Marcel Ghanem making fun of Nurses? [Attacked so much that he deleted his Twitter account]

Should Marcel Ghanem be, Finally, Taken Off The Air?

• Total voters
SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
Marcel Ghanem, on his show last night, made fun of a request from some nurses asking for help in getting lodging close to the hospitals they serve in since they can't go back home and risk infecting their families.

His is well known in licking his rich masters' boots and polishing the reputation of corrupt politicians and banks.

Do you support taking him off the air? Is it time for him to go? صار الوقت؟

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    enough of this mob mentality already.. as much as i dislike marcel and his method i wfont call for him to be taken off the air because he said something i disagree with..
    fukin snowflakes everywhere we look, chi b arrif

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    At first, I thought wow what a jerk.

But come to think of it, I think Marcel has a point. Doctors and nurses are acting holier than thou and pushing for unrealistic demands, when they're only doing their job.
    At least they're still getting paid. Some people like taxi drivers, shop owners, and people working in the hospitality industry will probably go broke by the end of this 1-month quarantine.

So did Marcel come off as insensitive? Maybe. But then again truth hurts.
    Should he be sacked? Definitely not. There's actually some truth to what he said.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    enough of this mob mentality already.. as much as i dislike marcel and his method infont call for him to be taken off the air because he said something i disagree with..
    It is not the first time he does this IM. If it was because of one incident then yeah, sure, you are right. But this guy is the symbol of corruption and "bought and paid for" media in Lebanon. He is a disgrace on so many levels! He has been misleading the people with blatant lies, for decades now!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is not the first time he does this IM. If it was because of one incident then yeah, sure, you are right. But this guy is the symbol of corruption and "bought and paid for" media in Lebanon. He is a disgrace on so many levels! He has been misleading the people with blatant lies, for decades now!
    chu khas symbol if corruption, the people only woke up to his sleaziness and corruption after he attacked the idea of housing fir the medical staff. in 30 years on the air, thats what they’re attacking him for.
    they’re attacking him fir the wrong reason, he has every right to express that opinion

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    chu khas symbol if corruption, the people only woke up to his sleaziness and corruption after he attacked the idea of housing fir the medical staff. in 30 years on the air, thats what they’re attacking him for.
    they’re attacking him fir the wrong reason, he has every right to express that opinion
    A lot of people know what he is but couldn't prove it (being paid etc..) I believe they took this opportunity to show his true colors.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I voted off with his head because I dislike him in general, most recently because of the glasses he's wearing as well as his stupid laugh 🙄. Dammo t2il l zalame ma byenta2

What he said was not that bad imo, it's more the rolling his eyes reaction that was uncalled for..

So yeah anyway don't really like him regardless of his opinions and that is why I picked the option I did

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Marcel Ghanem, on his show last night, made fun of a request from some nurses asking for help in getting lodging close to the hospitals they serve in since they can't go back home and risk infecting their families.

His is well known in licking his rich masters' boots and polishing the reputation of corrupt politicians and banks.

Do you support taking him off the air? Is it time for him to go? صار الوقت؟
    His view may not be popular. But he made a valid point. We are a broke country. Do doctors and nurses in other countries get housed near the hospitals where they work? I don't know.

It is also a valid point that the doctors and nurses pose a health risk to their own families and can potentially spread the virus. They also deserve to be well taken care of for sacrificing their own safety to take care of others. They should be rewarded bountifully. They deserve more than just a house. They are sacrificing their lives.

Marcel maybe wrong and he may have expressed himself aggressively, but I don't think we should capitalize on this to campaign that he loses his job.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    His view may not be popular. But he made a valid point. We are a broke country. Do doctors and nurses in other countries get housed near the hospitals where they work? I don't know.

It is also a valid point that the doctors and nurses pose a health risk to their own families and can potentially spread the virus. They also deserve to be well taken care of for sacrificing their own safety to take care of others. They should be rewarded bountifully. They deserve more than just a house. They are sacrificing their lives.

Marcel maybe wrong and he may have expressed himself aggressively, but I don't think we should capitalize on this to campaign that he loses his job.
    Valid points you make here. However and just so everyone reading this thread knows, no matter how many people ask for Marcel to lose his job, he won't as long as the banks are bankrolling his show and MTV with all their advertisements.

On a side note, what are those freakin' banks advertising for anyway? What services are they offering? No credit, no transfers, no mortgages, no car loans, on top of that they are losing your deposits with buying government bonds. Their advertisements are purely a bribe to the networks so that they can polish their image! Wake up people!

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    في خضم الحالة الصحية التي يعيشها لبنان والعالم، وقد خصّص الإعلام معظم برامجه للأمور المتعلّقة بها وللعاملين في القطاع، ورد في حلقة من برنامج "صار الوقت" للإعلامي مارسيل غانم بتاريخ 22 آذار 2020 ملاحظة للممرضات والممرضين الذين يطالبون المراجع المختصّة باستئجار منازل لهم قرب المستشفيات من أجل عدم نقل العدوى الى عائلاتهم معتبراً أنّ الأمر خارج إطار القدرة على التنفيذ. وعلى أثر ذلك تواصلت النقيبة مع الإعلامي مارسيل غانم ليتبيّن أنّه يكنّ كل الإحترام والتقدير للعاملين في المهنة، وقد كان له عدّة مواقف داعمة لهم ولعملهم، وقد أبدى كل سرور للتبرّعات التي حصل عليها الطاقم التمريضي عن حقّ وجدارة.

وتبيّن أنّ ما صدر عنه كان ردة فعل عما تناوله النائب الضيف نقلاً عن بعض الممرضات والممرضين وذلك لأنه اعتبر هذه المطالب تتخطّى القدرة الحالية وأولويات المرحلة الراهنة وتتخطّى إمكانات أي جهة أو مؤسسة إستشفائية، لكن لم يكن القصد توجيه أي إهانة للتمريض، وكل مواقفه السابقة خير دليل على ذلك وخاصة الكلام الذي قيل عند استضافة النقيبة وتحميلها تحية لكل ممرضات وممرضي لبنان.

وبالمقابل نقلت النقيبة للأستاذ مارسيل غانم انزعاج العاملين في التمريض الذين يبذلون طاقات استثنائية في هذا الظرف الدقيق وشرحت له أنّ مطلب الممرضات والممرضين هو من باب معاناتهم منذ أكثر من شهر وبُعدِهم المستمر عن عائلاتهم خوفاً من نقل العدوى إليهم.

وأخيراً وبعد الحصول على التوضيحات اللازمة تطلب النقيبة من جميع الممرضات والممرضين سحب الموضوع من التداول لكون المرحلة الراهنة تقتضي بذل الجهود في مكانها الصحيح وتوحيد الموقف بين كل شرائح المجتمع ومن بينها القطاع الإعلامي الذي يقوم بدور إيجابي وأساسي ويواكب جهود العاملين في القطاع الصحي وعلى رأسهم الممرضات والممرضين.

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    enough of this mob mentality already.. as much as i dislike marcel and his method i wfont call for him to be taken off the air because he said something i disagree with..
    L helo eno you're acting exactly like a snowflake.

dyyyy

dyyyy

I agree with one thing, it is kind of ironic that after everything Marcel Ghanem done, all the polishing for politicians and his propaganda, this is what he's going down for :D

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    I always thought Marcel to be a trash person

But i cant support censoring him

What he said about the nurses what was stupid and pretentiously ignorant, but thats what he is

He is part of this faux intellectual movement in many journalist circle jerk circles

You know, the ones where monkeys in suits pretend to be righteous smart humans on tv shows weekly to entertainment us

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    I always thought Marcel to be a trash person

But i cant support censoring him

What he said about the nurses what was stupid and pretentiously ignorant, but thats what he is

He is part of this faux intellectual movement in many journalist circle jerk circles

You know, the ones where monkeys in suits pretend to be righteous smart humans on tv shows weekly to entertainment us
    You only support censoring leftists and marxists eh? Wonder why.

dyyyy

dyyyy

Some posts right on point about the state of our journalists in lebanon