Losing a Pet

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
I saw this online and thought it is worth sharing.
Definitely something to think about.

I never had a pet dog or cat, so I cannot relate to losing a pet like that.
I have had and lost pet birds and pet fish, and at one point some guinea pigs and rabbits.

While I was sad losing those pets, I don't think it would compare to the intimate relationship that develops between humans and dogs, and sometimes (@Isabella :p) cats. With birds and fish, the extent of my care and contact with my pets was adding food. With dogs, you train them and spend a lot of time with them, and you share a lot of physical contact.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • manifesto

The thought of losing my dog one day makes me very anxious.

Whoever gave dogs such a short lifespan is a terrible terrible person.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    So I wake up at 3:52 am, going about my day checking the usual suspects that make my daughter cry and then decide hey let's see what's happening over on the Oroom... Lo and behold I'm tagged in a thread about losing pets that muki started... I'm already missing mine so much since my mom decided she became suddenly allergic to cats 😂 and then muki has to post about pet owners not bejng near their pets when they're dying....

I hope you are happy with yourself @Muki, you are responsible for my tears this very early morning lol and the reason my daughter's breakfast got delayed :p

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    So I wake up at 3:52 am, going about my day checking the usual suspects that make my daughter cry and then decide hey let's see what's happening over on the Oroom... Lo and behold I'm tagged in a thread about losing pets that muki started... I'm already missing mine so much since my mom decided she became suddenly allergic to cats 😂 and then muki has to post about pet owners not bejng near their pets when they're dying....

I hope you are happy with yourself @Muki, you are responsible for my tears this very early morning lol and the reason my daughter's breakfast got delayed :p
    Oh noes, I tagged you in the hope of hearing a story about your many cat-scapades!

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Oh noes, I tagged you in the hope of hearing a story about your many cat-scapades!
    Well our friends offered to host her for a month until my mom leaves. She got depressed first day and peed all over their house, husband and I got sad for dumping our cat until we received videos of her being playful and literally trading us in for our friends -.- she would make the same greeting noises she used to make for us in the morning and wait for them at their bedroom door and whatnot... apparently cats are not very loyal lol she forgot all about us in a day ! We still miss her a lot though lol

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Well our friends offered to host her for a month until my mom leaves. She got depressed first day and peed all over their house, husband and I got sad for dumping our cat until we received videos of her being playful and literally trading us in for our friends -.- she would make the same greeting noises she used to make for us in the morning and wait for them at their bedroom door and whatnot... apparently cats are not very loyal lol she forgot all about us in a day ! We still miss her a lot though lol
    Send her a video showing how you are getting on with your lives, being extra happy, extra relaxed and extra enjoying life like nothing happened and she never existed in your lives.