1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male vs female bosses

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eLad, Oct 11, 2017.

?
  1. I'm a man and i prefer working under a male boss

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I'm a man and i prefer working under a female boss

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I'm a woman and i prefer working under a male boss

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I'm a woman and i prefer working under a female boss

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. eLad

eLad Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

100%
    do you prefer a male or a female boss? have you experienced working for both?

poll please
    1- i'm a man and i prefer working under a male boss
    2- i'm a man and i prefer working under a female boss
    3- i'm a woman and i...
    4- i'm a woman...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Based on my experiences so far, I much prefer having a male boss.

3. Isabella

Isabella The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter

61%
    Based on experience so far I would much rather a female boss! All the people who have "mentored" me in life have been women... Also much less of a risk of being hit on -.-

In case it wasn't obvious I really dislike my boss and avoid him as much as possible lol

4. eLad

eLad Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

100%
    i have experienced both, i have opened this thread because i didn't want to generalize, but i agree with the below 100%

[​IMG]

5. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    This is true up to a point. But I've had some truly horrendous experiences with some female bosses. I'm sure their male equivalents exist, but so far I haven't had to deal with them. Not that I would ever work with that type of person again.

6. Isabella

Orange Room Supporter

61%
    That post is sexist lol! If a woman yells she's a bitch and bitter but if a man does it well he's assertive!

7. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Well-Known Member

14%
    Am torn, worked with both genders, what i have found is that when it comes to daily management duties and project follow up i'd rather be working with a woman. But when it vomes to client interaction i felt more shielded when i had a male boss.

Nonesene, any boss that needs to yell to Get a point across is a failure at their, this is worse than the apparent sexism

• Like Like x 1
  8. Isabella

Orange Room Supporter

61%
    Well to be fair, there was no yelling in the post, but did you actually read it? It's incredibly sexist! Like amazingly so!

I've only been yelled at once, by a nun boss, and I quit my job immediately after :p

9. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Well-Known Member

14%
    Well it says how both genders are percieved, so i guess its not completly sexist? also its on of thise pics u post on ur linked in profile so not taking it seriously :p

More importantly, nun boss? Mind shedding some light on why u had a nun boss? U worked at an insence factory or something? A rosary manufacture? A candle shop? :p

10. Isabella

Orange Room Supporter

61%
    Right men are great when they're bosses and women suck, what's not sexist lol?

I taught math and physics at a place run by nuns

11. Dark Angel

Dark Angel Legendary Member

100%
    gender in my perspective does not and should not influence professional performance, it all depends on the person's qualifications and interpersonal skills. so personally i do not care, i'll turn their lives into hell and make them resign just the same, males, females, unicorns, goats, etc.. doesn't really matter :p

• Like Like x 4
  12. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    I don't remember a male boss yelling, or being disrespectful, or taking your usual work day and giving it to her family member that week because it happens to be a holiday which is paid double...etc.

13. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Exactly...I once told a female boss she has no business talking to employees the way she does.

Her answer was: "this is how I am...even at home."

:wideyed:

I told her I didn't care wtf she does at home, but at work she is expected to have a professional attitude.

14. Isabella

Orange Room Supporter

61%
    Right so if you were in charge of a few employees you would definitely yell and be disrespectful and take their usual work day and give it to a family member just because it happens to be a holiday that is paid double!

The yelling was not the point, the point was the blatant sexism in that post that you just happened to agree with!

15. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    No, I would definitely not :s

But this did happen...

What post? The side by side comparison that eLad posted?

It is meant to show how people interpret the same behaviour differently, based on the gender of the person displaying the behaviour. It is basically calling out sexism...not endorsing it...

16. Isabella

Orange Room Supporter

61%
    Except that's not how elad meant it! And yeah it is blatantly obvious that women in charge are judged based on their sex! If a woman does a horrible job maintaining her employees it must be because all women are not good in a position of power! Whereas when a man is horrible, ie: would hit on his female employees any chance he got, it's not a problem with his entire sex, just this one guy!

But hey we all know women are emotional messes who cannot efficiently lead a team in a working environment! So meh who cares, as long as we're not the ones getting judged

Edit: the point in me comparing you to your actual female boss was basically for you to say no you would not act this way... Ie: not all female bosses abuse their position or their employees lol!

17. Nasser

Nasser Well-Known Member

11%
    It doesn't matter if the boss was a male or a female. its the boss' leadership and qualifications that matter.

18. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    I can't speak for eLad...

But in my case, I'm simply stating that, overall, I've had more positive experiences working with men than women.

I never said that my experiences are representative of everyone else's experiences, so I'm not sure what you're upset about :)

19. Isabella

Orange Room Supporter

61%
    I'm not upset, what on earth gave you that impression lol?

I found your responses in this thread quite odd given what I know about your posting history, and you know perpetuating gender stereotypes and all :)

Was just pointing out that your personal experience and the conclusions you drew from it goes somewhat against the principles you defended so fiercely.

20. owsum

owsum Member

4%
    I'm a man and i prefer working under a male boss

No homo. Every woman I worked under had at the end be called a fat cow.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017