• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Maronite Patriarch calls for ‘active neutrality’ to unite and save Lebanon

Do you support the Neutrality pact proposed by Patriarch al Rahi ?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
NewLeb

NewLeb

Hezbollah is still too cocky to consider neutrality. This is mostly because of their self-proclaimed “divine victory” against Israel in 2006. But let’s face it, the Jews were too nice with Hezbollah in that war, so it left the latter with a major (and disillusioned) sense of pride.

What Israel could have done was carpet bomb the entirety of South Lebanon until nothing moved, and then salt the whole region so that nothing could grow for at least a few decades. I’m sure the Shiite community would reconsider neutrality after something like that. But starvation also works!

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    we believe in a Lebanon that is open to all countries and cultures
    A country where everyone regardless of their religion, political beliefs or orientations can leave in peace and freedom.
    This the model that Bkerki is defending.
    By threatening your fellow Lebanese with blood? Does Bkerki support these threats - about shedding blood of Lebanese - that are being cloaked with the name of Bkerki? These are serious threats and remarks that Bkerki should not allow anyone to use its name to issue them under it.

whoever decides to come and imposes his culture on us
    or tries to change that image that we chose for ourselves will be fought.. with immense ferocity.
    You've been repeating this:
    "Impose his culture on us"

Can you explain which culture is being imposed on you? And who is imposing it and how?

For example, are you now forced to commemorate Ashura and dress in Black? Or are you forced to fast during Ramadan? What exactly do you mean?

All I see are empty threats and empty slogans. Just like fart: hot air.

mikeys71

mikeys71

تحت حجة محاربة اسرائيل
    دمروا لبنان وسوريا والعراق واليمن ونشروا التخلّف والمذهبية والعنصرية
    #نعم_لحياد_لبنان

J

Joe Lebanon

Iran has enough issues. Iran is like a one man army. And the entire world is hanging up against Iran for its political views, thanks to US pressure. If there were opportunities in Iran and less burden on Iran, we would go to Iran. It is all about opportunities.

Also, not all of us are migrating to the West. Many go to Latin America, Africa and even Asia and other Middle Eastern countries. So it is all about opportunities. We, as a people, regardless of sectarian or political affiliation/influence want to work and live a dignified life. We arent fighting and crying because we love to die. We want to live in peace and security and in dignity.

I am of the opinion that the West should offer no financial aid to the ruling class or to the government of Lebanon. If they are truly the friends of the Lebanese people and they dont intend to harm or hurt us, then they should find solution for the people and break the grip politicians have on us as people. The people cant be the victims in the middle of political tussles. Otherwise, if they put economic pressure and the people suffer the consequences, we would naturally side with our country and govt and see whoever is causing the people harm, whether internally or externally as an enemy. Whatever help that they want to offer should go to the people directly or indirectly, whether through supervised projects or through whatever form of aid.

Our elite are arrogant and have a high sense of entitlement in milking the people. They are holding the people to ransom. The greatest help and love and respect the West can show to the Lebanese people is to offer us visa free travel and work opportunities to their countries. We are a hard working people and we do love life and want to succeed, prosper and live a good life. Our politicians divide state jobs among themselves and offer these jobs to their party loyalists for peanuts. These same party loyalists are turned into foot soldiers and sent to the streets to block roads and burn tyres in times of crisis and political deadlock. The greatest slap these leaders could receive is to weaken their grip over the Lebanese people by giving opportunities and free movement to the people to work abroad. Every serious minded and educated Lebanese is still in Lebanon because they lack the opportunities to leave. The EU grants Turkey a country of over 80 million, visa free travel for Turks. The EU and other western countries in need of labor like Canada and Australia can offer Lebanon, a country of 4 million visa free travel and work permit. Even if not for every Lebanese, at least to those with a university degree or with vocational training and years of work experience. No amount of aid to our rulers will let them provide us with good paying jobs in Lebanon based on merits. Any job they provide people they expect some political leverage in return to enable them monopolize power for their entire lifespan. Their main resource is the Lebanese people who they are holding to ransom and exploiting.

So as a people, we look for opportunities abroad irrespective of east or west. If today North korea can provide economic opportunities, be sure that the Lebanese will among the first people to migrate to North Korea. We just want to live a dignified life.
    You wrote a whole book to respond but completely missed the mark. The availability of opportunity is related to the system in place in that country. You are trying to emulate the failing Iranian system which leads to a lack of opportunity. We are looking to emulate a Western system based on freedom and the rule of law which leads to opportunities.

J

Joe Lebanon

Akhbar Iranian Bouq accused the Patriarch of treason

البطريرك يسوّق للسلام مع العدو ويتماهى مع الدعاية الاسرائيلية ضد المقاومة

listen to this traitor!
    1598655669896.jpeg

V

Viral

So our Patriarch is flirting with Turkey's kid to make Saudi Arabia jealous?

Is that a clergyman's job to play politics when even our politicians are not allowed to do their job? Or maybe Rai classified himself a holy technocrat?
    Looking back at Rai coming to the rescue of Riad Salameh one might think he's defending a guilty Maronite figure which is as shameful as Frangieh and Geagea defending their own fuel mafias but if Rai is the guy who feels obligated to defend his congregation, how come he's not defending the President rather worse, conspiring against him? Could it be the money? His venture monies? GMA rolling out forensic audit while Salameh's trying to patch the holes...
    Come think of it, how did the Church become so wealthy? Was that from its Sunday mass parishioner's donations?
    Maybe Berri, Geagea and Jumblatt are not that bad after all…
    I know Rai's stooges monitor this thread. My advice to you: Initiate damage control ASAP and find a way to deny Turkey's kid claim just like you made Rai deny his adoption to Trump and the Zionist agenda before it's too late. You are losing your credibility among your own people in a hurry and irresponsibly embarrassing them..

I’m sorry @Jacques Hirac I had to say it before other did…:cool:

ليبانون فايلز - أبرز العناوين | أخبار محليّة
    بهاء الحريري: أعتزم القيادة في خدمة بلدي

الجمعة ٢٨ آب ٢٠٢٠ - 19:03

كشف رجل الأعمال بهاء الحريري انّه يعمل مع البطريرك مار بشارة بطرس الراعي، وكذلك قادة المجتمع المدني اللبناني، لمحاولة إيجاد رئيس وزراء ومجلس وزراء يمكن أن يتعاملوا مع التحدي المزدوج لإنهاء الفساد في لبنان ونزع سلاح حزب الله.

وقال الحريري في حديث لـ"The Globe and Mail": "لقد قادنا حزب الله وأمراء الحرب وكل من دعمهم على مدى السنوات الخمس عشرة الماضية إلى الهاوية.

وأكد أن "الخريطة السياسية تغيرت جذريا في لبنان بعد انفجار المرفأ الذي يلقي الكثير من اللبنانيين باللوم فيه على ثقافة الفساد التي سمحت بتواجد كمية من نترات الأمونيوم من دون رقابة في مستودع لمدة ست سنوات، بالاضافة الى حكم الإدانة الصادر عن المحكمة الخاصة في لاهاي في قضية استشهاد والدي".

ولفت الحريري الى انّ "غالبية المجتمع المسيحي ضد حزب الله، والمجتمع السني ضده، وكذلك المجتمع المدني وجميع المعتدلين من جميع الأديان الأخرى ضده ايضا. لذلك، لم نعد أقلية، بل نحن الأغلبية اليوم". مشيرا الى انّ "كل من عمل مع حزب الله على مدى 15 عامًا منذ استشهاد والدي يجب أن يكونوا خارج السلطة "كلن يعني كلن"."

وقال الحريري: "رئاسة الحكومة يجب ألا تذهب إلى تكنوقراطي مجهول ويفتقر إلى الجاذبية الشعبية، وأنا أعتزم القيادة في خدمة بلدي بطريقة أو بأخرى".

وتمنى بهاء الحريري التوفيق لماكرون في مساعيه لتشجيع الإصلاحات في لبنان، لكنّه شدّد على وجوب أن يحل اللبنانيون أنفسهم مشاكل لبنان. وقال: "إن رؤية والدي كانت الفصل بين الدين والسياسة بحيث تأتي الأولوية للكفاءة والجدارة وليس المصالح الطائفية".

ولكن فيما يتعلق بالسؤال الرئيسي حول كيفية إقناع حزب الله بنزع سلاحه وتخفيف قبضته على السياسة اللبنانية، قال الحريري: "هذا ليس قرار حزب الله، هم لا يتخذون القرارات بل طهران هي التي تتخذها. ولكن في نهاية المطاف نحن شعب لبنان واكتفينا من هذا الوضع".

Jacques Hirac

Jacques Hirac

You're forgiven. 🤣
    However, Bahaa isn't.. How dare he make our beloved peaceful patriarch complicit in his schemes to "blow up the country in September".
    I think patriarch Rai should make it clear that he plays no part in such ploys.
    Besides, what is Bahaa's supposed role in government formation anyways? He's not even an MP.. Does it make any sense to have the head of the Maronite church and a businessman who happens to be the brother of a former prime minister to be deciding on the naming of a new prime minister and on a strategy to confiscate the weapons of a militia?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    You wrote a whole book to respond but completely missed the mark. The availability of opportunity is related to the system in place in that country. You are trying to emulate the failing Iranian system which leads to a lack of opportunity. We are looking to emulate a Western system based on freedom and the rule of law which leads to opportunities.
    We dont lack opportunities and we dont reject opportunities.

I am asking the West to empower us as a people. Give us free entry into Western countries and the right to work or permanent residency.

You cant be suffocating us as a people while claiming you love us. If you have problem with our leaders, you can also seize their stolen or illicit billions and help the people. No one is against opportunities. You are the one that doesnt get the point. What we are against is exploitation and an abusive relationship. We are against Western nations asking us to naturalize Palestinian and Syrian refugees or to give away our country or to remain weak and helpless. You dont have a problem the demands of foreign countries are carried out at the expense of only a segment of Lebanese. That is how selfish and self centred you are. We arent against having excellent relations with Western nations that are beneficial to both sides and mutualistic. But how can we have excellent relations when/if we end up without a country?

Last edited:
    Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

So our Patriarch is flirting with Turkey's kid to make Saudi Arabia jealous?

Is that a clergyman's job to play politics when even our politicians are not allowed to do their job? Or maybe Rai classified himself a holy technocrat?
    Looking back at Rai coming to the rescue of Riad Salameh one might think he's defending a guilty Maronite figure which is as shameful as Frangieh and Geagea defending their own fuel mafias but if Rai is the guy who feels obligated to defend his congregation, how come he's not defending the President rather worse, conspiring against him? Could it be the money? His venture monies? GMA rolling out forensic audit while Salameh's trying to patch the holes...
    Come think of it, how did the Church become so wealthy? Was that from its Sunday mass parishioner's donations?
    Maybe Berri, Geagea and Jumblatt are not that bad after all…
    I know Rai's stooges monitor this thread. My advice to you: Initiate damage control ASAP and find a way to deny Turkey's kid claim just like you made Rai deny his adoption to Trump and the Zionist agenda before it's too late. You are losing your credibility among your own people in a hurry and irresponsibly embarrassing them..

ليبانون فايلز - أبرز العناوين | أخبار محليّة
    بهاء الحريري: أعتزم القيادة في خدمة بلدي

الجمعة ٢٨ آب ٢٠٢٠ - 19:03

كشف رجل الأعمال بهاء الحريري انّه يعمل مع البطريرك مار بشارة بطرس الراعي، وكذلك قادة المجتمع المدني اللبناني، لمحاولة إيجاد رئيس وزراء ومجلس وزراء يمكن أن يتعاملوا مع التحدي المزدوج لإنهاء الفساد في لبنان ونزع سلاح حزب الله.

وقال الحريري في حديث لـ"The Globe and Mail": "لقد قادنا حزب الله وأمراء الحرب وكل من دعمهم على مدى السنوات الخمس عشرة الماضية إلى الهاوية.

وأكد أن "الخريطة السياسية تغيرت جذريا في لبنان بعد انفجار المرفأ الذي يلقي الكثير من اللبنانيين باللوم فيه على ثقافة الفساد التي سمحت بتواجد كمية من نترات الأمونيوم من دون رقابة في مستودع لمدة ست سنوات، بالاضافة الى حكم الإدانة الصادر عن المحكمة الخاصة في لاهاي في قضية استشهاد والدي".

ولفت الحريري الى انّ "غالبية المجتمع المسيحي ضد حزب الله، والمجتمع السني ضده، وكذلك المجتمع المدني وجميع المعتدلين من جميع الأديان الأخرى ضده ايضا. لذلك، لم نعد أقلية، بل نحن الأغلبية اليوم". مشيرا الى انّ "كل من عمل مع حزب الله على مدى 15 عامًا منذ استشهاد والدي يجب أن يكونوا خارج السلطة "كلن يعني كلن"."

وقال الحريري: "رئاسة الحكومة يجب ألا تذهب إلى تكنوقراطي مجهول ويفتقر إلى الجاذبية الشعبية، وأنا أعتزم القيادة في خدمة بلدي بطريقة أو بأخرى".

وتمنى بهاء الحريري التوفيق لماكرون في مساعيه لتشجيع الإصلاحات في لبنان، لكنّه شدّد على وجوب أن يحل اللبنانيون أنفسهم مشاكل لبنان. وقال: "إن رؤية والدي كانت الفصل بين الدين والسياسة بحيث تأتي الأولوية للكفاءة والجدارة وليس المصالح الطائفية".

ولكن فيما يتعلق بالسؤال الرئيسي حول كيفية إقناع حزب الله بنزع سلاحه وتخفيف قبضته على السياسة اللبنانية، قال الحريري: "هذا ليس قرار حزب الله، هم لا يتخذون القرارات بل طهران هي التي تتخذها. ولكن في نهاية المطاف نحن شعب لبنان واكتفينا من هذا الوضع".

The arrogance at which these so called (unelected) leaders like Bahaa and Rahi speak makes one doubt if there are millions of Lebanese people in existence. It feels like the people domt exist and have no say in their fate or country and these men are the ones who would decide on their behalf and impose on them.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    This part is a must see!
    Let the true Christians not the Zionists among them reflect and see the truth!

Can you help me determine if I am a true Christian or a Zionist first?
    I am not sure if i qualify to watch reflect and see the truth

V

Viral

And the idiots think they've never been betrayed before. Not in Iraq. Not in Syria. Not in Egypt and above it all Not in Lebanon when the US marines just like the Israelis cut in ran and let their allies hang to dry...
    Idiots by nature never learn...

Drama Queen

Drama Queen

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This part is a must see!
    Let the true Christians not the Zionists among them reflect and see the truth!

Mazbout. Rather than seek partition, we should aim for a fairer country that cares for all its citizens.
    That's in a ideal world. But what if Christians don't want to be part of the "me7war el mumena3a".
    Do they have a say in that?

PS: Bouchra Al Khalil rocks! Pierre Saab is a leftist idiot.

V

Viral

But what if Christians don't want to be part of the "me7war el mumena3a".
    Do they have a say in that?
    Of course not! They can crawl as much as they want if they form the majority of their sect. That's why I'm in favor of early elections not that I expect a major change but so we can hear the voices of the silent majority and let the loud minority that is destroying what's left of the country go either home or behind bars.

PS: YES!!! Bouchra rocks! She can educate most of us including Pierre Saab. If you happen to agree with her and respect what she says as a genuine, educated and seasoned lawyer with dignity, then you and I can have a great time hanging out together especially if you appreciate good wine🍷.
    We might need to bring @Jacques Hirac along. He gives me the impression he's a wine connoisseur or even a sommelier;)

Drama Queen

Drama Queen

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Of course not! They can crawl as much as they want if they form the majority of their sect. That's why I'm in favor of early elections not that I expect a major change but so we can hear the voices of the silent majority and let the loud minority that is destroying what's left of the country go either home or behind bars.

PS: YES!!! Bouchra rocks! She can educate most of us including Pierre Saab. If you happen to agree with her and respect what she says as a genuine, educated and seasoned lawyer with dignity, then you and I can have a great time hanging out together especially if you appreciate good wine🍷.
    We might need to bring @Jacques Hirac along. He gives me the impression he's a wine connoisseur or even a sommelier;)
    How do I know this is not a trap to hand me to Hizbullah? Can I bring my friend SeaSo (@SeaAb) along so I can feel safer?
    I don't go out without a male guardian

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    How do I know this is not a trap to hand me to Hizbullah? Can I bring my friend SeaSo (@SeaAb) along so I can feel safer?
    I don't go out without a male guardian
    Yes you need a ma7ram to go out in public. Especially to meet ashraf al nass crowd and discuss wilayit al faqih detailed implementation over a bottle of wine.