[Metn Heading to federalising its waste] Lebanon's waste problem

• Advertisement
  • Booyakasha

Booyakasha

FPM ktirr m2assrine and it's simply not enough to just say that we are opposing from inside the gvt w ma aam yetla3 bi idna as usual. It is truly unacceptable, we are getting sick of it and meanwhile all we can hear FPM officials talk about is the ra2is kawi this, ra2is kawi that while the country is literally sinking in garbage rivers.

For the first time i think i am ready to get past all the "wen kento lamma kenna" and "kellon ya3ne kellon" BS and seriously consider to go to the demo tomorrow since FPM is clearly not in this same page and does not have the streets option on the table anymore. I mean where is the pressure, why isn't FPM at least making a big deal out of it in the media?! Disappointment...

I finally do not care who gets the credit for this, all I care about is the garbage to be removed ASAP. Enough is enough.
    Makes sense. And whether the apologists like it or not, while amal-FM-PSP-Lf-HA are openly corrupt mafiosi and/or keeping a blind eye on corruption, FPM is - at the very least- an empty-promise incompetent party. Cannot think of anything else but empty slogans to describe FPM. Especially after what that party has shown externally in terms of inability to achieve anything significant in the past 11 years - or internally in terms of being an example to follow in nepotism..Time for an alternative.

Impera

Impera

Ribi7 dildos.

الحاج حسن لـ"الجمهورية": الشعب اللبناني ربحَ

O

OnlyLebanon

Just for the record:

1. Costa Brava is located in Khaldeh, Aaley, mostly Druze (i think)
    2. Burj Hammoud in a town in Metn of 37,141 registered voters, half of them living there and mostly Christian Armenian.
    3. Naameh is a town in Chouf of 1,909 registered voters, mostly living there and mostly maronite.
    بو صعب من السرايا: سوكلين هي الشركة الوحيدة المؤهلة لتنفيذ الحل راهنا وأي اتحاد بلديات جاهز للإنسحاب من الحل المطروح فهو حر وهذا ما شددنا عليه

Aoun got his paycheck, and he dumped his own people. He even accepted to throw his armenian ally, yet there are those here whining about Frangiyeh stabbing him.

Hameed

Hameed

أهم شي المّكب تبع الكوستا برافا كرمال ناكل سمك طازج

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    lebanon needs a temporary solution now. the movement can keep the pressure to find a permanent one but the garbage have to be taken from the streets and the forests at any cost

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Makes sense. And whether the apologists like it or not, while amal-FM-PSP-Lf-HA are openly corrupt mafiosi and/or keeping a blind eye on corruption, FPM is - at the very least- an empty-promise incompetent party. Cannot think of anything else but empty slogans to describe FPM. Especially after what that party has shown externally in terms of inability to achieve anything significant in the past 11 years - or internally in terms of being an example to follow in nepotism..Time for an alternative.
    I have a Short, Tall, Grande, Venti and Trenta answers for you which size would you like Sir? Welcome to PassThe(Orange)Buck :)

Hameed

Hameed

lebanon needs a temporary solution now. the movement can keep the pressure to find a permanent one but the garbage have to be taken from the streets and the forests at any cost
    organic waste should remain in the forests, not piled up but smothered.

48 hours, organic waste will not smell as the sun would've evaporated 80% of its water/liquid content (cause of the smell).

The remaining 20% will be consumed by the aerobic ( in the air ) bacteria, flies and bugs as it breaks down the organic matter.

By 72 hours,
    ( in dry weather conditions e.g summer time ) the organic matter becomes dry ( odorless, harmless) waiting for autumn hot dry air to cook it enough (like microwave) to be pulverized until winter comes
    ( in wet conditions e.g winter time) the organic matter will hold enough rain water to allow the aerobic bacteria to eat and break down all of it, releasing a very nice fragrance

1 month max, it will turn into precious fertilizer for the forest, as the amount of organic matter increase in the forest, the decomposition process becomes much much much faster than anyone could imagine
    The reason is because you've created a favorable healthy eco system for beneficial bacteria to live, hungry and waiting for the next batch of organic matter to be dumped in.

All the above is only possible, if and only if, the people ( el sha3eb ) becomes disciplined enough as to separate organic from non-organic matter starting from HOME !! and not mix everything in SATTEL EL ZBELEH ( dear inferior females )

Because organic matter is trapped in closed Sukleen compartments mixed with non-organic matter blocking more air (bacteria needs oxygen) from getting inside the compartment. Come rain the compartment will be filled with water, allowing for a soggy substance releasing a very nasty sickening smell.

Last edited:
    J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    organic waste should remain in the forests, not piled up but smothered.

48 hours, organic waste will not smell as the sun would've evaporated 80% of its water/liquid content (cause of the smell).

The remaining 20% will be consumed the aerobic ( in the air ) bacteria, flies and bugs as it breaks down the organic matter.

By 72 hours,
    ( in dry weather conditions e.g summer time ) the organic matter becomes dry ( odorless, harmless) waiting for autumn hot dry air to cook it enough (like microwave) to be pulverized until winter comes
    ( in wet conditions e.g winter time) the organic matter will hold enough rain water to allow the aerobic bacteria to eat and break down all of it, releasing a very nice fragrance

1 month max, it will turn into precious fertilizer for the forest, as the amount of organic matter increase in the forest, the decomposition process becomes much much much faster than anyone could imagine
    The reason is because you've created a favorable healthy eco system for beneficial bacteria to live, hungry and waiting for the next batch of organic matter to be dumped in.

All the above is only possible, if and only if, the people ( el sha3eb ) becomes disciplined enough as to separate organic from non-organic matter starting from HOME !! and not mix everything in SATTEL EL ZBELEH ( dear inferior females )

Because organic matter is trapped in closed Sukleen compartments mixed with non-organic matter blocking more air (bacteria needs oxygen) from getting inside the compartment. Come rain the compartment will be filled with water, allowing for a soggy substance releasing a very nasty sickening smell.
    Hameed you should really patent this waste management process, and quickly :)

Hameed

Hameed

Hameed you should really patent this waste management process, and quickly :)
    why would I want to patent a process that isn't mine ? a process created by God, a process that follows the rules of nature.
    All I did was mimic this process in my growing pots and have reached a point where every time I dump my organic waste, I realize that the decomposition happens faster than when I first started, one day it was a leaf, ond week later it becomes dirt (literally like chocolate)

Impera

Impera

why would I want to patent a process that isn't mine ? a process created by God, a process that follows the rules of nature.
    All I did was mimic this process in my growing pots and have reached a point where every time I dump my organic waste, I realize that the decomposition happens faster than when I first started, one day it was a leaf, ond week later it becomes dirt (literally like chocolate)
    Because God is dead and it's every man for himself now. Everyone against everyone. Bellum omnium contra omnes :) Patent it, and don't donate the money to ISIS :p

Hameed

Hameed

Ma tekfor ya @Impera no matter what, all these people are fighting for a reign that won't last

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    You guys want to have the cake and eat it too. You blame FPM for not being able to enact a reformist agenda while knowing that they are not a majority. And then you also blame them when they try to work something out with their opposition to actually get something done. Maybe what you are suggesting it for them to stay out of the government until they get the majority, a noble idea that completely disregards the situation and context.
    And I am not talking about the nepotism or numerous mistakes of FPM, GMA included la2enno khabbass la yenfele2 lately.

Impera

Impera

جريج: تستمر سوكلين وسوكومي بالعمل لحين بدء المناقصة.

Impera

Impera

درباس: المجلس أقرّ تقديم 8 مليون دولار حوافز لكل بلدية قدمت مطمراً

Hameed

Hameed

Except ISIS, they're fight for Islam and for the common people ma hek? :rolleyes:
    Their cause is just but they are making unnecessary mistakes that will make them pay the price later and here I don't mean the USA nor Russia will make them pay, even these two super powers cannot defeat ISIS, If ISIS is going to be defeated it will be from within their society.

People are afraid of them, it is understandable that they don't want any spies within their ranks or under their radar but still you can't kill people 3al 2iyereh and expect them to sign in for you. In Islam, you should give those who are fighting you a choice, either they announce their Islam, either they throw their weapons and pay Jizya ...

ISIS are killing 3an abou Janab for the simplest mistakes done even within their society, wa7ad sara2 you warn him first time and second time .... mish bto2ta3lo 2eedo from the first time, or you blow his head off.

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    مجلس الوزراء أقر خطة مرحلية لأزمة النفايات: المعالجة في برج حمود والجديدة والغدير والطمر في الناعمة موقتاً

أقر مجلس الوزراء، خطة مرحلية لحل مشكلة النفايات مدتها 4 سنوات، تقضي بإنشاء مركزي معالجة للنفايات في برج حمود، الجديدة- البوشرية ونهر الغدير، وكذلك إعاد فتح مطمر الناعمة موقتا، وصرف حوافز مالية للبلديات الواقعة في نطاق المطمر.

ومن أبرز النقاط التي تم الاتفاق عليها خلال جلسة مجلس الوزراء، كما أعلنها وزير الإعلام رمزي جريج:
    - إنشاء مركز معالجة للنفايات ومطمر صحي مستقبلا في منطقتي الشوف وعاليه باتلتشاور مع البلديات.
    - توزيع نفايات منطقة بيروت الإدارية على مراكز الطمر والمعالجة المستحدثة وكذلك معمل الفرز في صيدا.
    - إنشاء وتطوير معامل الفرز والمعالجة وفق المعايير الصحية المتبعة.
    - تكليف وزارتي الداخلية والمالية إقرار مشروع قانون حوافز للبلديات التي تقع في محيط المطامر، بكلفة 40 مليون دولار قابلة للتمديد ومنها مناطق: برج حمود، الجديدة- البوشرية- السد، برج البراجنة، الشويفات، الشوف وعاليه.
    - دفع مبلغ 6 دولار بدل عن كل طن من النفايات تنقل إلى مطمنر الناعمة، وتحسم من مستحقات البلديات المستفيدة من الصندوق.
    - تلزيم مشاريع تحويل النفايات إلى طاقة باعتماد التقنيات العلمية الضامنة لسلامة البيئة.
    - حق اتحادات البلديات والبلديات معالجة نفاياتها على طريقتها.
    البدء بتطبيق مراحل الفرز.
    - تخصيص مبلغ 50 مليون دولار لمشاريع إنمائية في البلدات التي تقع ضمن مراكز طمر النفايات ومعالجتها.
    - الموافقة على طلب بلديات برج حمود، الجديدة- البوشرية- السد والشويفات باستثمار الأراضي الناتجة عن ردم النفايات في نطاقها باستثناء الأراضي العامة.
    - إنشاء معمل فرز وتكرير المياه المبتذلة في منطقة نهر الغدير.
    - تشكيل لجنة من وزارات البيئة، الداخلية، المالية والشؤون الإدارية لمراجعة مراحل التنفيذ.