May Khreish in trouble for recommending a book?

• Advertisement
  • Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Regardless, shaklo fi list of titles that we are allowed to read.
    I really don't get it!!!....who the hell gave them the right to ban this or that book....?

We are free to read whatever we want...

NewLeb

NewLeb

the pillars of islam shaken by a book that probably nobody has read yet again 😂😂

@NewLeb ehat do your vibrational vibes tell you about allah’s feelings being hurt by this book?
    I new my name would be mentioned here. ;)

Nevertheless, this is simply a reflection of ego. The extent to which an individual is personally insulted or hurt by words or images is directly proportional to the degree to which he is attached to ego. This is why people like Mr. Trump keep winning, despite all the insults and demonizations that are hurled at him.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Normally, I would have defended her right to freedom of speech.
    But given that the person in question is a member of FPM, a party famous for inflaming sectarian tensions, banning LGBT bands, and arresting people because of their tweets, I'll just sit on the fence and watch the drama unfold.

She is now victim of the very totalitarian system she helped create.
    Let her reap the fruits of her own folly.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Just bought an ebook version, will let you know what I think 😎
    Lot of people will do the same as u now.....just because this dar fatwa is making lot of stupid noise around this book....many people will hurry to read it out of curiosity

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I new my name would be mentioned here. ;)

Nevertheless, this is simply a reflection of ego. The extent to which an individual is personally insulted or hurt by words or images is directly proportional to the degree to which he is attached to ego. This is why people like Mr. Trump keep winning, despite all the insults and demonizations that are hurled at him.
    i didnt ask you ant a person’s ego, i asked you about allah.
    how does allah treat such matters ? 🤔

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

The comedic replies in this thread are really something else. Cognitive dissonance on LSD. May Khreich is a FPM official in a deeply sectarian country. Imagine if Wael Abou Faour recommended Why I Am Not a Christian by Bertrand Russell, Aounists would have suffered multiple aneurysms. This is exactly why FPM despite having a reformist program couldn't get its message across became despised and hated by many.

Yes she's free to read any book she wants, but holding a position in a political party entails wisdom and intelligence, of which May has none.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Already found something that may be why this book is thought of as "problematic"

Arrivé entre-temps à Médine, Abû Bakr s’engouffre rapidement dans la chambre funèbre ; il pose un baiser sur le front du Prophète et ressort aussitôt. Il essaye de calmer la fureur de ‘Umar et, imperturbable, s’adresse à la foule : « Écoutez-moi ! Que ceux qui adorent Muhammad sachent que
    Muhammad est mort. Que ceux qui adorent Dieu sachent que Dieu est éternel et ne meurt jamais. »
    Il poursuit : « Dieu nous dit dans le Coran : Muhammad n’est qu’un prophète. Des prophètes ont vécu avant lui. Retourneriez-vous sur vos pas s’il mourait ou s’il était tué ? (3:144)

Curieusement, ce verset du Coran, personne, pas même ‘Umar, ne se souvient de l’avoir entendu auparavant ! Sur ces paroles d’Abû Bakr, tout le monde se tait et la foule se disperse ; chacun s’enferme chez lui dans l’angoisse de ce qui va arriver. Un silence de plomb tombe sur Médine ; on n’entend plus que des aboiements continus qui se traînent au loin…

This passage seems to indicate that this verse was added to the Qur'an while Muhammed was dying, since no one had heard it before.. we'll see what happens 👀