Massive Explosion in Beirut | 04-08-2020

Rockies

Well, if he is pressured and can’t get things done, then why don’t they elect someone else to try. How much worse can it get?
This is in rhyme with Kataeb. Relection.
I think in both cases it is bad for the christians. The Aoun experience basically told the christians that it's better to have a puppet than to have someone who has a base.
I always repeated that there is a void in Christian leadership. Probably mouawad or gmeyel? They proved to follow their interest after all. Who else ? Frangieh vs basil. What the heck !
I think as a Maronite Christian I prefer to have a Muslim president. It gives the Christian community the right attitude to behave in the middle of all the other communities.
I don't want to hijack the thread which is really something will never be forgotten as the inept leaders wish. This land is full of tragedies but this particular one has to put leaders accountable as it shows their real monsterous faces

Rockies

I'm not sure where you disagree with me. Kanaan took the side of the banks. What his reasoning was or why he did it remains officially unclear. If you ask me, he was looking out for himself and his own interests.

You're wrong that the party was totally fine with it. It wasn't the only incident, remember. He even picked a fight with Marie Claude Najm over some financial reform laws and the president had to intervene. Also, you're wrong that the plan had a chance of passing. Kanaan's position certainly didn't help, but any reform of this kind was doomed from the start, sadly - Hell, even some elemenys of the so-called "moujtama3 madane" were against it.

If I'm being cynical, I'd say that Kanaan is too powerful in the Metn. Tayyar is a poor party that bled a lot of support in the last couple of years. This was never going to be a public confrontation, and I think that - for now, at least - Kanaan will stay in line. I stress again that, bar this particular (shitty) incident, Kanaan has done a lot of important work within Tayyar. Anything more will have to wait until after the elections, I think.
Kanaan and FPM (cedrus) are all part of the crash . They tried to portrait as if it is berri and the slate hariri work. Doesn't fly. Khassone w noss

Rockies

???
Is it this one?

If I understand correctly; Kanaan is against the Govt. plan of Capital Control because it lacks protection for depositors from Govt. use of the money
I won't waste my time listening. This guy worked way before the crash to prepare for the inflation. One of the orta

Rockies

election is coming , go change the whole 128 MP if you care about the country, while doing that "change" the President will be a witness untill 2022 before he leaves office but the hobby of picking on the President while ignoring the broad picture reflect dishonesty and bias.
Under promise and over deliver
Tell this to FPM leaders next time

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Kanaan and FPM (cedrus) are all part of the crash . They tried to portrait as if it is berri and the slate hariri work. Doesn't fly. Khassone w noss
One person in Tayyar (the former MoE - Raed Khoury, I think) barely owns like 2% of Cedrus. It was a misinformation campaign to lump Tayyar with the rest of them. Ma3rouf min 3endo banks, and it is certainly not us.

The collapse is multifactorial. Everyone bears a part of the responsibility - even the people.

JB81

Legendary Member
I won't waste my time listening. This guy worked way before the crash to prepare for the inflation. One of the orta

The crash happened because the Central Bank Governor lied about money held at the bank at 180 bn, to surprise a day after Hariri resigned that the true number is around 20bn

He is either lying the first time, or the second time

The way it looks it is the second time. Manzoumeh fesdeh wants to create economic crash under Aoun's term, to create a fake revolution to topple Aoun

To humiliate Lebanese and go to tell them

This is Ahd Kawi, you Lebanese, you Christians

Rockies

One person in Tayyar (the former MoE - Raed Khoury, I think) barely owns like 2% of Cedrus. It was a misinformation campaign to lump Tayyar with the rest of them. Ma3rouf min 3endo banks, and it is certainly not us.

The collapse is multifactorial. Everyone bears a part of the responsibility - even the people.
The people ? They deposited their money in banks . The safest thing . Not in investment pot . Their salaries go there . How can you change the basics really ?

Cedrus is full of aounists same as banque de liban is full of berrist and MED of harirists. So spare me this story.

Rockies

The crash happened because the Central Bank Governor lied about money held at the bank at 180 bn, to surprise a day after Hariri resigned that the true number is around 20bn

He is either lying the first time, or the second time

The way it looks it is the second time. Manzoumeh fesdeh wants to create economic crash under Aoun's term, to create a fake revolution to topple Aoun

This is Ahd Kawi, you Lebanese, you Christians
From experience how it works in Lebanon Salameh did not act alone. Even Aoun reassured people that it's only rumours that the banks will collapse

JB81

Legendary Member
From experience how it works in Lebanon Salameh did not act alone. Even Aoun reassured people that it's only rumours that the banks will collapse

After he was told by the Governor that the monetary system is in great shape

Why did Salemeh lied? Is he lying to us now?

Can the money be there hidden by Manzoumeh Fesdeh to create a fake economic crash under Aoun's term?

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
The people ? They deposited their money in banks . The safest thing . Not in investment pot . Their salaries go there . How can you change the basics really ?

Cedrus is full of aounists same as banque de liban is full of berrist and MED of harirists. So spare me this story.
Either name me who else is a "Aounist" on their board of directors or spare me the conspiracy theories.

And yes, the people bear a big part of the responsibility for repeatedly electing and protecting the same corrupt establishment time and time again. For always looking for the easy money scheme of worryingly high interest rates and "le3bet el dollar". You know the story. I don't want to get into all this again.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member

Can the money be there hidden by Manzoumeh Fesdeh to create a fake economic crash under Aoun's term?
While I wish that were true, I think the money still being around would be too good to be true. Still, Salemeh is obviously a liar and a tool. He is the key to all this, and the secrecy of his numbers is a gigantic red flag that should have gotten him fired ages ago were it not for the protection placed upon him.

JB81

Legendary Member
While I wish that were true, I think the money still being around would be too good to be true. Still, Salemeh is obviously a liar and a tool. He is the key to all this, and the secrecy of his numbers is a gigantic red flag that should have gotten him fired ages ago were it not for the protection placed upon him.

Our hope on tad2i2 jine2eh to know the truth

Akid ma3 ghassa, because you can never reach truth in this messed up country

JB81

Legendary Member
Kanaan raised good points in the conference about the lack of protection for depositors by the Capital Control proposed by the govt.

As if It's to trap people's money in order to lavish the government spending

If this is the case, as a depositor, I want my money OUT
I want to put them in a safer place

Kanaan wanted the govt to propose a plan with depositors protection measures

What's wrong with that?

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Kanaan raised good points in the conference about the lack of protection for depositors by the Capital Control proposed by the govt.

As if It's to trap people's money in order to lavish the government spending

If this is the case, as a depositor, I want my money OUT
I want to put them in a safer place

Kanaan wanted the govt to propose a plan with depositors protection measures

What's wrong with that?
I don't think the criticism leveled at him is due to that conference alone, but thanks for digging it up and giving your thoughts on it. As I said before, Kanaan never cleared up his position despite the controversy, and we still don't know his side of things.

Rockies

Either name me who else is a "Aounist" on their board of directors or spare me the conspiracy theories.

And yes, the people bear a big part of the responsibility for repeatedly electing and protecting the same corrupt establishment time and time again. For always looking for the easy money scheme of worryingly high interest rates and "le3bet el dollar". You know the story. I don't want to get into all this again.
Every reelection brings tbe same powers. Even in 2022.
The people do not have another choice but to keep their money in a safe which at that time seemed ridiculous.the high interest is not people plan : it's MoF and BDL.
Check and ask how the politicians including basil and LF and Kataeb can aford plane tickets and cars and power never cut . It shows who sent their money abroad. No one is saint in this jungle. I follow no one of these jerks

JB81

Legendary Member
I don't think the criticism leveled at him is due to that conference alone, but thanks for digging it up and giving your thoughts on it. As I said before, Kanaan never cleared up his position despite the controversy, and we still don't know his side of things.

If correct, in this conference, Kanaan mentioned of this point as being part of the Economic Recovery Plan that he loudly proudly torpedoed

You can't trap people's money without guaranteeing that their money is protected

Logic 101

Rockies

If he believed salemeh then he is indeed dumb .
Seriously are u ridiculing our mind here ?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If he believed salemeh then he is indeed dumb .
Seriously are u ridiculing our mind here ?
Note that if Aoun and his party hadn't had a negative opinion on Salameh for years, we can find a justification for it!
but they accused him of bad management for years, suffice to read Ziad Assouad, then Mr Zmek said it several times that they wanted to remove him....(but didn't say why they renewed for him in less than a minute without even opposing for the record and out of principle)
ba3den byejo fer2et el za2ifeh byo2rto 7aki ma byerkab 3ala qaws kozah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dude these guys and their leadership are like the **** who preaches virtue :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
This is in rhyme with Kataeb. Relection.
I think in both cases it is bad for the christians. The Aoun experience basically told the christians that it's better to have a puppet than to have someone who has a base.
I always repeated that there is a void in Christian leadership. Probably mouawad or gmeyel? They proved to follow their interest after all. Who else ? Frangieh vs basil. What the heck !
I think as a Maronite Christian I prefer to have a Muslim president. It gives the Christian community the right attitude to behave in the middle of all the other communities.
I don't want to hijack the thread which is really something will never be forgotten as the inept leaders wish. This land is full of tragedies but this particular one has to put leaders accountable as it shows their real monsterous faces
You dont need a leader for the Christians. You need a leader for the Lebanese people. Also. It’s okay to have coalitions. The only thing that the Aoun era proved is that Aoun is a failed experiment.