Breaking Marcel Ghanem to go to MTV

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
مارسيل غانم يترك الـLBCI والى الـMTV دُر...
خاص - الجمعة 16 آذار 2018 - 06:10 - ليبانون فايلز

في معلومات خاصة توفرت لموقع "ليبانون فايلز"، فقد علم ان الاعلامي مارسيل غانم، وقع عقداً مع محطة الـMTV ينتقل بموجبه من محطة الـ LBCI الى MTV بعد فترة، وبذلك يكون مارسيل غانم المشهور والمعروف بقدرته المميزة على ادارة البرامج والحوارات السياسية قد غادر تلفزيون المؤسسة اللبنانية للإرسال انترناشونال الى محطة الـMTV بعد سنوات عمله في المؤسسة في العام 1991 في برنامج كلام مسؤول، والذي انتقل في العام 1995 لإدارة برنامج كلام الناس الذي يبث مساء كل خميس من كل اسبوع حتى اليوم.
"كلام الناس" البرنامج السياسي اللامع الذي يقدمه اعلامي مميز سينتقل الى تلفزيون الـMTV، كيف ستكون تجربة مارسيل غانم للمرة الأولى خارج المؤسسة اللبنانية للإرسال، الاجابة ستكون قريبة عبر قناة الـMTV.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Wil he be able to showcase his rolex collection on Mtv too?

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well they're a match forged in the 8th circle of hell! But what happens to Walid abboud now? Or is mtv just bogarting all political show hosts?

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Maybe Abboud comes to OTV replacing Jean Aziz

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well they're a match forged in the 8th circle of hell! But what happens to Walid abboud now? Or is mtv just bogarting all political show hosts?
    Come on...Marcel is a great host. Can’t imagine LBC without him. I’m sure the ratings will drop.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Come on...Marcel is a great host. Can’t imagine LBC without him. I’m sure the ratings will drop.
    I'm not a fan, i actually can't watch him for more than 15 minutes... I think he benefited greatly from a lack of competition at his timeslot, and I much prefer Walid abboud if I am to pick one of the two lol!

D

Death To Google

Marcel is good when he want to be objective but hes often not.
    Plus trolls his guests way too often for a respectable host.
    Reminds me of the oroom :D

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    مارسيل غانم يترك الـLBCI والى الـMTV دُر...
    خاص - الجمعة 16 آذار 2018 - 06:10 - ليبانون فايلز

في معلومات خاصة توفرت لموقع "ليبانون فايلز"، فقد علم ان الاعلامي مارسيل غانم، وقع عقداً مع محطة الـMTV ينتقل بموجبه من محطة الـ LBCI الى MTV بعد فترة، وبذلك يكون مارسيل غانم المشهور والمعروف بقدرته المميزة على ادارة البرامج والحوارات السياسية قد غادر تلفزيون المؤسسة اللبنانية للإرسال انترناشونال الى محطة الـMTV بعد سنوات عمله في المؤسسة في العام 1991 في برنامج كلام مسؤول، والذي انتقل في العام 1995 لإدارة برنامج كلام الناس الذي يبث مساء كل خميس من كل اسبوع حتى اليوم.
    "كلام الناس" البرنامج السياسي اللامع الذي يقدمه اعلامي مميز سينتقل الى تلفزيون الـMTV، كيف ستكون تجربة مارسيل غانم للمرة الأولى خارج المؤسسة اللبنانية للإرسال، الاجابة ستكون قريبة عبر قناة الـMTV.
    Does he own the rights to kalam el nas or will he have to change the name in mtv

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not a fan, i actually can't watch him for more than 15 minutes... I think he benefited greatly from a lack of competition at his timeslot, and I much prefer Walid abboud if I am to pick one of the two lol!
    I am not fan of him neither, actually I am not fan of anyone, I hate everyone equally... I am a fair person :)
    However I consider him better than every other host, because when I used to watch those talk shows, I saw him very neutral and this is a feature. While others took the side of the party of the channel they are in

spacecreature

spacecreature

I am not fan of him neither, actually I am not fan of anyone, I hate everyone equally... I am a fair person :)
    However I consider him better than every other host, because when I used to watch those talk shows, I saw him very neutral and this is a feature. While others took the side of the party of the channel they are in
    I am not against neutrality but I value credibility a lot, so when your guest says something stupid n u let it pass or worse yet you receive a small boy politician (son of som1) and prep him up to make him look good on your show n ask him stupid easy questions n help him out, that does not make you look good.
    I have to agree with @Isabella I don't like him. Yes he has had a long successful career, and with time anyone can improve n get better (even Zaven is bearable now lol!) , it helps when there isnt much competition n you are allowed to learn n grow on your show. Today if after a couple episodes you don't prove yourself, they will replace you right away or cancel your show, not giving you time to get better.

PS: I think Samar on Al Jadeed is really good, and Josephine on OTV is not bad either.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Marcel ghanem is to objectivity what teflon is to neutrality, literally containing the world's second most acidic substance! Seriously the guy often interrupts guests that are opposed to his political views while letting others ramble on in nonsensical incoherent sentences! That's not the only issue I have with him, I think he has good presence on TV but other than that meh! Even if i am interested in listening to a particular politician talking about a specific subject on his show I could not tolerate the hell that is listening to his horrible laugh!

The guy is only considered the best because he's been at his timeslot without competition for more than 20 years! People are just used to him!

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not against neutrality but I value credibility a lot, so when your guest says something stupid n u let it pass or worse yet you receive a small boy politician (son of som1) and prep him up to make him look good on your show n ask him stupid easy questions n help him out, that does not make you look good.
    I have to agree with @Isabella I don't like him. Yes he has had a long successful career, and with time anyone can improve n get better (even Zaven is bearable now lol!) , it helps when there isnt much competition n you are allowed to learn n grow on your show. Today if after a couple episodes you don't prove yourself, they will replace you right away or cancel your show, not giving you time to get better.

PS: I think Samar on Al Jadeed is really good, and Josephine on OTV is not bad either.
    Marcel ghanem is to objectivity what teflon is to neutrality, literally containing the world's second most acidic substance! Seriously the guy often interrupts guests that are opposed to his political views while letting others ramble on in nonsensical incoherent sentences! That's not the only issue I have with him, I think he has good presence on TV but other than that meh! Even if i am interested in listening to a particular politician talking about a specific subject on his show I could not tolerate the hell that is listening to his horrible laugh!

The guy is only considered the best because he's been at his timeslot without competition for more than 20 years! People are just used to him!

Let me say that my assessment is based very old experience. It has been at least 10+years since I last watched him.
    In the Hariri crisis I watched only excerpts and didn't find something shocking, I found that he was neutral by bringing people from both sides. Now I agree that he failed on the moral level defending his own country but if you attack Macron in front of france2 anchor he will not get revolted but he will ask you why are you doing it.
    I repeat that I am not a fan but I don't see him bad and I think he played his role well.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Let me say that my assessment is based very old experience. It has been at least 10+years since I last watched him.
    In the Hariri crisis I watched only excerpts and didn't find something shocking, I found that he was neutral by bringing people from both sides. Now I agree that he failed on the moral level defending his own country but if you attack Macron in front of france2 anchor he will not get revolted but he will ask you why are you doing it.
    I repeat that I am not a fan but I don't see him bad and I think he played his role well.
    Kif he was not bad? He shut a guy up to let a Saudi spew all kinds of filth about Lebanon and the Lebanese! If that's the standard by which you call people objective I don't know what to tell you dude! He was the epitome of bias during that episode! Paula yaacoubian interviewing hariri in Saudi Arabia was a lot more objective and she had every reason not to be!

W you're comparing Lebanon to France really ??? Let's continue the comparison tough shall we... When have you ever witnessed a political show host laugh in the face of his guest or interject with nonsense or shut his guest up to give more airtime to another opponent?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Kif he was not bad? He shut a guy up to let a Saudi spew all kinds of filth about Lebanon and the Lebanese! If that's the standard by which you call people objective I don't know what to tell you dude! He was the epitome of bias during that episode! Paula yaacoubian interviewing hariri in Saudi Arabia was a lot more objective and she had every reason not to be!

W you're comparing Lebanon to France really ??? Let's continue the comparison tough shall we... When have you ever witnessed a political show host laugh in the face of his guest or interject with nonsense or shut his guest up to give more airtime to another opponent?
    Did you read what I wrote?
    I didn't see the whole episode. Only passages.
    I am not debating with you.
    I am no fan neither, I am only telling my own assessment based on old experience.
    Probably he changed during that time, he got more arrogant.
    But since he lasted 27 years and still going on, this would tell you something.
    You might not like Larry King on CNN especially that he had 7 spouses :) but his show lasted 25 years.
    I usually prefer a neutral host eventhough sometime "neutrality" might be ill placed over a biased partisan host who interrupts his guests because they are not aligned with his political views.
    Now if you tell me Ghanem had become like that in the last years, I will tell you I don't know because I was not following him.
    But up until 2005 I was not seeing problems in his way of managing discussion.

That's it...

spacecreature

spacecreature

Paula Yaacoubian, really, we are going there?!!! You deserve a green troll face just for that! It discredited your whole point ;)
    I cant beleive she has the audacity to show her face again let alone be a candidate for the coming elections! If that is the sort of women that want to join politics, Id rather have an all men's club thank you very much.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Paula Yaacoubian, really, we are going there?!!! You deserve a green troll face just for that! It discredited your whole point ;)
    I cant beleive she has the audacity to show her face again let alone be a candidate for the coming elections! If that is the sort of women that want to join politics, Id rather have an all men's club thank you very much.
    Exactly! She's been fervently pro-Hariri all her life, going as far as fooling the Lebanese audience with her Riyadh interview.
    And now come the elections, she suddenly wants to convince everyone she's part of the civic society, that she's had enough of all politicians...

She's a greedy attention seeker. Can't stand her.

Hypocritical women shouldn't jump on the women empowerment bandwagon. It's about qualification not gender.

I'd rather have no women in the parliament than people like Paulette Yagobian.

D

Death To Google

Exactly! She's been fervently pro-Hariri all her life, going as far as fooling the Lebanese audience with her Riyadh interview.
    And now come the elections, she suddenly wants to convince everyone she's part of the civic society, that she's had enough of all politicians...
    Paula acted more like spy in that interview. She knew what she was doing, passing Hariri info about whats happening in Lebanon as she asked him the questions. At least she knew enough to play this role.