Merkel Germany Chancellor visit to Lebanon

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Despite being the world's most powerful woman, she used her influence for good.

She kept her sanity and didn't yield to pressure at a time when right-wing populism was sweeping Europe.
She was kind enough to share some of the burden of refugees flooding the continent.
Under her leadership, Germany became the largest economy in Europe, 4th largest in the world.
She's undeniably smart and witty.
Here's what she had to say about Putin, after he brought his dog to a meeting in order to scare her:
“I understand why he has to do this, to prove he’s a man,” Mrs Merkel said. “He’s afraid of his own weakness. Russia has nothing, no successful politics or economy. All they have is this.”

Germany <3

I don't think the women who got gang raped, and who no longer feel safe walking in their country, consider her policies a force for good.

And we'll see what future generations have to say when their country, and continent, are in a civil war against Islam.

I don't think anyone will care about the economy, then. But good for her if these short-sighted tactics get her re-elected :rolleyes:

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I don't think the women who got gang raped, and who no longer feel safe walking in their country, consider her policies a force for good.

And we'll see what future generations have to say when their country, and continent, are in a civil war against Islam.

I don't think anyone will care about the economy, then. But good for her if these short-sighted tactics get her re-elected :rolleyes:

In fairness
She had no choice

Remember refugees got into Europe illegally at first. They weren’t invited.
Kicking them out and closing the borders wouldn’t play in her favor at all within the German public opinion.
Europeans are too soft when it comes to humanitarian causes.
The last thing a German politician wants to be labelled is ‘racist’

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
In fairness
She had no choice

Remember refugees got into Europe illegally at first. They weren’t invited.
Kicking them out and closing the borders wouldn’t play in her favor at all within the German public opinion.
Europeans are too soft when it comes to humanitarian causes.
The last thing a German politician wants to be labelled is ‘racist’

As I said...she put her re-election ahead of her country's future well-being.

If she truly is as strong as people make her out to be, she could have convinced her people that she is not being racist, but thinking of their future.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

If she truly is as strong as people make her out to be, she could have convinced her people that she is not being racist, but thinking of their future.

True
However that’s what the German people wanted back then. Putting the blame on Merkel alone is not fair.
Convincing them might prove very challenging since they still try to wipe their racism-packed past till this day.

They learned the lesson the hard way (hopefully)
Now is her real chance to prove her strength by correcting the mistake made by the German people.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

I don't know about that. The reports seem very questionable.
Fact-Check: Is There Truth To Refugee Rape Reports? - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

But let's suppose for the sake of argument that Germany has a refugee rape problem.
Don't you think it's inhumane to deny people a chance at survival, just because of a few rotten apples?
There's a simple solution to that: Deport all criminal refugees.

But anyway, that's a purely internal matter.
What matters to me as a Lebanese is Germany's foreign policy towards my country.

You guys, especially Trump supporters, seem to have short a memory span.
When the USA gave Saudi Arabia the green light to hold Hariri captive, Germany was the first to condemn Riyadh.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

How so? If anything her commitment to refugees has hurt her re-election chances, as it made her less popular among certain sections of the German population.

She's an admirable lady on all accounts.

Also you have to respect a woman who's not afraid to show her cleavage at 63 ;)

merkel.jpeg

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I don't know about that. The reports seem very questionable.
Fact-Check: Is There Truth To Refugee Rape Reports? - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

But let's suppose for the sake of argument that Germany has a refugee rape problem.
Don't you think it's inhumane to deny people a chance at survival, just because of a few rotten apples?
There's a simple solution to that: Deport all criminal refugees.

How about helping those people in their own countries? Is Europe supposed to take in the billions of people around the world who live in lesser conditions? Where does it stop?

And there is nothing questionable about the rape accusations. They are well-documented facts. Leftist journalists either straight-out lie, or they parrot lies without verifying them.

Leftists want more refugees, because immigrants tend to vote for leftist / liberal parties.

But anyway, that's a purely internal matter.
What matters to me as a Lebanese is Germany's foreign policy towards my country.

You guys, especially Trump supporters, seem to have short a memory span.
When the USA gave Saudi Arabia the green light to hold Hariri captive, Germany was the first to condemn Riyadh.

When did I become a Trump supporter?

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
How so? If anything her commitment to refugees has hurt her re-election chances, as it made her less popular among certain sections of the German population.

She's an admirable lady on all accounts.

Also you have to respect a woman who's not afraid to show her cleavage at 63 ;)

View attachment 10451

I cannot admire anyone who has a hand in the islamization of the West.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
How about helping those people in their own countries? Is Europe supposed to take in the billions of people around the world who live in lesser conditions? Where does it stop?

And there is nothing questionable about the rape accusations. They are well-documented facts. Leftist journalists either straight-out lie, or they parrot lies without verifying them.

Leftists want more refugees, because immigrants tend to vote for leftist / liberal parties.

I admitted my lack of knowledge of this issue. Leftists claim the rape statistics are dubious. Right-wing media claims the opposite.
How do we know what's true anymore?

And Merkel is not a leftist to begin with. She's the leader of the "Christian democratic party." I'm sure the Islamization of Europe isn't on her agenda ;)

600,000 refugees will do more good than harm to Germany's aging population.
Germany can now boast having Europe's cheapest labor force.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I admitted my lack of knowledge of this issue. Leftists claim the rape statistics are dubious. Right-wing media claims the opposite.
How do we know what's true anymore?

You go to the primary source: the testimonies of the women.

And Merkel is not a leftist to begin with. She's the leader of the "Christian democratic party." I'm sure the Islamization of Europe isn't on her agenda ;)

Her party being called Christian does not make her immune to mistakes.

When the Vatican itself is infiltrated by enemies of the Church, anyone else can be, as well.

600,000 refugees will do more good than harm to Germany's aging population.
Germany can now boast having Europe's cheapest labor force.

She could invest the money spent on refugees as incentives for german families to have more children.

Or, if she insists on immigrants, she could bring them from countries that are not islamic...people who will adapt better to German culture.

gramsci

Legendary Member

I dont think that there is any risk of islamisation in europe , on in any individual country ( maybe in france and england ) ..
islam is not an attractive religion for the most of european .. if something the only ideology advancing in atheism ( thank god :D )

in italy we are almost 15 % and the number is growing .. the second religion right after catholicism ..

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You go to the primary source: the testimonies of the women.
Or, if she insists on immigrants, she could bring them from countries that are not islamic...people who will adapt better to German culture.

Humanitarianism cannot afford to be selective.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
humanitariansim is not equal to people trafficking which is exactly what is happening nowadays, and is not a business that many many "humanitarian" ngos make a living from

gramsci

Legendary Member
humanitariansim is not equal to people trafficking which is exactly what is happening nowadays, and is not a business that many many "humanitarian" ngos make a living from
france hold a historical responsability since it colonized and continue to colonize many of african countries till now a day

last but not least the war against lybia ..
so when italy told the africans ..go to france it was not a wrong decision..

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Is self-destruction part of humanitarianism now?

As I said...help poor people in their own countries. Stop waging war on them and exploiting them and their resources, then claiming to be "humanitarian" because you brought them to your country for economic and electoral purposes.

If you think the migrant business has anything to do with humanitarianism, I got (real) news for you.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I hope #Bassil_al_Qawi teaches Merkel a thing or two about patriotism.

Thawra # Furoshima

German GDP: 3.467 trillion USD (2016)

Russian GDP: 1.283 trillion USD (2016)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@LVV

A country 47 times smaller than Russia, has a 3 times bigger economy.
When ignorance prevails
Merkel has today a good relationship with Putin
Germany is Russia greatest economic partner in Europe specially Russia gaz
As for GDP you are taking GDP per currency which doesn’t apply to Russia
Russia deal in Ruble not Dollars
Russia true GDP based on PPP
Purchase parity power is greater than Germany 5 trillions dollars in 2018
Russia GDP per capita PPP | 1990-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast