May Khreish in trouble for recommending a book?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
You keep simplifying the matter. It's as if a driver killed a bystander while speed driving and your title would be "Man Jailed For Driving His Car"

She's not any woman, she's a FPM official. Precisely, نائب رئيس التيار الوطني الحر للشؤون السياسي. Hal ne2ib, ma bta3rif inno you catch more flieswith honey than vinegar? That's the crux of the matter. She could have avoided all of this altogether. You cannot dictate how people will react, you can only hover above it or use to your own advantage.
omg.. i am not dictating how the avg joe should react, i dont care if the avg joe hits back at her. I care that a religious institution threatened a sectarian lawsuit over a book and was able to shut her down.

keep living on your silly fpm bubble and missing the point

• Advertisement
  • The_FPMer

The_FPMer

she actually deleted her tweet....

Great point for freedom of expression in this country!
    omg.. i am not dictating how the avg joe should react, i dont care if the avg joe hits back at her. I care that a religious institution threatened a sectarian lawsuit over a book and was able to shut her down.

keep living on your silly fpm bubble and missing the point
    This is exactly the point. She should have known that there's little tolerance for religious freedom in this country and stayed away from controversy. A drunk fool would have advised her against posting that book but it seems wits are always missing in FPM. Gher inno hiye b7ad zeta wouldn't have tolerated a book recommendation critical of Christianity.

As a high ranking official in FPM, she should have had the foresight not to antagonize 65% of the Lebanese population.

Even if a high-level official in the Trump/Macron/Trudeau/Johnson administration recommended a book like that, there would be controversy in their countries.

Last edited:
    The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Right, now can you point that out to yourself 👀?
    I never condoned the attacks against her. I said that she should have been smart enough to know that they will be uproar from religious bigots and thus picking a non-controversial book would have been a smarter choice.

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    this wont hold up in court, there is no criminal offense for reading a book that the authorities have already allowed to be sold, but damn mayyy did you have to choose a book called "the last days of muhammad " :lol:

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    i have to say, i missed that fiasco!!!! just heard of it now, and not sure i have all the details.
    But from a quick glance, if this book is so insulting to islam, why is it available legally in Lebanon?

I am not saying it should be made illegal.. i believe all books and views should be legal... but since everyone is so over sensitive in Lebanon, why let this book be legally available.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    i have to say, i missed that fiasco!!!! just heard of it now, and not sure i have all the details.
    But from a quick glance, if this book is so insulting to islam, why is it available legally in Lebanon?

I am not saying it should be made illegal.. i believe all books and views should be legal... but since everyone is so over sensitive in Lebanon, why let this book be legally available.
    It's not but i've also just read 10 pages so far 😅 I think the author should be happy with this scandal lol

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    It's not but i've also just read 10 pages so far 😅 I think the author should be happy with this scandal lol
    it's not legal? and why should the author be happy?

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    it's not legal? and why should the author be happy?
    No I'm saying it's not offensive, the author does a good job of documenting all her claims with Islamic sources. And she should be happy because people like me who have never heard of her book just bought it because of the scandal lol

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Can someone provide a link to a pdf version in english? All I've come across is in French.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The source of the problem is not in an author stating certain "facts". The source of the problem, or rather the rot, is in the hadith compilations. There are many filthy narrations that were included or compiled in the main hadith books of both the Shia and the Sunnis. Of course, the Muslims know that these narrations are not genuine or authoritative and are therefore discarded. But we cant deny the fact that there are rotten hadiths in the compilations and these rotten hadiths are the source for people who have something to say against Islam. These people wont know about the science of hadith. They think all hadiths are acceptable. Tell this Sheikh about the hadiths the Banu Umayyah and their fabrication machine contributed to, and he wont want to hear.