• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Maradona Vs Messi

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Pele 257 goals age 21 230-240 games
Maradona 144 goals age 21 202 games
Messi 114 goals age 22 199 games

Ataraxia

Yeh but Maradona scores half of those in some easier league. Messi's Barcelona record for instant is turning better than Maradona's record in any major club he played for.

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
I am puzzled as how some here can even compare Messi to Pele. Pele is a legend, and maybe never to be surpassed in the game's history. He was acclaimed the football player of the 20th century, and rightfully earned it.

Messi is a great player, so was Maradona in his days, but none of them can even come close to Pele. He's the only player ever to win 3 World Cups, and his record of 1087 goals, with an average of 0.97 goal per match makes him the undisputed icon of a game called Football/Soccer.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Pele 257 goals age 21 230-240 games
Maradona 144 goals age 21 202 games
Messi 114 goals age 22 199 games

Have you heard of Brian Clough? These numbers you showed would put the guy you never heard about on top of your list.

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
Messi is playing in a much more competitive football era than Maradona and Pele. players nowadays are much more athletic and skilful,
and I dont think that Maradona and Pele would be able to do what Messi is doing at our time.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Messi is playing in a much more competitive football era than Maradona and Pele. players nowadays are much more athletic and skilful,
and I dont think that Maradona and Pele would be able to do what Messi is doing at our time.

why? what do you know about their athletic and skills today if they had been playing today? They were not pushed the same way as players are being pushed today and we do not know how they would have responded today. So bottom line we do not know and we cannot compare a Lacoste to Federer

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
why? what do you know about their athletic and skills today if they had been playing today? They were not pushed the same way as players are being pushed today and we do not know how they would have responded today. So bottom line we do not know and we cannot compare a Lacoste to Federer

okay...2tana3it

AJ_812

diego maradona belonged to a different era than that of peles, so i take it, it would be fair to say to say that diego maradona was better than pele (and i beleive he was a million times better). Fifa just propagated pele because of his boy next door, clean cut image. untill Messi wins the world cup he has no right to be compared to diego maradona, even if he scores a 100 goals in al la liga season HE NEEDS TO WIN THE WORLD CUP people...

but even after that he will find it difficult to over come the Maradona phenomenon. Charachter and legend are not made of sun shine and roses ;-)

la illah illa allah and mardonna is the God of football!!!!!!!!!!!! for christ sake the guy has his own chucrh...

they shall not compare diego maradona to any player that was, is and will ever be!!!

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
diego maradona belonged to a different era than that of peles, so i take it, it would be fair to say to say that diego maradona was better than pele (and i beleive he was a million times better). Fifa just propagated pele because of his boy next door, clean cut image. untill Messi wins the world cup he has no right to be compared to diego maradona, even if he scores a 100 goals in al la liga season HE NEEDS TO WIN THE WORLD CUP people...

but even after that he will find it difficult to over come the Maradona phenomenon. Charachter and legend are not made of sun shine and roses ;-)

la illah illa allah and mardonna is the God of football!!!!!!!!!!!! for christ sake the guy has his own chucrh...

they shall not compare diego maradona to any player that was, is and will ever be!!!

really I am convinced with what you guys are saying now I wasnt being sarcastic hehe

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I am puzzled as how some here can even compare Messi to Pele. Pele is a legend, and maybe never to be surpassed in the game's history. He was acclaimed the football player of the 20th century, and rightfully earned it.

Messi is a great player, so was Maradona in his days, but none of them can even come close to Pele. He's the only player ever to win 3 World Cups, and his record of 1087 goals, with an average of 0.97 goal per match makes him the undisputed icon of a game called Football/Soccer.

Vego, it's Maradona Vs Messi thread.
I'm not comparing anyone to Pele, but some mentioned that Messi is a better player, I just stated some facts to view the big difference between the numbers of Pele and that of Maradona and Messi.

Now Messi can overtake Maradona, we should wait and see when he's completely over.
The key will always remain a world cup title.

An injury could happen anytime, look at Van basten for example.

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Yes Maradona is 100 times better than Pele.
He won Mexico using a divine hand, while Pele won Sweden, Chile and Mexico by luck.
It was a different era
:thumbsup:

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Yes Maradona is 100 times better than Pele.
He won Mexico using a divine hand, while Pele won Sweden, Chile and Mexico by luck.
It was a different era
:thumbsup:

Not to forget he was not even a shadow of himself in 1990, 4 years later, God's hand could not help him...

zodiac

Lionel Messi is Captain Majed!

orange infection

انضم مدرب منتخب الارجنتين لكرة القدم الاسطورة دييغو مارادوناالى لائحة المهللين للاداء الرائع الذي يقدمه مواطنه ليونيل ميسي مهاجم برشلونة الاسباني في الاونة الاخيرة وشبه ما يقوم به على أرض الملعب بمعجزات المسيح.

وكان ميسي "22 عاما" توج جهوده برباعية نادرة في مرمى أرسنال الانكليزي "4-1" في ربع نهائي دوري ابطال اوروبا لكرة القدم اول من امس الثلاثاء، ليتأهل برشلونة حامل اللقب الى نصف النهائي.

وقال مارادونا الى اذاعة "أف أم مترو" الارجنتينية أمس الاربعاء: "سأكون سعيدا اذا أحرز ليو "ميسي" كأس العالم وأصبح أفضل لاعب في التاريخ. مستواه غير عادي واداؤه يشبه معجزات المسيح. انه أفضل لاعب في العالم".

وجوابا على سؤال عما اذا أحرزت الارجنتين لقب المونديال المقبل واختير ميسي افضل لاعب في النهائيات، أجاب مارادونا: "ستنتهي المقارنة بين مارادونا وبيليه".

وتتفاوت الاراء عن هوية أفضل لاعب في التاريخ، لكنها تنحصر بين لاعبين، البرازيلي بيليه بطل العالم 3 مرات مع بلاده ومارادونا بطل العالم عام 1986 في المسكيك، لكن الاراء تكاثرت في الاونة الاخيرة معتبرة ان ميسي بحاجة الى لقب في المونديال كي يضع حدا لهذه المقارنة ويصبح الافضل على مر العصور.

وسجل ميسي 39 هدفا في 42 مباراة هذا الموسم، وهو يتصدر ترتيب هدافي الدوري الاسباني "26 هدفا" ودوري ابطال اوروبا لكرة القدم "8 أهداف".