May Khreish in trouble for recommending a book?

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
I'll make it up.

The story reminds me of what happened to an average guy Charbel Khoury in 2019.

Charbel Khoury dared to express doubt in what someone tweeted about a miracle from Saint Charbel.

Charbel Khoury lost his job, got arrested, was threatened to death and his parents address were published publicly.

He had to sign a paper to not interact on social media.
I don't understand why u r quoting me and @SeaAb?

I personally condemn any religious interference.. christian or muslim.. in personal lives

Charbel has the right to criticize any saint he wants... how did u conclude that I was againt his tweet abt mar charbel?!

I was even against the cancelation of mashrou3 leila spectacle in jbeil....

• Advertisement
  • dyyyy

dyyyy

I don't understand why u r quoting me and @SeaAb?

I personally condemn any religious interference.. christian or muslim.. in personal lives

Charbel has the right to criticize any saint he wants... how did u conclude that I was againt his tweet abt mar charbel?!

I was even against the cancelation of mashrou3 leila spectacle in jbeil....
    no no this was just for @SeaAb to even things out for him :D
    didn't mean to imply anything

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    She's not a detail, she caused all of this due to her stupidity and impertinence. Of course I do not condone anything against her and she has the right to free speech but even in the West politicians do not have the liberty to say what they please without repercussions.

This more than anything else proves that FPMers live in a small bubble with no real awareness of the outside world. It's as if a Football coach doesn't study opposing teams and expects to win. It's called pandering for a reason. The goal of political parties is to corral as much people as possible under their umbrella and use their numbers to increase their power in government. Apparently FPM isn't aware of that simple fact.

Why give ammunition to your detractors? This is "We have to teach the West how to run their countries without a budget" blunder all over again.
    >woman in party posts a book recommendation
    >woman gets tackled by retarded religious leaders and political opponents
    >you and others antagonize the woman and call fpmers bubble dwellers instead of standing up fir her right to read and share watever damn book she wants.

1585264999963.jpeg

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    hahahaha public tweet about books are now taboo 😂😂
    I think you're missing the point, big guy.
    This is not about Khreich being reprimanded for a tweet, which we all agree is an attempt on freedom of speech.

This is about FPM falling suddenly realizing that the very system they helped create, came back to bite them in the butt.
    No wonder Khreich had to apologize to Dar el Fatwa. She has no ground to stand on.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    🤦‍♂️ This is machrou3 Leila all over again.
    We really have no clue what freedom of expression is.

I love how every politician swings between being for freedom of speech ant sensitive for religious figures depending on what suits them.
    Sorry big difference between Mashrou3 Layla which is a satanic praising and rituals for certain new modern human kind and the book of ouardi. It costs 18 $ online for people who wants to read my cousin just bought it.
    Ouardi book is a kind of historical and personal interpretation of the utter ouardi.

dyyyy

dyyyy

Sorry big difference between Mashrou3 Layla which is a satanic praising and rituals for certain new modern human kind and the book of ouardi. It costs 18 $ online for people who wants to read my cousin just bought it.
    Ouardi book is a kind of historical and personal interpretation of the utter ouardi.
    Who decides what is satanic and what is acceptable?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

>woman in party posts a book recommendation
    >woman gets tackled by retarded religious leaders and political opponents
    >you and others antagonize the woman and call fpmers bubble dwellers instead of standing up fir her right to read and share watever damn book she wants.

View attachment 18766
    You keep simplifying the matter. It's as if a driver killed a bystander while speed driving and your title would be "Man Jailed For Driving His Car"

She's not any woman, she's a FPM official. Precisely, نائب رئيس التيار الوطني الحر للشؤون السياسي. Hal ne2ib, ma bta3rif inno you catch more flieswith honey than vinegar? That's the crux of the matter. She could have avoided all of this altogether. You cannot dictate how people will react, you can only hover above it or use to your own advantage.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

This is not about Khreich being reprimanded for a tweet, which we all agree is an attempt on freedom of speech.

This is about FPM falling suddenly realizing that the very system they helped create, came back to bite them in the butt.
    No wonder Khreich had to apologize to Dar el Fatwa. She has no ground to stand on.
    Moreover, the concept of PR simply eludes FPM. On the contrary, they actively seek to antagonize everybody who isn't a Aounist. Then proceed to be surprised from the uproar of their actions :lol:

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    @dyyyy

If I may also add, the context of what is said matters a lot. If we are in a debate and you call a revered figure fraudulent, that can be tolerated. But if you go about using inflammatory words "to provoke", then that is a different thing. We already know by the fact you are an atheist that you don't believe revered figures to be truthful. Outside certain contexts, if you rub offensive words on the faces of people, then your mission is not to declare or state but to provoke and instigate a reaction. Not everything offensive can be provocative. We are not babies. We know when something is offensive in a bid to provoke and cause uproar or show disrespect.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Who decides what is satanic and what is acceptable?
    I really like your question and I really find it very important. Who decides what is true and what is false? Well in our Arab societies it is unfortunately the religious institutes which decide what is good and what is not good.

Each time an event takes place in the country each time a book is published we find the religious whether Christians or Muslims giving their opinion and it is they who decide whether it is appropriate or not read this book or watch this show.

They find that they even have the right to give their opinion in political events and decisions. We demand and on the spot, the establishment of a secular republic

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

I'll make it up.

The story reminds me of what happened to an average guy Charbel Khoury in 2019.

Charbel Khoury dared to express doubt in what someone tweeted about a miracle from Saint Charbel.

Charbel Khoury lost his job, got arrested, was threatened to death and his parents address were published publicly.

He had to sign a paper to not interact on social media.
    Extremism is extremism, whether it was muslim, christian or jew.

and unfortunately in Lebanon we have a lot of those snowflakes.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Elefteriades has always been a silly blow-hard. As if there are no topics besides religion to discuss.

May should have been smarter than to elicit a provocation from Muslims that doesn't benefit her or FPM.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Elefteriades has always been a silly blow-hard. As if there are no topics besides religion to discuss.

May should have been smarter than to elicit a provocation from Muslims that doesn't benefit her or FPM.
    she actually deleted her tweet....

Great point for freedom of expression in this country!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

do tell me what is this system that fom put in place? and as much as i am concerned this tweet is a form of personal expression stop trying to shove fpm in every post, the party has nothing to do with it.
    you can try as much as you want but the issue starts and stops at personal liberties and people failing to see that because if their petty political hatred is pretty much sad.

but it was nice seiing you defend religious backwardism, its a good look on you :)