• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

Made in Lebanon

gramsci

Legendary Member
Im curious to know more about what Lebanon produces, and in which sector Lebanese products are an excellency to export world wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Advertisement
  • gramsci

Legendary Member
    Wine
    Olives
    Olive Oil
    Apples
    Lemon
    The lebanese wine is starting to be known abroad.. Few monthes ago there was a sommelier event in my city regarding levantine wine .. Israeli and lebanese wine tasting .. I couldn't attend but i guess it was successful..eventhough it is hard to compete with italian wine ..but i guess blanc de bland ( keffraya i guess ) is not bad at all.
    About the rest of ur list it have no chance here to get into the european market.maybe it is product exported to other arab countries .. But i guess tunisia is a huge producer of olive and olive oil l

gramsci

Legendary Member
    I can give u some tips and know how guys.. The first excellency in lebanon is its cuisine and all the products related to it . But it need to be more elaborated and simplified , with ingredients that can be at reach.. Diffonding the lebanese cuisine culture will open the gates to commerce of lot of lebanese food products likes primary ingredients.. So a revolution must start in this sector..lebanese food is healthy and mediterranean..but must be smartly promoted.

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Second.. students of philosophy and arts in lebanon must be encouraged ..alongside all other disciplines.. That will open the lebanese menthality to many other things ...there is a huge lack in scientific and cultural mind set.. Lebanese expatriate who have ideas of business must be encouraged to invest in lebanon.. And business mean production.. And not commerce of foreign products like all lebanese do .. It heLp to create jobs.. The taxes on income must correctly be invested in infrastructure, health, education etc ..the culture of money must be balance with the human values, and that lebanese citizen rights comes first.
    Lot of lebanese educated go to work abroad while in lebanon remain the oldies with no health coperture no services nothing ,the taxes they pay on their income goes to the account of the aged people of the countries where they reside..that lead to a more backwardness in your country . Think about it .

gramsci

Legendary Member
    U can invest in textile .. lot of lebanese designers of moda are known .
    In history lebanon used to export silk ( during fakhreddine II ) ..

Nonan

The lebanese wine is starting to be known abroad.. Few monthes ago there was a sommelier event in my city regarding levantine wine .. Israeli and lebanese wine tasting .. I couldn't attend but i guess it was successful..eventhough it is hard to compete with italian wine ..but i guess blanc de bland ( keffraya i guess ) is not bad at all.
    About the rest of ur list it have no chance here to get into the european market.maybe it is product exported to other arab countries .. But i guess tunisia is a huge producer of olive and olive oil l
    ChâteauMusar is by far the best Lebanese wine