthday Putin!

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Wishful thinking, Iran and its Islamic Regime are expanding their influence in the region as Americans pull out. They're not going anywhere anytime soon, and no one in the region trusts the word of Americans anymore. I mean, if anyone trusts the Americans after they sold out the Kurds to a genocidal maniac, they only have themselves to blame. Including Israel.
    Happy birthday Putin!
    Your analysis are skewed by your dislike of Trump.

Big Brother

Big Brother

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Your analysis are skewed by your dislike of Trump.
    Not this analysis.
    Even GOP leaders criticized Trump's betrayal of the Kurds, and they're right. This is highly damaging to our national security and it has implications far beyond the Trump presidency. That's what happens when you embolden someone who refuses to listen to advisors and thinks he's the smartest cookie to ever occupy the Oval. I mean the Pentagon was preparing plans they've been working on with the Kurds for months, and without consultation the President pulls out... after receiving a call from Turkey, where he has two Trump towers, no less. Such dysfunction and lack of communication is NOT and will NEVER be good for our country -- no matter your political opinions or favorable views of Trump.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Not this analysis.
    Even GOP leaders criticized Trump's betrayal of the Kurds, and they're right. This is highly damaging to our national security and it has implications far beyond the Trump presidency. That's what happens when you embolden someone who refuses to listen to advisors and thinks he's the smartest cookie to ever occupy the Oval. I mean the Pentagon was preparing plans they've been working on with the Kurds for months, and without consultation the President pulls out... after receiving a call from Turkey, where he has two Trump towers, no less. Such dysfunction and lack of communication is NOT and will NEVER be good for our country -- no matter your political opinions or favorable views of Trump.
    I am not talking about relationship between US and others, I am talking about relationship between Israel and Iran.