• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Massive Explosion in Beirut | 04-08-2020

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
They'll be viewed as freedom fighters again when it's Gibran Bassil's turn to become president.
L3abo ghayra. No one is buying your bullshit.
Mitl elwalid elsghir you come to this forum and leave in record time with insults and disappointment. Gebran and You will lick each others bottoms till he becomes president. But please don't complain when you get blown up again. HA is not fighting Israel anymore. They are preserving corruption. Israel are well beyond their border. But the excuse of other villages will disappear overnight. you both work for the same cause.

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Baddkon fassed Berri or the Christians?
    Into shu badkon? Inta bte3ref mnee7 inno fee ness min kel el tawa2ef ma baddon Basil, law ta3mahon 3asal ma ra7 y7ebbo. You need Berri, not us.

Patriot_Expatriate

Patriot_Expatriate

"I mean forcing 750 000 civilians out of their lands - this is a war crime" - I am not aware of any forcing.

Arabs ran off because they projected their own desires on Jews - Arabs wanted to perpetrate ethnic cleansing and when Arabs lost they got scared that Jews might do the same to them.
    That's a nice little fantasy you got there. Kinda like the myth "Land without a people for people without a land"
    I guess you need to believe the lie to justify the ethnic cleansing. Only problem is it goes against the actual evidence that has been collected.

In Rabbi Chaim Simons 2004 book, A Historical Survey of Proposals to Transfer Arabs from Palestine 1895 - 1947 , he says :
    "I soon discovered that it was not just "a few stray statements" but that the transfer of Arabs from Palestine was definite policy not only of the Zionist leaders, but also of many leading individual non-Jews". He concludes (page 298):
    "Most leaders of the Zionist movement publicly opposed such transfers. However, a study of their confidential correspondence, private diaries and minutes of closed meetings, made available to the public under the "thirty year rule", reveals the true feelings of the Zionist leaders on the transfer question. We see from this classified material that Herzl, Ben-Gurion, Weizmann, Sharett and Ben-Zvi, to mention just a few, were really in favour of transferring the Arabs from Palestine. Attempts to hide transfer proposals made by past Zionist leaders has led to a "rewriting of history" and the censoring and amending of official documents!"
    According to Michael Bar-Zohar, appeals to "the Arabs to stay" were political gestures for external audiences whereas in internal discussions", Ben-Gurion communicated that "it was better that the smallest possible number of Arabs remain within the area of the state."
    Cohen, A. (1948): In the Face of the Arab Evacuation. Hebrew, L'AMut Haauodah, January 1948.

Edgar O'Ballance, a military historian, adds,
    Israeli vans with loudspeakers drove through the streets ordering all the inhabitants to evacuate immediately, and such as were reluctant to leave were forcibly ejected from their homes by the triumphant Israelis whose policy was now openly one of clearing out all the Arab civil population before them.... From the surrounding villages and hamlets, during the next two or three days, all the inhabitants were uprooted and set off on the road to Ramallah.... No longer was there any "reasonable persuasion". Bluntly, the Arab inhabitants were ejected and forced to flee into Arab territory.... Wherever the Israeli troops advanced into Arab country the Arab population was bulldozed out in front of them
    The Arab-Israeli War (1956)

A report from the military intelligence SHAI of the Haganah entitled "The emigration of Palestinian Arabs in the period 1/12/1947-1/6/1948", dated 30 June 1948, affirms that:

"At least 55% of the total of the exodus was caused by our (Haganah/IDF) operations. To this figure, the report's compilers add the operations of the Irgun and Lehi, which "directly (caused) some 15% ... of the emigration". A further 2% was attributed to explicit expulsion orders issued by Israeli troops, and 1% to their psychological warfare. This leads to a figure of 73% for departures caused directly by the Israelis. In addition, the report attributes 22% of the departures to "fears" and "a crisis of confidence" affecting the Palestinian population. As for Arab calls for flight, these were reckoned to be significant in only 5% of cases."

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    That's a nice little fantasy you got there. Kinda like the myth "Land without a people for people without a land"
    I guess you need to believe the lie to justify the ethnic cleansing. Only problem is it goes against the actual evidence that has been collected.

In Rabbi Chaim Simons 2004 book, A Historical Survey of Proposals to Transfer Arabs from Palestine 1895 - 1947 , he says :
    "I soon discovered that it was not just "a few stray statements" but that the transfer of Arabs from Palestine was definite policy not only of the Zionist leaders, but also of many leading individual non-Jews". He concludes (page 298):

According to Michael Bar-Zohar, appeals to "the Arabs to stay" were political gestures for external audiences whereas in internal discussions", Ben-Gurion communicated that "it was better that the smallest possible number of Arabs remain within the area of the state."
    Cohen, A. (1948): In the Face of the Arab Evacuation. Hebrew, L'AMut Haauodah, January 1948.

Edgar O'Ballance, a military historian, adds,

The Arab-Israeli War (1956)

A report from the military intelligence SHAI of the Haganah entitled "The emigration of Palestinian Arabs in the period 1/12/1947-1/6/1948", dated 30 June 1948, affirms that:

"At least 55% of the total of the exodus was caused by our (Haganah/IDF) operations. To this figure, the report's compilers add the operations of the Irgun and Lehi, which "directly (caused) some 15% ... of the emigration". A further 2% was attributed to explicit expulsion orders issued by Israeli troops, and 1% to their psychological warfare. This leads to a figure of 73% for departures caused directly by the Israelis. In addition, the report attributes 22% of the departures to "fears" and "a crisis of confidence" affecting the Palestinian population. As for Arab calls for flight, these were reckoned to be significant in only 5% of cases."
    "According to Michael Bar-Zohar, appeals to "the Arabs to stay" were political gestures for external audiences ..."

Assuming we can trust Michael Bar-Zohar's words: and had Arabs stayed they would've stayed even now, political gesture or not.
    ---
    "... whereas in internal discussions", Ben-Gurion communicated that "it was better that the smallest possible number of Arabs remain within the area of the state." "

Again, assuming we can trust Michael Bar-Zohar's words: "smallest possible number to remain" is excellent policy - isn't it what you are backing for while trying to get rid of Palestinians.

Anyway, you were going to show me "forciblity", ethnic cleansing, and Israeli war crimes - I am still waiting.

Patriot_Expatriate

Patriot_Expatriate

I agree that the Lebanese state as it is today is not viable. I have to say that the LF was right back in the 80s when they were pushing for partition. Just like Yugoslavia was a non-viable state. Another creation of the Versailles treaty. You guys should read Paris 1919. Very interesting read on how countries were created after WW1
    Any sentence that begins with "I have to say that the LF was right back in the 80s" is a great set-up for joke

Patriot_Expatriate

Patriot_Expatriate

"According to Michael Bar-Zohar, appeals to "the Arabs to stay" were political gestures for external audiences ..."

Assuming we can trust Michael Bar-Zohar's words: and had Arabs stayed they would've stayed even now, political gesture or not.
    ---
    "... whereas in internal discussions", Ben-Gurion communicated that "it was better that the smallest possible number of Arabs remain within the area of the state." "

Again, assuming we can trust Michael Bar-Zohar's words: "smallest possible number to remain" is excellent policy - isn't it what you are backing for while trying to get rid of Palestinians.

Anyway, you were going to show me "forciblity", ethnic cleansing, and Israeli war crimes - I am still waiting.
    I did, you choose to bury your head in the sand

I literally provided a military report from the Haganah - you chose to ignore it
    I also provided Ben-Gurion's own personal correspondence, based on investigative work from a Rabbi - you chose to ignore it
    Also, military historian Edgar O'Ballance own works concludes Israelis forced Palestinians to flee - you chose to ignore it

Keep ignoring facts, you're a Pro at that

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I did, you choose to bury your head in the sand

I literally provided a military report from the Haganah - you chose to ignore it
    I also provided Ben-Gurion's own personal correspondence, based on investigative work from a Rabbi - you chose to ignore it
    Also, military historian Edgar O'Ballance own works concludes Israelis forced Palestinians to flee - you chose to ignore it

Keep ignoring facts, you're a Pro at that
    What a load of baloney...

Please provide an example where arabs co-exist with any other religion or race ?
    Lebanon had issued on the Border of Palestine when the Palestinians ruled themselves..

Patriot_Expatriate

Patriot_Expatriate

Geagea will always be the fish bone that will prevent the Syrian/Iranian axis of evil from swallowing Lebanon. You were a second class citizens, you are second class citizens and will always remain second class citizens.
    If anyone is under any illusion as to why Lebanon cannot move forward as a country, it' because of ignorant sectarianism like the views expressed above

Divide and conquer, it's an ancient strategy. Why fall for it?

Patriot_Expatriate

Patriot_Expatriate

What a load of baloney...

Please provide an example where arabs co-exist with any other religion or race ?
    Lebanon had issued on the Border of Palestine when the Palestinians ruled themselves..
    What do you think you're responding to?

I provided evidence that Jews ethnically cleansed Palestinians from their land, they fled to surrounding countries including Lebanon.
    Did you not read the evidence I provided?

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What do you think you're responding to?

I provided evidence that Jews ethnically cleansed Palestinians from their land, they fled to surrounding countries including Lebanon.
    Did you not read the evidence I provided?
    But you ignored the gang wars between the Palestinians and Jews. At stages the palestinians won many of the battles and practiced cleansing themselves. They even tried doing the same in Lebanon in 1974-75. So its time to forget other causes and save our own country. We had enough balony for a generation.

Patriot_Expatriate

Patriot_Expatriate

But you ignored the gang wars between the Palestinians and Jews. At stages the palestinians won many of the battles and practiced cleansing themselves. They even tried doing the same in Lebanon in 1974-75. So its time to forget other causes and save our own country. We had enough balony for a generation.
    I ignored nothing. They had their own clashes leading up to 1948, none of which resulted in ethnic cleansing
    The only successful ethnic cleansing was completed by European Colonial Zionists - this was their plan all along.
    This forced Palestinians to come to Lebanon. It isn't another country's cause because it still effects Lebanon. I'd like them to return to the land they were ethnically cleansed from

Same with the Syrians
    Lebanon is not equipped to handle that many refugees.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    none of which resulted in ethnic cleansing
    The Palestinians were hell bent on cleansing the jewish neighbourhoods. As Lebanese we dealt with similar behaviour. They attacked peaceful people also maimed and killed whoever they can. We are lucky to even exist in Lebanon. The Jews of Lebanon were blown away and most would have died if it wasn't for the falangists of old. Not the present day clowns. Some Jews joined the phalangists protecting wadi abou jmil and are a big part of our history even culture.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    @ghassansaoud

·
    9h

لهلأ كان كله عم يروح علتحقيق - كأن - ما في خط أحمر. شوي بيوصل التحقيق لأمين عام المجلس الاعلى للدفاع يلي مش بس طلع معه خبر، لا بل مبلغ من يعنيهم الأمر انه هلنيترات مش شي مهم.. وإذ.. عضو كتلة المستقبل طارق مرعبي بغرد هلأ تيخبرنا انه حضرة الأمين العام بطل حريص ع وطنه و.. خط أحمر..

V

Viral

I ignored nothing. They had their own clashes leading up to 1948, none of which resulted in ethnic cleansing
    The only successful ethnic cleansing was completed by European Colonial Zionists - this was their plan all along.
    This forced Palestinians to come to Lebanon. It isn't another country's cause because it still effects Lebanon. I'd like them to return to the land they were ethnically cleansed from

Same with the Syrians
    Lebanon is not equipped to handle that many refugees.
    You just pulled out the root cause of our misery from its roots and got everybody’s head spinning out of control until they realize every recent tragedy that took place in the Middle East was caused by the illegal establishment the Zionist entity on the Palestinians land who made the mistake of hosting and embracing every entity indiscriminately including the Jews who took advantage of their host and kicked them out of their house which started Lebanon’s problems ever since.

Imagine the Jews in New York taking over Manhattan and calling it their promised land. Who knows, Trump might be Okay with that to please his daughter and son in law…

V

Viral

They seem to be doing not so bad with Israel nowadays.
    You seem to be missing out on history as well on recent events bro. Get out of the little box and look around.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    كارثة بيروت: لا صاروخ ولا طائرة.. إلام توصّلت فرق التحقيق الجنائية؟
    - الأنباء

نشر بتاريخ Aug 16 2020 | 07:14 AM

يتحضّر المحقق العدلي، القاضي فادي صوان، للمباشرة بالتحقيق في انفجار مرفأ بيروت بعدما تسلّم من النيابة العامة التمييزية الملف الذي يتضمن الادّعاء على 25 متهماً، وبينهم 19 موقوفاً.

وفي هذا السياق، أشارت مصادر قضائية عبر "الأنباء" الالكترونية إلى أن التحقيقات الأولية لم تُشر إلى وجود صاروخ أو طائرة كما أشيع. وكذلك فإن الفِرق الجنائية لم تصل إلى احتمال حصول انفجار أدى إلى هذه الكارثة، لكنها في المقابل رصدت إهمالاً خطيراً في العنبر رقم 12. فإلى جانب 2,750 طناً من نيترات الأمونيوم، تمّ وضع كمية من الأسهم النارية والمفرقعات، كما أن العمال الثلاثة الذين قاموا بتلحيم بوابة العنبر أنهوا عملهم عند الساعة الخامسة عصراً وغادروا المكان. وهذا الأمر مثبت في الكاميرات، وذلك قبل حصول الانفجار بساعة تقريباً، ما يعني أننا أمام إهمال خطير.

وذكّرت المصادر عينها أن النيابة العامة التمييزية ادّعت على مدير عام الجمارك السابق شفيق مرعي، والحالي بدري ضاهر، وأحالت الملف إلى قاضي العجلة بتهمة وضع مفرقعات إلى جانب النيترات، وأن العمال الذين قاموا بتلحيم البوابة تم توقيفهم أيضاً إضافةً إلى توقيف المتعهد، كما شمل الادّعاء مسؤولين أمنيين في المرفأ.

Patriot_Expatriate

Patriot_Expatriate

The Palestinians were hell bent on cleansing the jewish neighbourhoods. As Lebanese we dealt with similar behaviour. They attacked peaceful people also maimed and killed whoever they can. We are lucky to even exist in Lebanon. The Jews of Lebanon were blown away and most would have died if it wasn't for the falangists of old. Not the present day clowns. Some Jews joined the phalangists protecting wadi abou jmil and are a big part of our history even culture.
    You're more upset of an imaginary ethnic cleansing than a real one that took place
    The result of which caused Lebanon to host refugees to this day

I provided actual evidence of the real ethnic cleansing.

Do you or don't you want Palestinians refugees to return to their homeland?
    Do you or don't you want Syrian refugees to return to their homeland?