• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Massive Explosion in Beirut | 04-08-2020

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Please allow me to throw something here too, 3teberne khayyak l zghir :D

There is a big masra7iye that happened... since according to the general story, the shipment wasn't destined to be unloaded here, which explains why the UNIFIL didn't act upon seeing the military grade ammonium nitrate in the manifest. It was supposed to only load 2 excavators to the ship before continuing its destination to somewhere other than Lebanon... but it was "damaged" while loading the excavators and (soub7an allah) was under the risk of drowning so they had to unload the cargo in our port.

Its all theatrics to bring those materials to our port... by who? who knows... Syrian rebels have used this material, so did HA. so everything is possible.

Yes, the Masra7iyyeh to get the ship to Lebanon and unload the shipement, we know of.

Still, the UNIFIL is the one that authorized the ship to enter Lebanese waters. Then it didn’t seem bothered at all when those explosives were unloaded. Then it didn’t seem concerned at all of any possible HA involvement in it, over the 6 years of its storage inside the Port.

Ya3ne I’m not sure if you’re trying to convince me that those UNIFIL/Nato/Israeli navy boats monitoring our territorial waters and each suspect movement in our territory, turned all of the sudden, into boy scouts, playing guelleh.

If so, I would advise you to adopt a different approach...As your big brother Ya3ne

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If by "manifest" you are talking about the screenshot in the tweet, then that belongs to the Al Mostafa...

The screenshots from the Rhosus do not have that information.

The manifest of the ship was published and it clearly showed that it was a shipment of 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
The manifest of the ship was published and it clearly showed that it was a shipment of 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate.

I think there is forgery here
What are the odds the exact same amount was unloaded from another ship around the same date.

is it possible they registered the cargo they confiscated against a different ship that arrived in a legit way?

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Those nitrates weren't destined to Lebanon (on paper at least)
The ship was heading to Mozambique, so..

Yes. Still, it was allowed at some point to enter Lebanese waters. Then it was allowed at some point to be unloaded. Then it was allowed at some point to be stored in the Port for 6 years. And the UNIFIL didn’t seem either bothered or alarmed by such thing.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
Yes, the Masra7iyyeh to get the ship to Lebanon and unload the shipement, we know of.

Still, the UNIFIL is the one that authorized the ship to enter Lebanese waters. Then it didn’t seem bothered at all when those explosives were unloaded. Then it didn’t seem concerned at all of any possible HA involvement in it, over the 6 years of its storage inside the Port.

Ya3ne I’m not sure if you’re trying to convince me that those UNIFIL/Nato/Israeli navy boats monitoring our territorial waters and each suspect movement in our territory, turned all of the sudden, into boy scouts, playing guelleh.

If so, I would advise you to adopt a different approach...As your big brother Ya3ne

That is a point that could be addressed to the UNIFIL by the investigators, on how they let this pass.
Or is it out of their "sala7iyet" since the ship was drowning and once the material were unloaded?

Questions should also be raised to Amn 3am and Moukhabarat L Jeish on why these materials stayed for 6 years, everyone knew about it... kamen HA knew about it, we know the ajhize communicate with HA. Lesh sakato if these material were supposed to be delivered to "terrorists in syria" ?

Before you comment on HA "not knowing what happens in the port" ... I don't buy this lol... they knew from which embassy each man2oushit za3tar came from in Oct 17... 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate ma ra7 yekhfo 3annon ;)

We're blind on so many details, and I'm sure that the big guys (politicians) already know what happened and to whom belongs those material and how they exploded - but most likely we'll never know.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think there is forgery here
What are the odds the exact same amount was unloaded from another ship around the same date.

is it possible they registered the cargo they confiscated against a different ship that arrived in a legit way?

Anything is possible. However, there is nothing that allows to make conclusions, outside the context of a minimum of proven facts.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
That is a point that could be addressed to the UNIFIL by the investigators, on how they let this pass.
Or is it out of their "sala7iyet" since the ship was drowning and once the material were unloaded?

Questions should also be raised to Amn 3am and Moukhabarat L Jeish on why these materials stayed for 6 years, everyone knew about it... kamen HA knew about it, we know the ajhize communicate with HA. Lesh sakato if these material were supposed to be delivered to "terrorists in syria" ?

Before you comment on HA "not knowing what happens in the port" ... I don't buy this lol... they knew from which embassy each man2oushit za3tar came from in Oct 17... 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate ma ra7 yekhfo 3annon ;)

We're blind on so many details, and I'm sure that the big guys (politicians) already knows what happened and to whom belongs those material and how they exploded - but most likely we'll never know.

There are lots of people who should be questioned.

However my point in this discussion, is that this cargo was allowed to enter the Lebanese waters, then to be unloaded, then to be stored for 6 years, in the Port hangar, by the UNIFIL, along with other actors.

That is not an opinion. That is a fact. And we cannot bypass it, in any possible scenario.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Anything is possible. However, there is nothing that allows to make conclusions, outside the context of a minimum of proven facts.

no conclusions
just 3amal esteksa2eh a la Riad kobeissy

But seriously
what are the odds

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
no conclusions
just 3amal esteksa2eh a la Riad kobeissy

But seriously
what are the odds

I don’t know.

But what I can say, is that when investigating, one should always try to erase scenarios from his head, whenever they pop up, and only follow the proofs and leads, in a cold and morbid fashion, without trying to explain what they mean.

It is only when all evidences are gathered, that one should place them side by side, and they will then tell the story by themselves, without help and without the need for fertile imagination.

I also know that it is usually very hard for a Lebanese to do so...

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

We're blind on so many details, and I'm sure that the big guys (politicians) already know what happened and to whom belongs those material and how they exploded - but most likely we'll never know.
Apo lets take the possibility that all knew about it including HA, and also the possibility that The UN dint check /know/ mish min sal7iyeta. After it was loaded in 3anbar 12, where there were many Internal letters among the ajhizeh for 6 years. Is it possible that the UN did know about it later, and didnt report it to their HQ, and the international community specially France, US, israel didnt know about it? We are talking of 2700 tons of highly explosive material at a port. Is it possible that the international community didnt investigate for 7 years? How did germany and some countries caught this material and claimed it to HA, but where the main hub of HA ie lebanon could not know about it. There is something wrong!
Everyone knew about it, but min tannash and for what reason, that is the question.

JB81

Legendary Member
Jad Bou Karam
@OHMYJAD

ما قبل ١٤ شباط ليس كما بعده ما قبل ١٢ تموز ليس كما بعده ما قبل ٧ ايار ليس كما بعده ما قبل ١٧ تشرين ليس كما بعده ما قبل ٤ آب ليس كما بعده اذا شلنا كلمة "ليس" من كل جملة ما رح يتغير شي

Rafidi

Legendary Member
A big big thank you to Iraq.

Seriously, and knowing their plight and all the miseries they’re still living in, their help deserves deep respect and should be rewarded accordingly in time.

Iraq has won my heart. We really cant reward them for their meaningful assistance. The fuel they have sent have improved the situation of power supply in Lebanon. Their assistance is touching lives. Ishtirak used to go off every half an hour. Since the Iraqis assisted us with fuel, power isnt blinking. May God bless Iraq and the good people of Iraq.

latinorange

Iraq has won my heart. We really cant reward them for their meaningful assistance. The fuel they have sent have improved the situation of power supply in Lebanon. Their assistance is touching lives. Ishtirak used to go off every half an hour. Since the Iraqis assisted us with fuel, power isnt blinking. May God bless Iraq and the good people of Iraq.

It is time of need and when u have nothing to offer back when u know who ur real friends are.