• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Mass shooting in Baakline, 9 killed

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Are you tryjng to see only 1 side? You were just defending your sect on another thread yet i dont see your principles when it comes to minorites.

Yes, of couse they were involved, actually in many wars.

1860, the druze were attacked first. So do you expect an out manned sect whos numbers werent growing to just take it?

Mountain war they were attacked first.
Its self defense in my opinion.

1970's Kamal joumblatt was said to control 80%, of lebanon at that time until Syria dealt with that threat.
1860's The talhuqs, al atrash, imad clans had sway in lebanon.

In regards to the christians that were killed in rashaya. Yes, i have not seen any other historical stories proving this otherwise.

But, with all of this. They still have a great track record of peace. No terrorist attacks committed by relgious zeal.
Which sect was I defending 😂?

And no my entire point is that they're not peaceful, as specified they participated in not one but two civil wars, we can agree on this very basic fact at least right? When you're a side in a war and slaughter innocent civilians indiscriminately you cannot also claim to be peaceful 🙄

Careful with the dislike spam, it's against the rules 👀

• Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Druze are very peaceful.
    1860 war, it was 12,000 vs 50,000. They succeeded. Then it spread to Syria where muslims carried on the killings. Like what are you all on?
    1980 Civil war. The chouf was invaded by the lebanese army general. Thats considered self defense.
    On one thread, you all defend the empires and their reasons for killing, converting and pillaging. Then go on a misguided adventure of throwing things left and right.

Im a little informed on the druze, however i can say they have a great track record of keeping peaceful.

0 terroist attacks from druze-inspired motives.

Yallah bring it
    It's funny, right? 99% of all religiously-motivated terrorist acts in the world are being carried out by Muslims, but it's "Islamophobic" to refer to Islam as a violent religion.

One family cuts off a Sunni guy's penis for having married their daughter, and suddenly the Druze as a whole are not peaceful.

Isabella's mind works in mysterious ways.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    I wonder what the Syrian guy did to provoke such a reaction from Harfoush? The Druze are extremely peaceful and would only be capable to kill someone in a situation to protect their families, like we all would. But the fact he killed fellow Druze (the ultimate sin according to Druze religion), including his wife and his brother, it's clear that he's mentally very ill. It's all very sad. May God confort the families and may God bless Baakline. 🙁
    Not that anything justifies this horrendous, barbaric massacre. I'm verily against so called honor killings against women or killing people randomly out of cowardice and evil.
    But it seems from leaked info that his wife had an affair with a Syrian worker, even when she was an admitted monk / adherent in the Druze faith. But her parents refuse this hypothesis.
    It also seems he didn't know who that Syrian worker was... So shot everyone in the area including the Arsalis who looked like Syrians.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's funny, right? 99% of all religiously-motivated terrorist acts in the world are being carried out by Muslims, but it's "Islamophobic" to refer to Islam as a violent religion.

One family cuts off a Sunni guy's penis for having married their daughter, and suddenly the Druze as a whole are not peaceful.

I know logic and reality are foreign concepts to you but usually people who participate in civil wars are not what one would think of when they say peaceful 🙄

Saqar18

Saqar18

It's not a sweeping generalisation to say they're not actually peaceful, particularly when they value honor killings and have such a bloody history.
    Ok bella. Lets clear the air a little.
    1. The druze religion is secretive. It takes quite a long time to know about them. We can also agree not alot of people know about them, and being a mature adult, you and i can say the same thing. I'm more confident in my answers because i took my time understanding them.
    2. Do you remember when @icetea opened the thread "deep into the druze faith?
    You are the 3rd to respond to this thread with this answer
    "I don't know much about druze, it's hard to really get to know esoteric religions that are designed to be understood by very few people."
    followed with this
    "As to how close they are to Islam and Christianity I honestly have no idea!"
    My dagger: I would like you to provide a source, that firmly establishes Druze "value" honor killings. And exactly what this means. (keep in context man and women are on equal footing".

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Druze are very peaceful.
    1860 war, it was 12,000 vs 50,000. They succeeded. Then it spread to Syria where muslims carried on the killings. Like what are you all on?
    1980 Civil war. The chouf was invaded by the lebanese army general. Thats considered self defense.
    On one thread, you all defend the empires and their reasons for killing, converting and pillaging. Then go on a misguided adventure of throwing things left and right.

Im a little informed on the druze, however i can say they have a great track record of keeping peaceful.

0 terroist attacks from druze-inspired motives.

Yallah bring it

The 1860 Christian-Druze conflict in Mount Lebanon was about power and land control, it had nothing to do with religion. Both the Christians and the Druze committed atrocities against each other.

When the conflict spread to Damascus tho, it was a different story. There, Muslims carried on the massacres because they hated Christians on a RELIGIOUS basis.

Druze never hated Christians on a religious basis, unlike Muslims. It's not even a proselytizing religion, so it wouldn't make sense. I've actually seen more Christians dislike Druze than the other way around, because they wrongly think they are Muslims. Luckily, most Christians are learning how close Druze are to us now.

Anyway, about @Isabella , she doesn't even care about her own sect, since she cant even admit Christians are persecuted in the middle east. She's going on a rant now because she's trying to contradict me.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    Haha eh haram ktir mazloumin! Bi majzarit rashaya the Druze were actually throwing flowers and rice at those pesky runaway Christians and they just spontaneously decided to slaughter themselves! And then their zombie ghosts chased the survivors to zahle and slaughtered everyone there. And the Christians from chouf omg, henne they just decided for absolutely no reason to ditch their homes and all their belongings and go live as refugees in other areas during the civil war. There was absolutely no ethnic cleansing during the mountain war massacres, kello kezb. And that guy from baysour he cut off his own penis and blamed it on his wife's family...

As everyone knows, being a very active party in not one but two civil wars is the very epitome of "peacefulness"!
    Druze are lucky to even have survived with you as a neighbor. :)
    They're situationally placed in a dangerzone where wolf eats wolf.
    Asking them to be completely peaceful is like asking them to be dead.

Saqar18

Saqar18

i have to be fair because i do respect islam. Especially Ali ibn abu talib. Everyone has their opinions but hes remarkable.
    Now i'm not sure wether the druze participated in the killings in syria, i think they were because theres a famous painting of an armenian man saving the christians from a burning backround. and it's dedicated to the druze attacks.

I look at islam with an open mind, they do have diamonds and nuggets inside the quaran that helped me even.

But, i dont agree with in 1 perspective condemning accusations of fighting and death, campaigns, etc. then having to forget that mindset completely.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ok bella. Lets clear the air a little.
    1. The druze religion is secretive. It takes quite a long time to know about them. We can also agree not alot of people know about them, and being a mature adult, you and i can say the same thing. I'm more confident in my answers because i took my time understanding them.
    2. Do you remember when @icetea opened the thread "deep into the druze faith?
    You are the 3rd to respond to this thread with this answer
    "I don't know much about druze, it's hard to really get to know esoteric religions that are designed to be understood by very few people."
    followed with this
    "As to how close they are to Islam and Christianity I honestly have no idea!"
    My dagger: I would like you to provide a source, that firmly establishes Druze "value" honor killings. And exactly what this means. (keep in context man and women are on equal footing".
    This is just something I heard in passing that the Druze practice a particular way of honour killing, I have no source for it and I apologize if it's inaccurate.

However my issue right now is the peaceful label and that alone. I don't understand how a religion who actively participated in slaughtering innocent people and ethnic cleansing is labeled as peaceful. For the sake of clarity, I don't think there's a single peaceful religion in Lebanon.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Anyway, about @Isabella , she doesn't even care about her own sect, since she cant even admit Christians are persecuted in the middle east. She's going on a rant now because she's trying to contradict me.
    Madroub bi rasak enta Aw shi? I don't need to go on any rant to contradict you lmao! Your second post in this thread is along the lines of he killed a Syrian I would like to know why but omg he also killed a Druze that's reprehensible! So your morality is questionable at best.. now follow manifesto and shoo 😎

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    This is just something I heard in passing that the Druze practice a particular way of honour killing, I have no source for it and I apologize if it's inaccurate.

However my issue right now is the peaceful label and that alone. I don't understand how a religion who actively participated in slaughtering innocent people and ethnic cleansing is labeled as peaceful. For the sake of clarity, I don't think there's a single peaceful religion in Lebanon.
    No, all forms of honor killing are prohibited in Druze scripture.
    Because only God "gives life and kills". And the soul in your wife and your sister belongs to God.
    A Druze can only "kill" if his life is threatened, as it's his responsibility towards God to protect it.

If your wife was to cheat on you, you have to divorce her and disassociate. But you can't harm her.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No, all forms of honor killing are prohibited in Druze scripture.
    Because only God "gives life and kills". And the soul in your wife and your sister belongs to God.
    A Druze can only "kill" if his life is threatened, as it's his responsibility towards God to protect it.

If your wife was to cheat on you, you have to divorce her and disassociate. But you can't harm her.
    Sounds like a nice and peaceful religion that's being misinterpreted by some of its followers.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Druze are lucky to even have survived with you as a neighbor. :)
    They're situationally placed in a dangerzone where wolf eats wolf.
    Asking them to be completely peaceful is like asking them to be dead.
    I'm not asking them to be anything, my entire point of view in this long debate boils down to the peaceful label and that's it.

As far as my Druze neighbours are concerned yes they were lucky to have me and my family as neighbours and vice versa. They've since moved to hasbaya but we still visit each other once a year.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not asking them to be anything, my entire point of view in this long debate boils down to the peaceful label and that's it.

As far as my Druze neighbours are concerned yes they were lucky to have me and my family as neighbours and vice versa. They've since moved to hasbaya but we still visit each other once a year.
    Druze are likes bees. Very violent and collective at times. And very peaceful when left alone.
    But it's relative whether you find bees violent or not. I personally don't.

Saqar18

Saqar18

Druze are likes bees. Very violent and collective at times. And very peaceful when left alone.
    But it's relative whether you find bees violent or not. I personally don't.
    agreed. This is a step many trip over; with this in mind, its simpler to "understand" them.

Unless your amir tamerlane or genghis khan, not alot of people can confidently say they are ok with massacre.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Ana b7eb kif a thread about a horrible murder that happened in Bakleen turned into a religion fighting match.

7a2 3alek ya @Ice Tea , shefet shu 3melet? :p:lol:

habibet albe 2l druze, 2a7la 2a3de bil shouf walla, especially wa2ta yu7kune 3an reincarnation stories!

Saqar18

Saqar18

Is it in the druze favour to be non peaceful? Of course not. They cant afford to make enemies. Would a honey bee infiltrate a hornets lair? No, thats because 100 hornets can take on 10,000 bees. However, if a hornet infiltrates a bees nest, the bees will wait and wait...until they have him deep enough, hundreds will collapse on the hornet, and move their wings and bodies to create so much friction and heat to essentially cook the hornet alive. would you say the bee's are "sons of B****, aggressors! they brutally killed this hornet".
    No, the hornet started first. im on the side of the bees.

Bee's also make honey. Which is their peaceful nature and many other fantastic attributes they hold.

No ones perfect though, as we are discussing on a thread of murder.