Maronite Patriarch calls for ‘active neutrality’ to unite and save Lebanon

Do you support the Neutrality pact proposed by Patriarch al Rahi ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Neutrality doesn't mean you have to be weak. It means that you don't have to fight in Yemen to boost Iran's regional plans... It means that you don't have to massacre Syrian children and women to save a tyrant called Bashar. It means that you don't have to attack friendly nations (e.g: gulf countries) to please Iranians.
Neutrality means using your strength defensively for your country's interest and not to advance a foreign axis/agenda.

The patriarch never called to sit idle if Lebanon is under attack. We will defend ourselves if attacked, but we don't wanna engage in hostile actions against other nations at the expense of our national interests.
intervention in Syria was necessary so that we don't have to fight daesh in Lebaon, it spared lebanon a war, disregarding if daesh would have been able to take over part or whole of lebanon. what is certain, is that they would have attacked on all possible fronts, external and internal

As for yemen and iraq, I think HA sent experts and not real force as in syria. so you can't say this is a real intervention.
So the neutrality claim of Rahi is baseless

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Come back to your Lebanese
This is not about your sect, but your geopolitical affiliation and its repercussions on this country and our lives.

You are not a measure of our Lebanese-ness. We do not need certificates from you to confirm our identity. This approach is the very reason why we will NEVER reach compromise with your likes. You think you are above and have the right to lord it upon others.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You are not a measure of our Lebanese-ness. We do not need certificates from you to confirm our identity. This approach is the very reason why we will NEVER reach compromise with your likes. You think you are above and have the right to lord it upon others.

Practice what you preach.

You and your allies got nothing to offer for this country
not even a plan for our dire situation.
Your model has failed and here we are completely out of control of our destiny
waiting for a deal to be struck between Iran and the US while we suffer.

Come to your Lebanese my friend
your mission has failed.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Rahi doesnt represent any political party or view. He represents the Maronite church. Just the way we criticize the Mufti for covering up for thieves and interfering in politics, the same way the patriarch would be criticized by ordinary people for promoting treachery and covering up for thieves. All of a sudden sectarian thieves love Rahi. What does that indicate? The criticism is in place. If he wants to dirty his religious garb for the sake of impressing anyone politically, or for whatever interests (external or internal) then he should be ready to look dirty. It is his choice. If he thinks he has any special place and can impose his will or views on the rest of the country, then he is mistaken. We arent a Christian country. To be as an ordinary Lebanese citizen who is non Maronite, Rahi is a nobody to me. The constitution states there is no state religion or the state has no official religion, even though majority of Lebanese are Muslims. Otherwise, the Head of the Surpeme Shia Islamic Council would also have to be obeyed and to be heard. Rahi is not the only spiritual leader in the country. So he should respect himself and respect the fact that there are others too like him that can drag him to the mud if he persists with and thinks he can impose his unguarded utterances, provocative stance and bias views. He is free to believe whatever. But he has no right to impose anything on anyone, otherwise he would be resisted.

Last edited:

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Practice what you preach.

You and your allies got nothing to offer for this country
not even a plan for our dire situation.
Your model has failed and here we are completely out of control of our destiny
waiting for a deal to be struck between Iran and the US while we suffer.

Come to your Lebanese my friend
your mission has failed.

No our mission has not failed. And we do have a plan. Your treacherous leaders and barking dogs who think if we dont lean westward, politically and economically, they would become politically irrelevant are the ones who dont think we have a plan. What we lack is political consensus and will. We wont go hungry. The world no longer revolves around the US, as much as you'd want to convince us it does.

Once we have a willful and effective government and the parliamentary majority comes to a decision to turn eastward, we will become a better country economically and technologically. It is the will that is needed to tell America and its rogue minions and anyone who think he can send us hungry to literally f u c k off.

We will rebuild our port, we will drill for oil and gas with Russian, Iranian and Chinese hands, we will revive our economy, we will get fuel and light and so much more. The US doesnt have a switch to our oxygen supply. We can shun them if they try or imagine they can punish us economically and send us hungry. You and your likes should stop barking.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
How did HA intervention in Syria hurt Lebanon ?
anyone care to explain ???
Would you have preferred to fight daesh in jounieh and jbeil ?
For the Chuck Norris(es) of the forum, wouldn't be better to fight the apes in deir ezzor and idlib, and spare fighting inside our cities?

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No our mission has not failed. And we do have a plan. Your treacherous leaders and barking dogs who think if we dont lean westward, politically and economically, they would become politically irrelevant are the ones who dont think we have a plan. What we lack is political consensus and will. We wont go hungry. The world no longer revolves around the US, as much as you'd want to convince us it does.

Once we have a willful and effective government and the parliamentary majority comes to a decision to turn eastward, we will become a better country economically and technologically. It is the will that is needed to tell America and its rogue minions and anyone who think he can send us hungry to literally f u c k off.

We will rebuild our port, we will drill for oil and gas with Russian, Iranian and Chinese hands, we will revive our economy, we will get fuel and light and so much more. The US doesnt have a switch to our oxygen supply. We can shun them if they try or imagine they can punish us economically and send us hungry. You and your likes should stop barking.

You need to realize that the majority of the Lebanese reject your proposition
We propose neutrality.
Good relationship with the West and the east.

If you don't agree with the above
then you're taking us to civil war and maybe partitioning.

I think partitioning is a great idea
run your own Shiite state, once the Lebanese shi3a realize the big mistake they've done, they'll denounce you and come back to their lebanese and reunite the nation.

Good luck.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
It is obvious that different parts of our Lebanon are not compatible to live together. We're so different culturally, religiously, and even where it comes to allegiances. Some people prefer to advance foreign agendas before their national interests, while patriots who call for putting the national interest first get accused of treachery. Really astonishing.

Something like federalism or partition should be seriously proposed. To each his own Lebanon. This way, those who want Lebanon's own prosperity can achieve that, and those who wants to turn their part into foreigners' playground can enjoy their miserable failed state.

Just the same way they don't want us to impose our views on them, they don't have the right to impose the results of their views and "ideological" connections on us.

We need a permanent solution, else civil wars are bound to happen over and over again.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
You need to realize that the majority of the Lebanese reject your proposition
We propose neutrality.
Good relationship with the West and the east.

If you don't agree with the above
then you're taking us to civil war and maybe partitioning.

I think partitioning is a great idea
run your own Shiite state, once the Lebanese shi3a realize the big mistake they've done, they'll denounce you and come back to their lebanese and reunite the nation.

Good luck.

The majority of Lebanese are represented in the parliament. And the majority in parliament are Hezballah allies from all sects. You, and those Gmayyel rats do not represent the majority of Lebanese. You are the ones acting as renegades and insurgents. You are the ones acting against the state and against the democratic process. You want to undo democratic election in 2018. This is simply treason in other countries and they would have been picked up and thrown into prison by a strong state.

You want to speak about the majority of Lebanese? Wait till 2022. Convince people to vote for you and get the majority. Then you can make big claims about speaking in the name of the majority of Lebanese. Presently you do not. And you know you will not even if we hold election tomorrow.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The majority of Lebanese are represented in the parliament. And the majority in parliament are Hezballah allies from all sects. You, and those Gmayyel rats do not represent the majority of Lebanese. You are the ones acting as renegades and insurgents. You are the ones acting against the state and against the democratic process. You want to undo democratic election in 2018. This is simply treason in other countries and they would have been picked up and thrown into prison by a strong state.

You want to speak about the majority of Lebanese? Wait till 2022. Convince people to vote for you and get the majority. Then you can make big claims about speaking in the name of the majority of Lebanese. Presently you do not. And you know you will not even if we hold election tomorrow.

Parliament is worth shit
you have political majority with 45% turnout, true

But such proposition requires a referendum, and the people have to vote.
lak even your closest allies will reject what you're offering.

If you think Aoun represents what his base really want, you're being delusional.
With all my critisim for Berri
i salute him for protecting the Lebanese shi3a from total persian takeover.
He's keeping you in check.
Bravo.

Weezy

Legendary Member
When people are calling their fellow Lebanese i7tilel Iraneh, this is a call to war. And I, as a Shia, not affiliated with any party feels targeted and offended. And I will stand by my sect to defend itself against all these rogue voices and treacherous snakes, even if it means all out war from within and outside and we would have to witness a fight between two camps like in Syria - between the axis of the resistance against the Zio-Wahhabi camp. That is to put it short and direct. There are are some people, like the Gmayyel rats who dont want to respect others and they dont want to behave their size.

So if turkey decides to fully arm and fund Sunnites in Lebanon, you will not complain from Turkish interference nor dare call it i7tilel?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Parliament is worth shit
you have political majority with 45% turnout, true

But such proposition requires a referendum, and the people have to vote.
lak even your closest allies will reject what you're offering.

If you think Aoun represents what his base really want, you're being delusional.
With all my critisim for Berri
i salute him for protecting the Lebanese shi3a from total persian takeover.
He's keeping you in check.
Bravo.

Let us hold a referendum on any major issues and let people decide (after awareness campaigns) on whatever decision and I, personally will respect the will of the majority of Lebanese.

Let us have a one district electoral law based on proportionality and non sectarian and let us implement Taef completely. Then the people can vote from anywhere for anyone regardless of which regions they come from and what their sect is. The solutions to empower the people and let the people decide freely and fairly are obvious. Let us implement them.

You cant also cry about 45% turn out. If people choose not to vote, that is also a political choice they are making. If you dont vote, you cant complain against those who vote. And the turn out was low in all sects.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Let us hold a referendum on any major issues and let people decide (after awareness campaigns) on whatever decision and I, personally will respect the will of the majority of Lebanese.

Let us have a one district electoral law based on proportionality and non sectarian and let us implement Taef completely. Then the people can vote from anywhere for anyone regardless of which regions they come from and what their sect is. The solutions to empower the people and let the people decide freely and fairly are obvious. Let us implement them.

You cant also cry about 45% turn out. If people choose not to vote, that is also a political choice they are making. If you dont vote, you cant complain against those who vote. And the turn out was low in all sects.

We're ready for the referendum
Let your President set it in motion.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
So if turkey decides to fully arm and fund Sunnites in Lebanon, you will not complain from Turkish interference nor dare call it i7tilel?

Everyone is armed in Lebanon. Stop the deception. The weapons foreign powers are whining about are not the weapons that can be used internally. They are the weapons that can pin pointedly target the Knesset, the Zionist ministry of war, the Zionist airports, seaports and important infrastructure. If Turkey is going to arm you, the question would be for what. If Turkey is going to arm you with heavy weapons in order that you would join us hand in hand to resist the Zionists or even to free Palestine, I am in support of Turkey arming Sunnis in Lebanon. But if they're arming you in order to fight your fellow Lebanese on behalf of Israehell and weaken our strength against Zionist threats, like some regional countries tried doing before May 7, then your intentions and motives are evil and will not be agreeable.

Weezy

Legendary Member
Everyone is armed in Lebanon. Stop the deception. The weapons foreign powers are whining about are not the weapons that can be used internally. They are the weapons that can pin pointedly target the Knesset, the Zionist ministry of war, the Zionist airports, seaports and important infrastructure. If Turkey is going to arm you, the question would be for what. If Turkey is going to arm you with heavy weapons in order that you would join us hand in hand to resist the Zionists or even to free Palestine, I am in support of Turkey arming Sunnis in Lebanon. But if they're arming you in order to fight your fellow Lebanese on behalf of Israehell and weaken our strength against Zionist threats, like some regional countries tried doing before May 7, then your intentions and motives are evil and will not be agreeable.

You don’t get the privilege of knowing the purpose of this weapons just as HA didn’t consult anyone when getting armed. They also don’t consult anyone in the manner they use their weapons.

We may use it to fight the zionists or we may use it to support Turkey’s invasion in Syria or Libya.

So if Turkey starts sending heavy arms to Sunnites and spends 100s of millions of dollars on Islamising the Sunnite communities, you don’t have the moral highground to complain or object.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Who is "we" and what topics do you want referendum on?

We (the treacherous snakes)
ie anyone who disagrees with you as per your own definition.

The topics should include:
* Should all armed forces be exclusively under the control of the Lebanese state and voted authorities (Yes/No)
* Do you support active neutrality and disassociation from all regional and global axis and conflicts (Yes/No)

Rafidi

Legendary Member
You don’t get the privilege of knowing the purpose of this weapons just as HA didn’t consult anyone when getting armed. They also don’t consult anyone in the manner they use their weapons.

We may use it to fight the zionists or we may use it to support Turkey’s invasion in Syria or Libya.

So if Turkey starts sending heavy arms to Sunnites and spends 100s of millions of dollars on Islamising the Sunnite communities, you don’t have the moral highground to complain or object.

This sounds childish.

If I am under the threat of invasions and occupations, I will decide to defend myself and get the means from anywhere. I wont wait for your approval. The state that was responsible to defend and protect us did not. There was a state that was resigned from its duties. We dont need to remind you of this every day. You know this.

If you want to fight Turkey's wars in Syria and Libya, you are free to go to Turkey and get trained and get armed and go to Syria and Libya. You already tried it in Syria and failed. Dont try to impress us here that you did not already try that. You did and bodies were returning to Tripoli and Akkar from Syria. Your a s s e s got whooped. Allah did not grant you victory. Allah favoured your enemies with victory. If you choose to go to Libya too, you are free. We will welcome your dead bodies and bury them in your villages after Sisi's army and Egytian allied forces in Libya whip you. Dont forget that the largest Sunni party in Lebanon was taking part in the Syrian war and "sharing Pampers and milk" to terrorists. The same party that reminds us that Rafiq Hariri promoted learning among the youth. One of its MPs had an operation room in Turkey. Your cowardice and losses dont prove your innocence. You are not innocent. You got whooped. And you guys have no reason to whine or cry. You are only complaining or acting victimized as a way to further the war you started against your fellow Lebanese on sectarian grounds and based on foreign tutelage handed over to you. Perhaps, if Rafiq Hariri was alive you guys wont have been used and you wont have strayed away from supporting the resistance and standing by your fellow Lebanese.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
We (the treacherous snakes)
ie anyone who disagrees with you as per your own definition.

The topics should include:
* Should all armed forces be exclusively under the control of the Lebanese state and voted authorities (Yes/No)
* Do you support active neutrality and disassociation from all regional and global axis and conflicts (Yes/No)

Your first question is already on a stupid premise. At face value, I want all weapons, including kitchen knives, to be under state control.

What you first need to ask is this: should the Lebanese government arm the Lebanese military with nuclear warheads? This is the type of question you need to get approval for first. Once you do the necessary and the army is so strong, then Hezballah will tell you they are looking up to you.

You cant put out a question that is sugar coated and asking if your fellow Lebanese should commit suicide or not. That is silly. No one would disagree on all weapons coming under state control. I want that too.

Referendums mostly are based on political decisions. The second question sounds political. But there must be details what this neutrality entails. Would we have UN protection if Israehell chooses to violate our sovereignty? If we are to become a neutral state, like Finland, we would need our neighbors first of all to accept and respect that neutrality and for the world to enforce it. You dont come to preach neutrality when you dont even understand what it means. Neutrality without outside support, acceptance and enforcement means surrender. And that is what Mr Patriarch is calling for.

Last edited:

NewLeb

What are you smoking? They’ve been doing just that the last several years....