Massive 5,000-year-old Israelite city discovered in northern Israel

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

‘Israel’s ancient NYC’: 5,000-year-old Canaanite megalopolis may rewrite history

Uncovered in northern Israel, Ein Esur, largest Early Bronze Age settlement ever excavated here, set to ‘change forever what we know about emergence of urbanization in entire area’

HARISH, northern Israel — A massive 5,000-year-old metropolis that housed some 6,000 residents has been uncovered alongside Israel’s newest city, Harish, during new roadworks. The 160-acre (over 650 dunam) city is the largest Early Bronze Age settlement excavated in Israel, the Israel Antiquities Authority announced on Sunday.
“It is much larger than any known site in the land of Israel — and outside the land of Israel — in the region of Jordan, Lebanon, southern Syria,” said excavation co-director Dr. Yitzhak Paz in an IAA
Video.

In addition, just ahead of the construction of a new interchange over the En Esur (Ein Asawir) archaeological site, IAA archaeologists also discovered an earlier, 7,000-year-old Chalcolithic settlement under several of the 5,000-year-old structures.

This is a huge city – a megalopolis in relation to the Early Bronze Age, where thousands of inhabitants, who made their living from agriculture, lived and traded with different regions and even with different cultures and kingdoms in the area… This is the Early Bronze Age New York of our region; a cosmopolitan and planned city,” said excavation directors Itai Elad, Paz and Dr. Dina Shalem in an IAA statement.

Salvage excavations have been taking place at the site for the past two and a half years, financed by Netivei Israel – the National Transport Infrastructure Company Ltd. Over 5,000 high school students and volunteers from the area have participated in them.

Due to the importance of the site, Netivei Israel has significantly increased the height of the planned interchange and will preserve the excavations through high-tech documentation and physical conservation.

The digs have revealed an Early Bronze Age (end of the 4th millennium BCE) planned city located near Wadi Ara, near two water springs, in the Haifa district of northern Israel. According to Paz, the land is fertile for agriculture and is close to important, central trade routes.

The ancient settlement contained public and private buildings and areas, streets and alleys and was surrounded by a fortification wall.

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The excavation at this site revealed two main settlements,” explained Shalem in an IAA video. “The earliest one is about 7,000 years old. It’s a very large agricultural settlement. Two thousand years later, another settlement became one of the first cities known in this area of the world.”

The layout of the city, said Elad, the third co-director, indicates it was very thoughtfully planned. During the excavation, the team discovered a very large public building that was unlike any of the others. It was, said Elad, most probably a temple or a shrine, inside which was found an area containing burnt animal bones, presumably for sacrifices. In the temple courtyard is large stone basin for liquids, which the archaeologists assume was also used during religious rituals.

“These findings allow us to look beyond the material into the spiritual life of the large community that lived at the site,” said the archaeologists.

Among the interesting artifacts revealed at the site was a cylindrical stamp impression of a man holding his hands up in the air, as well as several figurines of people and animals and tools imported from Egypt. Flint tools, millions of pottery sherds and basalt stone vessels were also found.

“These surprising findings allow us, for the first time, to define the cultural characteristics of the inhabitants of this area in ancient times,” according to the IAA statement.

It is during this era, said the statement, that Canaan’s populations moved from rural to mostly urban environments.

According to the archaeologists, alongside the more sophisticated construction and city planning, there had to have been complex governance in the site as well.

For the 5,000 Israeli pupils and young adults — Jews and Arabs — who participated in the excavations, their firsthand knowledge and experiences may also change their perspective and their connection to the land of Israel. As history books are rewritten, the students were on the frontlines of early research.
    “The study of this site will change forever what we know about the emergence [and] rise of urbanization in the land of Israel and in the whole region,” said Paz. “And it means that what we know now will change what is written today in the traditional books when people read about the archaeology of Israel.”

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

So this is who the fake Palestinian recent Arab migrants want to fight with? A people with a freaking 5,000-year-old history? Good luck with that!

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So this is who the fake Palestinian recent Arab migrants want to fight with? A people with a freaking 5,000-year-old history? Good luck with that!
    3mol 7areb salibye @Apostate

Thawra # Furoshima

Thawra # Furoshima

For me guys it means the Old Testament is valid
    This is a holy land

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I'd say they were dirty liberal left. No wonder they went extinct.
    Except they didn't. Despite persecution throughout the past 2,500 years years, the Israelite-Jewish population strongly stands at 15 million worldwide. The Canaanite-Hebrew language is spoken by 10 million people. Ancient Israelite holidays are celebrated to this day. Israelite culture, the last remnant of the broader Canaanite culture, is alive.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Except they didn't. Despite persecution throughout the past 2,500 years years, the Israelite-Jewish population strongly stands at 15 million worldwide. The Canaanite-Hebrew language is spoken by 10 million people. Ancient Israelite holidays are celebrated to this day. Israelite culture, the last remnant of the broader Canaanite culture, is alive.
    Wleh the Canaanites were destroyed by the Israelis!! They were wiped out in a bronze-aged style Holocaust.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    For me guys it means the Old Testament is valid
    This is a holy land
    Old Testament is not valid. It has many errors. E.g "Tyre will be destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar and never rebuilt again". When it was actually destroyed by Alexander and rebuilt many times over. Today, even the island is rebuilt.

C

Curiosum

Old Testament is not valid. It has many errors. E.g "Tyre will be destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar and never rebuilt again". When it was actually destroyed by Alexander and rebuilt many times over. Today, even the island is rebuilt.
    Can you support your claim that the Old Testament erred in the relevant prophecy?

"Nebuchadnezzar did destroy the coastal cities. However, the people of the port of Tyre had obviously relocated to the island city, which they were able to successfully defend against the Babylonian invaders. Nebuchadnezzar had defeated and plundered the cities on the shore, as Ezekiel prophesied in 26:7–11, but he could not defeat the island city. This fact is reported in Ezekiel 29:18.

Further, verse 12 marks a shift from the prophecy concerning Nebuchadnezzar to prophetic declarations about other invaders. Verse 3 had already introduced the idea of many invaders in the statement, “I ... will cause many nations to come up against you.” As history records, many nations did come up against the island city of Tyre, but it was Alexander the Great, laying siege against the island city of Tyre in about 332 b.c., who finally conquered the city and left it in total ruins so that it was never rebuilt. When rightly understood, Ezekiel’s prophecy perfectly fits the historical record."

Last edited:
    𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    Can you support your claim that the Old Testament erred in the relevant prophecy?

"Nebuchadnezzar did destroy the coastal cities. However, the people of the port of Tyre had obviously relocated to the island city, which they were able to successfully defend against the Babylonian invaders. Nebuchadnezzar had defeated and plundered the cities on the shore, as Ezekiel prophesied in 26:7–11, but he could not defeat the island city. This fact is reported in Ezekiel 29:18.

Further, verse 12 marks a shift from the prophecy concerning Nebuchadnezzar to prophetic declarations about other invaders. Verse 3 had already introduced the idea of many invaders in the statement, “I ... will cause many nations to come up against you.” As history records, many nations did come up against the island city of Tyre, but it was Alexander the Great, laying siege against the island city of Tyre in about 332 b.c., who finally conquered the city and left it in total ruins so that it was never rebuilt. When rightly understood, Ezekiel’s prophecy perfectly fits the historical record."
    Then it erred in saying "I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD." It was rebuilt many times over. Ezekiel's prophecy doesn't at all fit the historical record. Needs a lot of Christian apologetic to even make it relevant.

The OT is full of errors. Not sure if you're going to argue for biblical inerrancy, knowing you. But here's more to chew on.

Another error would be....

Exodus 6:3(ESV): "I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name Yahweh I did not make myself known to them."

Genesis 15:7(ESV): 'And he said to him [Abraham], "I am Yahweh who brought you out from Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to possess."'

Another error would be [God creating plants before the sun]...

Genesis 1:11(ESV): 'And God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth." And it was so.'

Then

Genesis 1:14-16(ESV): 'And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth."

Last edited:
    Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Then it erred in saying "I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD." It was rebuilt many times over. Ezekiel's prophecy doesn't at all fit the historical record. Needs a lot of Christian apologetic to even make it relevant.

The OT is full of errors. Not sure if you're going to argue for biblical inerrancy, knowing you. But here's more to chew on.

Another error would be....

Exodus 6:3(ESV): "I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name Yahweh I did not make myself known to them."

Genesis 15:7(ESV): 'And he said to him [Abraham], "I am Yahweh who brought you out from Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to possess."'

Another error would be [God creating plants before the sun]...

Genesis 1:11(ESV): 'And God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth." And it was so.'

Then

Genesis 1:14-16(ESV): 'And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth."
    Please stop taking my name in vain, you kafer you.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    Please stop taking my name in vain, you kafer you.
    The Kufr doesn't stop here.

In my gnostic reading, Jesus was against Yahweh (Angra Mainyu, god of the Temporal world) as he's the god of Jewish Kings, riches, jealousy and worldly greed. And was arguing for an upper spiritual kingdom (not the Earth) belonging to a different god (Ahura Mazda).

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The layout of the city, said Elad, the third co-director, indicates it was very thoughtfully planned. During the excavation, the team discovered a very large public building that was unlike any of the others. It was, said Elad, most probably a temple or a shrine, inside which was found an area containing burnt animal bones, presumably for sacrifices. In the temple courtyard is large stone basin for liquids, which the archaeologists assume was also used during religious rituals.
    we7yet antoine zahra i didnt talk to anyone about this

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

show me, how many brown skinned israelies exist in Palestine right now that resemble these 5000 years old city brown skinned skeletons... by the way, who farted on this 5000 year old city and made it ruins ?