[Metn Heading to federalising its waste] Lebanon's waste problem

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
19:57 هاغوب بقرادونيان للـ"أو تي في": مقررات مجلس الوزراء صدرت تحت ضغط التهديد بالاستقالة ولا احد في الطاشناق ولا في تكتل التغيير والاصلاح يريد ذلك
19:52 "أو تي في": كاد سلام يعلن فشل الخطة وابلغ الوزراء انه سيعلن في مؤتمر صحافي غدا استقالة الحكومة قبل ان يصار الى اعادة اقرار الحل بعص اتصالات عدة

• Advertisement
  • Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    بو صعب من السرايا: سوكلين هي الشركة الوحيدة المؤهلة لتنفيذ الحل راهنا وأي اتحاد بلديات جاهز للإنسحاب من الحل المطروح فهو حر وهذا ما شددنا عليه

Aoun got his paycheck, and he dumped his own people. He even accepted to throw his armenian ally, yet there are those here whining about Frangiyeh stabbing him.
    Your nose just got longer, did you hear pakradounian?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    i am quite sure those who live in west, understand quite a bit what i am going to talk about.

- the cost of disposing of your old tires: 10 to 20 $ per tire. 40 to 80$ per set.
    - the cost of disposing of an old kitchen appliance may amount up to 50$.
    - junk and unlicensed cars may cost you up to 10$ per day in fees, and you can not leave them on the road side.
    - disposing of a bubble gum on the road side might lead to several hundred dollars in fines, let alone throwing garbage bags, empty cans, and whatever else out of moving vehicles.

we are still far away from a complete solution, because the problem at its roots is not simply about finding a company to collect and process the trash at an adequate price, but rather it is more about how ready our culture is to deal with its own waste; how evolved our laws are, and how committed the individual is towards a complete solution.

Last edited:
    L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    11:08 ندى زعرور للـ"أن بي أن": المطامر التي تمّ الإتفاق عليها في جلسة الأمس هي نفسها التي طرحها الحراك المدني وهذا التأخير ليس ببريء
    10:57 اعتصام رمزي امام مدخل مطمر الناعمة لمنع دخول شاحنات النفايات
    10:37 باسيل: سنعطي مهلة للحكومة واول خلل بعدم تطبيق مشروع النفايات فنحن اول من سننزل الى الشارع، وعلى وزير البيئة تحمل المسؤولية

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    20:23 بدنا نحاسب: نعلن عدم مشاركتنا غدا في قطع الطرقات لأن هذه الخطوات غير مدروسة وغير منسقة
    20:20 طلعت ريحتكم تعلن إقفال مداخل بيروت غداً عند الساعة السابعة صباحاً وستتركز التحركات في الدورة قرب السيتي سنتر – الحازمية - مثلث خلدة

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    11:08 ندى زعرور للـ"أن بي أن": المطامر التي تمّ الإتفاق عليها في جلسة الأمس هي نفسها التي طرحها الحراك المدني وهذا التأخير ليس ببريء
    10:57 اعتصام رمزي امام مدخل مطمر الناعمة لمنع دخول شاحنات النفايات
    10:37 باسيل: سنعطي مهلة للحكومة واول خلل بعدم تطبيق مشروع النفايات فنحن اول من سننزل الى الشارع، وعلى وزير البيئة تحمل المسؤولية
    Dear Jubran, actually u will be the last....half of the Lebanese population already did that before u...

420weblazeit

420weblazeit

Just for the record:

1. Costa Brava is located in Khaldeh, Aaley, mostly Druze (i think)
    2. Burj Hammoud in a town in Metn of 37,141 registered voters, half of them living there and mostly Christian Armenian.
    3. Naameh is a town in Chouf of 1,909 registered voters, mostly living there and mostly maronite.
    ^ what happens when you let Muslims control what was intended to be a Christian state. I'm sure Israel isn't jealous

Impera

Impera

On the bright side, this waste problem is a blessing in disguise that exposed both M14 and M8 as conniving crooks that always bond together against the public when their interests are at risk.

People close to me who were LFers and FPMers are cursing Geagea and Aoun, they don't believe any of them anymore. People are fed up but don't want to take action and politicians don't give a rats ass. Just a sad ending to what was once a beautiful country.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Just for the record:

1. Costa Brava is located in Khaldeh, Aaley, mostly Druze (i think)
    2. Burj Hammoud in a town in Metn of 37,141 registered voters, half of them living there and mostly Christian Armenian.
    3. Naameh is a town in Chouf of 1,909 registered voters, mostly living there and mostly maronite.
    the costa brava is situated at the seaside end of the airport which provides a certain degree of isolation to the neighboring areas. on the positive side, that will be the first significant landmark to treat the tourists even before they land.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    On the bright side, this waste problem is a blessing in disguise that exposed both M14 and M8 as conniving crooks that always bond together against the public when their interests are at risk.

People close to me who were LFers and FPMers are cursing Geagea and Aoun, they don't believe any of them anymore. People are fed up but don't want to take action and politicians don't give a rats ass. Just a sad ending to what was once a beautiful country.
    Do me a favour please and ask your friends who they would vote for if an election is held today.

Impera

Impera

Do me a favour please and ask your friends who they would vote for if an election is held today.
    I already did, and no (maybe because none of them were voting because of financial gains). But given the lack of good alternatives, others will most likely fall into the "lesser than two evils" trap.