• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Mashrou' Leila and homophobia in Egypt

• Advertisement
  • JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Not a big fan, went to watch them in byblos last year with my girlfriend, they re ok, was surprised (positively) to see so many veiled girls

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    its called the egg test, you can imagine what it is, wouldnt want to be that policeman who has to conduct it
    What about the person who has to go through with this crap? I would think that's who you wouldn't want to be lol!

Anyway this test proves nothing it's like the hymen test totally irrelevant and only used to harrass individuals

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    its called the egg test, you can imagine what it is, wouldnt want to be that policeman who has to conduct it
    Something good came out of this article apparently the lead singer is openly gay! Refreshing in a country like Lebanon where everyone feels the need to hide their sexual preference

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Something good came out of this article apparently the lead singer is openly gay! Refreshing in a country like Lebanon where everyone feels the need to hide their sexual preference
    I quoted the wrong post here lol meant to quote the one about mashrou' Leyla

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Isabella What do you expect from a country with the highest rate of female genital mutilation in the world? (90% according to Unicef)

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    How does this test work? Sorry to be blunt but there's no way you can tell if a man engages in anal sex, just by looking at his anus. The anal opening is a muscle; it goes back to its original size after penetration.

I think it's time tourists boycott Egypt, until they start behaving like ****ing humans.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    How does this test work? Sorry to be blunt but there's no way you can tell if a man engages in anal sex, just by looking at his anus. The anal opening is a muscle; it goes back to its original size after penetration.
    I think the goal is to humiliate them, nothing more. The policemen in such cases are probably sexually repressed sickos with sado-masochistic tendencies.

I think it's time tourists boycott Egypt, until they start behaving like ****ing humans.
    There are so many places to boycott...

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    sdadly in lebanon they do the same test

barbaric
    Actually, same-sex conducts have been decriminalized since 2015. So homosexuality is technically legal in Lebanon now.

[article]In January 2017, a Lebanese judge challenged the legal basis of the arrest of men for same-sex conduct. In his ruling, Judge Maalouf referred to a penal code provision protecting freedom of expression, Article 183, which states that, "An act undertaken in exercise of a right without abuse shall not be regarded as an offense." If no harm is done, there is no crime.[/article]

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Also...something like 80% of men admit they have sexually harassed women.
    Considering that the majority voted for the Muslim Brotherhood in the last elections, it's hard to image Egyptian society becoming more progressive, any time soon.

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter

i guess he just rams it up his hole, if it enters easily or something means he's gay LOL

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think the goal is to humiliate them, nothing more. The policemen in such cases are probably sexually repressed sickos with sado-masochistic tendencies.
    Is this their way of telling gays they're a bunch of chickens? :lol:

@JeanH