• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Mass shooting in Baakline, 9 killed

• Advertisement
  • NewLeb

NewLeb

The Druze scripture may be “peaceful,” but Druze society is too backward for a modern Lebanon. We shouldn’t find excuses for honor killings.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

The Druze scripture may be “peaceful,” but Druze society is too backward for a modern Lebanon. We shouldn’t find excuses for honor killings.
    Honor killings are not based on any religion, it is an outdated barbaric culture that is found in most of the ME/Levant areas.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    He killed his other brother too... New body found next to the river.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    Oddly enough, the villagers of Ainbal calmed him down and talked to him till he was arrested. Didn't even bother to pin him down.

NewLeb

NewLeb

Honor killings are not based on any religion, it is an outdated barbaric culture that is found in most of the ME/Levant areas.
    I didn’t say it was, but given the nature of the Druze people of preferring to stick together, along with all that secrecy crap that they practice, progression for them is a hurdle, even by Lebanese standards.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    I didn’t say it was, but given the nature of the Druze people of preferring to stick together, along with all that secrecy crap that they practice, progression for them is a hurdle, even by Lebanese standards.
    That's like saying Jews in the United States are not "progressive" enough because they stick together and have Kabbalah.
    Druze in the US and Canada are top tier immigrants, lowest crime levels and high net incomes. All that you mention doesn't seem to factor in to the real world. Have Lebanon like Canada and they'll do just fine.

Saqar18

Saqar18

i disagree. i think your're coming from a perspective that they developed out of shia and ismaili doctrine, which might cause you to have some bitter taste on your tongue. Then you do to the groups that do this what the sunni caliphs done to the shias.
    Heretics, etc. Actually, its apparent your yardstick of progression is blurred by your consistent in your mind due to an *intentional* negative attitude.

Hence, you can talk all you want, but you only know what you know. Im open to further this convo if you got the ammunition

NewLeb

NewLeb

That's like saying Jews in the United States are not "progressive" enough because they stick together and have Kabbalah.
    Druze in the US and Canada are top tier immigrants, lowest crime levels and high net incomes. All that you mention doesn't seem to factor in to the real world. Have Lebanon like Canada and they'll do just fine.
    We’re not talking about the Druze in America, but those in Lebanon. And yes, certain Jewish groups (like the orthodox) do indeed tend to get in the way of progress.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    We’re not talking about the Druze in America, but those in Lebanon. And yes, certain Jewish groups (like the orthodox) do indeed tend to get in the way of progress.
    The Druze in North America are pretty much recent immigrants and they faced no problems in the "progress" you're talking about. And the Druze of Lebanon have low crime rates, educated backgrounds and decent income compared to the rest of the population. I don't see why it would matter if an Orthodox Jew or traditional Druze like to practice their old ways, progress should not be stripping people of their identities and history to mold them into a cosmopolitan NPC.

NewLeb

NewLeb

i disagree. i think your're coming from a perspective that they developed out of shia and ismaili doctrine, which might cause you to have some bitter taste on your tongue. Then you do to the groups that do this what the sunni caliphs done to the shias.
    Heretics, etc. Actually, its apparent your yardstick of progression is blurred by your consistent in your mind due to an *intentional* negative attitude.

Hence, you can talk all you want, but you only know what you know. Im open to further this convo if you got the ammunition
    I’m not referring to any specific esoteric knowledge, because the individual who committed this murder clearly was not reflecting it. No, it’s more about how the Druze community has major self-esteem problems that are a product of ego.

The guy killed all those people over some b*tch. Clearly his deep insecurities pushed her away to begin with.

NewLeb

NewLeb

The Druze in North America are pretty much recent immigrants and they faced no problems in the "progress" you're talking about. And the Druze of Lebanon have low crime rates, educated backgrounds and decent income compared to the rest of the population. I don't see why it would matter if an Orthodox Jew or traditional Druze like to practice their old ways, progress should not be stripping people of their identities and history to mold them into a cosmopolitan NPC.
    But honor killings happen regardless of education or wealth.

Saqar18

Saqar18

I’m not referring to any specific esoteric knowledge, because the individual who committed this murder clearly was not reflecting it. No, it’s more about how the Druze community has major self-esteem problems that are a product of ego.

The guy killed all those people over some b*tch. Clearly his deep insecurities pushed her away to begin with.
    ok.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    "
    فجرا، جلس المشتبه فيه أمام محققي الشرطة القضائية في مفرزة بيت الدين ليروي تفاصيل الجريمة التي خطط لها قبل وصول زوجته.
    أبلغهم أنه قتل زوجته في غرفة النوم بأكثر من ثلاث عشرة طعنة، في المساحة الفاصلة بين السرير والخزانة. بدّل ملابسه واغتسل لإزالة الدماء التي كانت تغطي ثيابه، قبل أن يخرج لقتل الضحايا الآخرين ببندقية صيد. هدفه الثاني كان شقيقه فوزي الذي يتهمه بخيانته. قتله بالقرب من النهر وأخفى جثّته. ثم توجّه ليقتل شقيقه الأصغر كريم الذي اتّهمه بأنّه «يعرف بالخيانة ولم يُخبرني». ظهر أمامه العرسالي محمد عودة وشاب سوري، فأطلق عليهما النار وأرداهما. ثم دار باحثاً في الورشة، فأجهز على أربعة أشخاص بينهم طفلان. هنا ظهر شقيقه كريم أمامه، فأطلق عليه رصاصتين وأرداه. ثم قتل شخصاً عاشراً صودف وجوده أيضاً.

"

Details are starting to show.

He confessed that he killed his wife first. Because he had suspicions (and no evidence) that she was cheating on him with his brother Fawzi.
    He killed her with a knife, changed his clothes and went to get Fawzi.
    He killed Fawzi next to the river.
    He then went for Kamal, because he suspected "he knew but didn't tell him".
    He encountered many Syrians in the Warseh and surroundings which he killed until he found Kamal on his motorcycle and shot him dead.