Massive Explosion in Beirut | 04-08-2020

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
As always you quote me to ask question you think you will corner with while it is only pure me7n as usual. So be happy and tell us the answer.

Anyway, this is not relevant to the essential idea behind my post that you quoted and that I clarified by making it explicit in the following post

The answer is that you make a makhlouta soup and declare yourself master chef.
Who appoints the judge and the independence of the judiciary are two unrelated issues.
Your current mantra is that FPM appointed Bitar and Bitar sucks in your angry HA universe, therefore FPM becomes hypocrites when they speak of the importance of the independence of the judiciary.
Now some focus arjouk.
HA, FPM or someone from al 7ezb el kurdstanii can appoint any judge.
What the judge does after that is up to the judge.

With your poor logic, whoever appoints a judge is automagically guilty of committing a crime against the independence of the judiciary.

#Resisting Common Sense
#Liberate Your Bassira
#Bala Me7n

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
One of the late FPM 7amsane is their alleged battling for the independence of Justice (the most corrupted institution in Lebanon) from politics while the majority of the judges we have in key positions, have been placed by FPM or the people in their sphere, like the ugly minister Marie-Claude Najem who nominated Bitar to investigate in Beirut port explosion.
Her first choice for the job was rejected like 3 times. FPM's control of the judiciary (and the justice ministry's) is quite the failure by this measure.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

أنا يلي ادعيت ع اشرف ريفي، حليف سمير جعجع، وهيدا الرد عليه

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Emmanuel Macron accused of trying to ‘rehabilitate’ Mohammed bin Salman

Human rights groups criticise French president’s planned meeting with crown prince in Saudi Arabia

Emmanuel Macron

The meeting on Saturday will mark the first one-on-one between the crown prince and a major western leader since the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi. Photograph: Sarah Meyssonnier/Reuters

Human rights groups have criticised Emmanuel Macron’s planned meeting with Mohammed bin Salman in Saudi Arabia on Saturday, which will mark the first one-on-one public meeting of a major western leader with the crown prince since the state-sponsored assassination of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

For three years since the 2018 murder, western heads of state have avoided direct one-on-one meetings with the crown prince in the kingdom. The US president, Joe Biden, has even avoided speaking to the future king in what has widely been seen as an attempt to avoid conferring legitimacy on the de facto ruler.

Specter of problematic crown prince looms over Biden’s Saudi Arabia policy
Read more

But Macron’s move suggests at least one major western leader is ready to formally re-establish ties to the crown prince directly, less than a year after US intelligence agencies released a report stating they believed that Prince Mohammed had approved the murder of Khashoggi.
“Whatever strategic interest France has in Saudi Arabia, nothing can justify their legitimisation of a ruler who kills journalists, threatens activists, imprisons women human rights defenders, slaughters Yemeni civilians, and deceives the international community. Macron diminishes himself and his own country as he stoops to partnership with MBS,” said Agnès Callamard, a French national who serves as Amnesty International’s secretary general.

After Macron was accused of attempting to “rehabilitate” Prince Mohammed, his office defended the meeting, telling journalists that Saudi Arabia was “a major actor in the region”, and stressed that France would have a “demanding dialogue” with the kingdom.

The Élysée Palace said the meeting in Jeddah was not in any way intended to get the crown prince “back in the saddle”. Instead, it was part of Macron’s long-term strategy since his election for France to contribute to “stability” in the region and that the country was presenting itself “as a balancing power in reinforcing dialogue” between countries from the Mediterranean to the Gulf.

Bruce Riedel, a senior fellow at Brookings Intelligence Project who formally served as an analyst at the CIA with a focus on Saudi Arabia, called the meeting a “French seal of approval for MBS and his war in Yemen.”

“Any semblance of western disapproval of Saudi behaviour in Yemen has now been removed. It is a remarkable statement of French betrayal of the Yemeni people,” he said.

He pointed to a recent UN report that showed nearly 400,000 children were at risk of starving to death amid the conflict in Yemen, which Riedel said was a catastrophe that had largely been put in place by Prince Mohammed himself.

News of Macron’s meeting coincided with a new attempt by the Biden administration to reach out to Saudi Arabia as it has sought to persuade the kingdom to increase oil production.

In a statement, the national security council revealed that three senior US officials had travelled to the UAE, Saudi and Qatar to discuss economic issues and areas where the US could “partner to invest in the clean energy future and find ways to further collaborate to build a 21st-century clean energy architecture”.

The Saudi oil giant, Saudi Aramco, has been considered one of the world’s largest contributors to CO2.

US officials said Biden was not expected to have a conversation with Prince Mohammed despite the outreach.

The Biden administration’s relationship with the kingdom is under close scrutiny in the US Congress, where Democrats and Republicans alike have expressed deep disapproval of the kingdom and have called for the US to end all arms sales to Saudis.

Human Rights Watch criticised French arms sales to the region and said Macron must speak out against human rights abuses on his visit to the Gulf, which begins on Friday and will take in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

In a statement, Human Rights Watch said: “Macron should address the atrocious 2018 murder of Jamal Khashoggi. Remaining silent on these matters would be tantamount to turning a blind eye to serious human rights violations.”

flag-waver

Legendary Member
في السياق، تُشير مصادر سياسية بارزة مواكبة لملف العلاقة اللبنانية ـ الخليجية إلى "وجود بوادر حلحلة داخلية قريبة، وذلك على أثر التحركّات الدولية والإقليمية لإعادة لبنان إلى موقعه الطبيعي، لكن المُشكلة تكمن في أن جميع المبادرات والتسويات التي قامت من نشوء الدولة اللبنانية، لم تؤد بمعظمها إلى حلحلة دائمة، بغضّ النظر حول طبيعة التسويات والمبادرات هذه، والجهات التي عملت على إنهاء الأزمات. وهذا أصعب ما يواجهه لبنان وما سيواجهه نظراً للتركيبة السياسية والطائفية التي يتكوّن منها نظامه".

وتكشف المصادر السياسية نفسها، أن "التسويّة القائمة الأن، سيكون ملف تفجير المرفأ أبرز ملفاتها وهذا ما جعل رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون، يُبادر إلى الطلب من رئيس الحكومة نجيب ميقاتي، الدعوة سريعاً لعقد جلسةٍ حكومية بمن حضر. والجميع يعلم بأن الرئيس عون لا يُمكن أن يلجأ إلى طرحٍ كهذا، لولا وجود ضوء أخضر من حليفه الشيعي "حزب الله"."

وتجزم المصادر أن "حلّ ملف تفجير المرفأ سيكون على حساب الشهداء والجرحى الذين سقطوا، وعلى حساب أهاليهم وقضيتهم، وما استقالة قرداحي، سوى تعبيد للطريق للوصول إلى هذا الحل، إذ أن الرئيس عون يحتاج إلى جرعةٍ سياسية يشحذ من خلالها وضعه الإنتخابي، ومن جهة أخرى، يسعى الثنائي الشيعي إلى التخلّص من حبل ملف تفجير المرفأ الذي بدأ يلتّف حول عنقه، وهذا ما كشفت عنه أحداث الطيونة بعدما اتضح أن الثنائي مُستعدٌ للدخول في حربٍ غير محسوبة النتائج في سبيل التخلّص من هذا الملف".

وتعود المصادر السياسية لتكشف عن أن "الحل سيكون من خلال اتفاق بين نوّاب "الثنائي الشيعي" وحلفائهم وتكتل "لبنان القوي"، يقوم على تقديم مشروع في مجلس النواب، يُمنع بموجبه محاكمة النواب واستجوابهم في أي ملف، وبذلك يتم التخلّص من سيف القاضي البيطار المُصلت على رقاب نوّاب "الثنائي". لكن السؤال الذي لا بدّ من طرحه، هل أن التسويات هذه ستظل قائمة حتّى ما بعد الإنتخابات النيابية في حال حصولها طبعاً، أم أن مفعولها سينتهي بمجرد رفع شبح التهديد القضائي عن جزء من المنظومة الحاكمة؟.

agnostic

Legendary Member
The answer is that you make a makhlouta soup and declare yourself master chef.
Who appoints the judge and the independence of the judiciary are two unrelated issues.
Your current mantra is that FPM appointed Bitar and Bitar sucks in your angry HA universe, therefore FPM becomes hypocrites when they speak of the importance of the independence of the judiciary.
Now some focus arjouk.
HA, FPM or someone from al 7ezb el kurdstanii can appoint any judge.
What the judge does after that is up to the judge.

With your poor logic, whoever appoints a judge is automagically guilty of committing a crime against the independence of the judiciary.

#Resisting Common Sense
#Liberate Your Bassira
#Bala Me7n
Who can name can replace. And where were your awareness about justice's independence when the ugly Marie-Claude Bajem, the Batrak and the others who are now defending the whore Bitar under the pretext of justice's independence , criticized and pushed to the resignation of Judge Maza7.

When you entrust the already despoiled country to Bassil, one should expect that nothing will be left of the state that hasn't been used for the sake of his wet dream of becoming president. Wel anka with Bassil is that he is so bad whether in ethics or in calculations, that he will burn everything (the judiciary system in our current topic) without being able to improve his chances to be elected as an MP not to speak about becoming president of the hell-living country of Lebanon.

agnostic

Legendary Member
Her first choice for the job was rejected like 3 times. FPM's control of the judiciary (and the justice ministry's) is quite the failure by this measure.
So she wanted another one than Bitar but she still named Bitar! This is very interesting. Did she name Bitar to please HA or Sheta and the Jewry?

Rockies

Who can name can replace. And where were your awareness about justice's independence when the ugly Marie-Claude Bajem, the Batrak and the others who are now defending the whore Bitar under the pretext of justice's independence , criticized and pushed to the resignation of Judge Maza7.

When you entrust the already despoiled country to Bassil, one should expect that nothing will be left of the state that hasn't been used for the sake of his wet dream of becoming president. Wel anka with Bassil is that he is so bad whether in ethics or in calculations, that he will burn everything (the judiciary system in our current topic) without being able to improve his chances to be elected as an MP not to speak about becoming president of the hell-living country of Lebanon.
best part of ur rubbish is ur other rubbish maza7
which translates to joke because u and him are a joke. He is still a judge. Because in his DNA and urs, you both default to lying and Propanada.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
best part of ur rubbish is ur other rubbish maza7
which translates to joke because u and him are a joke. He is still a judge. Because in his DNA and urs, you both default to lying and Propanada.

I don’t blame brother @agnostic
And i kind of see where he’s coming from
I never believed that 1 day i’ll be saying this but when it comes to Bitar i kind of agree with Hezb’s point of view.
Not in Hezb’s defense, but out of criticism to the judge for giving them the opportunity to obstruct the investigations on a silver platter.
There is obvious istensebiyeh bel ta7qiq and it is obvious that whoever runs Bittar is trading favors with some side (could include the americans) to protect the army leadership

when it comes to neglect, there is no doubt that the army and defense council headed by the President are the number 1 neglectors yet those are being completely excluded from his investigation
Hezb might be actively trying to reroute the investigations towards their number 1 archenemy in the Lebanese scene (the army institution without a doubt)
However as a citizen i still would expect a transparent investigative effort leaving no stones unturned, no gloves.
Hence why i don’t trust Bittar nor his willingness to get to the bottom of this catastrophe.

In a summary,
The judge is a 3awni and there are favours being traded.
Our best bet is to stall the investigations until 3awn is finally thrown out of office perhaps his successor possess some slight sense of self respect and professionalism not meddling in judiciary.

Rockies

I don’t blame brother @agnostic
And i kind of see where he’s coming from
I never believed that 1 day i’ll be saying this but when it comes to Bitar i kind of agree with Hezb’s point of view.
Not in Hezb’s defense, but out of criticism to the judge for giving them the opportunity to obstruct the investigations on a silver platter.
There is obvious istensebiyeh bel ta7qiq and it is obvious that whoever runs Bittar is trading favors with some side (could include the americans) to protect the army leadership

when it comes to neglect, there is no doubt that the army and defense council headed by the President are the number 1 neglectors yet those are being completely excluded from his investigation
Hezb might be actively trying to reroute the investigations towards their number 1 archenemy in the Lebanese scene (the army institution without a doubt)
However as a citizen i still would expect a transparent investigative effort leaving no stones unturned, no gloves.
Hence why i don’t trust Bittar nor his willingness to get to the bottom of this catastrophe.

In a summary,
The judge is a 3awni and there are favours being traded.
Our best bet is to stall the investigations until 3awn is finally thrown out of office perhaps his successor possess some slight sense of self respect and professionalism not meddling in judiciary.
This is nonsense . If u want to think that way the whole of the Lebanese system and laws need review. Everyone from the responsible of this disaster is capable to defend oneself saying this is outside my responsibility.

a judge position is superior to the like of nasralla and all the orta in the system.

the disaster showed the level of incompetence these have.

regardless whose judge you prefer , just take the victims family side. A judge is free to investigate and interrogate any of these filthy criminals

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is nonsense . If u want to think that way the whole of the Lebanese system and laws need review. Everyone from the responsible of this disaster is capable to defend oneself saying this is outside my responsibility.

a judge position is superior to the like of nasralla and all the orta in the system.

the disaster showed the level of incompetence these have.

regardless whose judge you prefer , just take the victims family side. A judge is free to investigate and interrogate any of these filthy criminals

but that's the problem
You'd love to think that a judge position is superior or maybe put all your trust into their institution blindly
but that would work in a country where institutions function properly
or maybe in a country where misconduct is severely punished, not a lawless jungle as the one we live in.
in our jungle a judge 7a2o franc

You'd like to trust the judge blindly ? be my guest
but you can't expect others to have the same trust while political meddling in the juidiciary is not a secret
it happens publicly even, w b kel wa2e7a, live on TV.

agnostic

Legendary Member
@Patriot
You are always Assyl ya bro

@Rockies
If you were sincere and all you find on the contents of my posts that you quote is that they are rubbish, why didn't you ignore them instead of bothering yourself to quote them?
Perhaps you consider this conclusion of yours could only be got by a superior intelligence you have the privilege to have and you wanted to share with those who lacked such intelligence. Or perhaps you are just a jerk.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
So she wanted another one than Bitar but she still named Bitar! This is very interesting. Did she name Bitar to please HA or Sheta and the Jewry?
She did it to please those who stonewalled her picks (because the justice ministry has no ultimate power over judicial appointments) because they thought the excellent prosecutor she wanted was a Aouni and was unacceptable. So, probably to please both of your options plus all of their allies in majlis el qada2 el a3la :)