May murr - where to get her works?

jadd

jadd

May Murr is a Lebanese poet and historian, and I've came across some of her works online and a bunch of articles about her. Apparently Said Akl praised her poetry in "Elissa" (a historical drama she wrote in the 1960s/70s, not the present day singer) and I was wondering if anyone has ever read it (or any other work by mrs. Murr) and if anyone knows where I can buy them or find them in a library?

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Can't say I've ever heard of her but if you do find her poems please share some excerpts

jadd

jadd

Can't say I've ever heard of her but if you do find her poems please share some excerpts
    أرشيف المجلات الأدبية والثقافية العربية
    Here is a poem she published in the 80s about "Thor and Maia" (Maia was a Greek goddess of growth, no idea who Thor is)
    I'm kind of a history buff so I can't but be bothered at the historical inaccuracy in the short intro of the poem but her poetic style is beautiful imo and it got me interested in searching for more of her works

manifesto

manifesto

Apparently she's the younger sister of Michel Murr and the founding member of The Guardians of the Cedar.
    She was one of the biggest advocates of Phoenicianism.

That's probably why she was praised by Said Akl.