• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Living Under Shia's (الشيعية السياسيه) Dominance over Lebanon

Venom

Legendary Member
1950s-60s -75 lebanon was prosperous
1990 - 2020 lebanon is bankrupt and way underdeveloped

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ya @SeaAb When did I ever make this statement:

"It's time for to end this futile alliance."

Shu khasneh? I've always maintained I do not speak as a partisan and I dont belong to any party and I dont speak on their behalf. I speak as a Lebanese and as a Shia based on interests I think serve my country and my sect.
And for you, what comes first, country or sect? Give it a genuine thought before you give us your genuine answer and, if possible, ma tlaflefa bi mawdou3 2ensha.

Genius

Legendary Member
What data. any link?

There are plenty of resources. If you are really interested, because so far, like many, you are repeating the same message about that era. I too believed it once until I did some research. Political agendas, hate and sectarianism fueled the propaganda agaisnt the post independence system.

Where did the gold reserve come from?

Venom

Legendary Member
There are plenty of resources. If you are really interested, because so far, like many, you are repeating the same message about that era. I too believed it once until I did some research. Political agendas, hate and sectarianism fueled the propaganda agaisnt the post independence system.

Where did the gold reserve come from?

I'm not a hater, nor was I ever been devoted to any sect I just listen to people who experienced the 50-70s, including non family members. Saying how rosy Lebanon was post independence is denying people who experienced suffering from both pan Arabists and western influenced ideologies. The civil war wouldn't have happened if Lebanon was as "prosperous" as you claim, there wouldn't be a reason for civil war.

the mid 90s for me was pretty good in Lebanese history. Lebanon was booming and we had a decent standard of living. Electricity was 24/24 in most of Beirut at least. But that doesn't deny the fact that we were under Syrian occupation politically (a branch of their secret service was right in front of my parents' house) and Israeli occupation in the South.

One of many sources

That's definitely not a source.

agnostic

Legendary Member
Some want to impose the idea that Lebanon would become better only if we let Marun rule it again. Wel Anka they accuse Shias of hegemony.

Nevertheless Marun is as much corrupted as Alloushe or Abu 'lAbed.

And the Jewish bankers are nowadays submitting any states, including the Vatican itself, ruled by corrupted leaders whether they were called Marun, Alloushe or Abu 'lAbed.

Genius

Legendary Member
I'm not a hater, nor was I ever been devoted to any sect I just listen to people who experienced the 50-70s, including non family members. Saying how rosy Lebanon was post independence is denying people who experienced suffering from both pan Arabists and western influenced ideologies. The civil war wouldn't have happened if Lebanon was as "prosperous" as you claim, there wouldn't be a reason for civil war.

the mid 90s for me was pretty good in Lebanese history. Lebanon was booming and we had a decent standard of living. Electricity was 24/24 in most of Beirut at least. But that doesn't deny the fact that we were under Syrian occupation politically (a branch of their secret service was right in front of my parents' house) and Israeli occupation in the South.

That's definitely not a source.

Never described you as a hater. You are actually one of the open minded forumers.

The campaigns however agaisnt the post independence system started even before the constitution and were fueled by all sort of unfortunate unfair subjective and instinctive contempt.

The 90s appeared as a good period, but were a gambling fraud, that started the ponzi scheme and fell on everyone's head eventually.

As for the accounts that you heard of, there is no surprise, many people feel unfortunate in any system, utopia doesn't exist, but if we are to judge with all fairness all the past eras, the 50-70 wins hands down by all measures. The system was not perfect and could have been improved and amended without wars. But in the middle east, dialogue is non existent.

I had read a couple of books and some references online, I wil see if I can collect them again and share them.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
What data. any link?
From and old post of mine in 2014:
“The perception of prosperity for the pre-war Lebanon is most definitely not an illusion, the country was witnessing a sustained GDP growth upward of 20% YoY.
GDP %Growth
1974 1378.67626 25.68%
1973 1097.004677 27.07%
1972 863.3085937 21.47%
1971 710.7039762 9.69%
1970 647.9212361
Source: United Nations Statistics Division

The slow 1970 growth is attributed to the 1969 turmoil that ended with the cursed Cairo agreement, however, as you can see Lebanon witnessed a sustained growth north of 20% which was not an artificial one created by an injection of capital a la Lebanon of the 1990s.”

I guess back then I called it injection of capital, now we know it’s a freaking ponzi.

So yeah, in the 1970s we were teaching people how to fish so they eat , whereas in the 1990s we were lending them money to buy fish and stealing their house, spouse, dog and car.

Never described you as a hater. You are actually one of the open minded forumers.

The campaigns however agaisnt the post independence system started even before the constitution and were fueled by all sort of unfortunate unfair subjective and instinctive contempt.

The 90s appeared as a good period, but were a gambling fraud, that started the ponzi scheme and fell on everyone's head eventually.

As for the accounts that you heard of, there is no surprise, many people feel unfortunate in any system, utopia doesn't exist, but if we are to judge with all fairness all the past eras, the 50-70 wins hands down by all measures. The system was not perfect and could have been improved and amended without wars. But in the middle east, dialogue is non existent.

I had read a couple of books and some references online, I wil see if I can collect them again and share them.

I agree

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Not so sure about that. US will push HA to sign peace with Israel and a commitment for no escalation just like they pushed them to accept maritime demarcation. In exchange they’ll give them free reign in Lebanon.
HA cannot reign Lebanon, but it can be reigned in inside Lebanon by first pushing it and its arms inwards, towards attempting to reign Lebanon. This is what the Americans are "giving" HA. In Syria zamato bi richoun thanks to the Russians, bass Lebanon is most probably a whole different story.

Firstly, Lebanon is not al Quseir and neither the Lebanese of all sects are Syrian civil warfare noobs, they're veterans of destruction. But most importantly, they're so well trained to quickly tune in to civil war frequency. In Lebanon HA/amal will have to battle many internal enemies backed by external powers throughout intertwined demographical, political and worst times socio-economical conditions. In a muddy pool like this, you have to be truly superior in all warring aspects to win the war, else, being simultaneously at war with all the other inhabitants could be a very dangerous adventure. In fact, it's a proved losing recipe for every ant size local militia HA's caliber, with advanced megalomania syndromes, anywhere you place it on the world's map.

Take this for a mathematical fact: no civil war in Lebanon can be won by any ONE sect, everyone has got to have at least one or more ally. And if we ever get there, HA/Amal will by then certainly stand alone against sunni, druze and christians, thus definitely not the winning side. Not even imported Iraqi al noujaba or 7ashd sha3bi canon fodder supplies are likely to change this hardcore fact; in this case, the "balanced division" of the population is a blessing.

Therefore, stability inside Lebanon is the Americans and Israelis last headache. If I were @agnostic and I receive a nice American tap on my HA head inside Lebanon, I'd consider panicking; most probably it's a cunning push towards self destruction. To these people, as long as the oil flows and Israel is in good health, whatever Lebanese do to themselves with regard to HA's arms is a win-win.

Therefore, this scenario of HA ruling Lebanon with arms won't happen because it can't happen but only inside the fluffy imagination of a HA supporter or someone lusting for HA's unescapable destruction, and with it many shia's tragically expanding ego inside Lebanon.

Last edited:

Rafidi

Legendary Member
And for you, what comes first, country or sect? Give it a genuine thought before you give us your genuine answer and, if possible, ma tlaflefa bi mawdou3 2ensha.

Abadan. This is even a wrong question you are asking. Walaw. You should have asked: between the istez and your sect which comes first? Of course,the istez. See him on my avatar. Country vs sect is a nonstarter.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Abadan. This is even a wrong question you are asking. Walaw. You should have asked: between the istez and your sect which comes first? Of course,the istez. See him on my avatar. Country vs sect is a nonstarter.
Wrong questions don't exist. What was your answer now again? Country or sect first?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
HA cannot reign Lebanon, but it can be reigned in inside Lebanon by first pushing it and its arms inwards, towards attempting to reign Lebanon. This is what the Americans are "giving" HA. In Syria zamato bi richoun thanks to the Russians, bass Lebanon is most probably a whole different story.

Firstly, Lebanon is not al Quseir and neither the Lebanese of all sects are Syrian civil warfare noobs, they're veterans of destruction. But most importantly, they're so well trained to quickly tune in to civil war frequency. In Lebanon HA/amal will have to battle many internal enemies backed by external powers throughout intertwined demographical, political and worst times socio-economical conditions. In a muddy pool like this, you have to be truly superior in all warring aspects to win the war, else, being simultaneously at war with all the other inhabitants could be a very dangerous adventure. In fact, it's a proved losing recipe for every ant size local militia HA's caliber, with advanced megalomania syndromes, anywhere you place it on the world's map.

Take this for a mathematical fact: no civil war in Lebanon can be won by any ONE sect, everyone has got to have at least one or more ally. And if we ever get there, HA/Amal will by then certainly stand alone against sunni, druze and christians, thus definitely not the winning side. Not even imported Iraqi al noujaba or 7ashd sha3bi canon fodder supplies are likely to change this hardcore fact; in this case, the "balanced division" of the population is a blessing.

Therefore, stability inside Lebanon is the Americans and Israelis last headache. If I were @agnostic and I receive a nice American tap on my HA head inside Lebanon, I'd consider panicking; most probably it's a cunning push towards self destruction. To these people, as long as the oil flows and Israel is in good health, whatever Lebanese do to themselves with regard to HA's arms is a win-win.

Therefore, this scenario of HA ruling Lebanon with arms won't happen because it can't happen but only inside the fluffy imagination of a HA supporter or someone lusting for HA's unescapable destruction, and with it many shia's tragically expanding ego inside Lebanon.

This sounds like Laila Abdul Latif in a soliloquy, talking to herself and reassuring herself on her wishful thinking.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Thank you Hajj Muki for the lesson you gave to the Lebanese Shias haters who chose to side with the Israeli enemy.

#Bought Very Cheap, You will Be Sold Very Cheap

Shia haters is an exaggeration. An armed shia militia that does not immediately use its arms to liberate Shebaa, Al Quds wa ma ba3da Al Quds, but keeps them standby for only internal leverage, this is what most Lebanese hate. Enno for how long?