• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Middle East Airlines (MEA) - Quality of service and staff

Sirius

Hi guys,

I will be flying MEA for the first time this year from Beirut to Athens and return. I have heard from someone that smoking is still allowed on flights. I couldn't believe it however given that it's Lebanon we are talking about I thought to myself 'anything is possible!'.

So could someone please shed some light on this matter?

Thanks!

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Hi guys,

I will be flying MEA for the first time this year from Beirut to Athens and return. I have heard from someone that smoking is still allowed on flights. I couldn't believe it however given that it's Lebanon we are talking about I thought to myself 'anything is possible!'.

So could someone please shed some light on this matter?

Thanks!

yes, Lebanese like to make up stories in their eternal quest to appear as if they know everything.

need i say more? there is no smoking on board of the MEA.

Judy Abbott

smoking is not allowed on board.
some passengers try to play smart and smoke in the toilet either by blocking the fire alarm or by putting their heads close to the toilet (ewwww) and flush every couple of seconds.
either case, they are busted and publicly humiliated. And in case the captain was very strict, he may report him/her on arrival.

so No. never allowed.

Sirius

yes, Lebanese like to make up stories in their eternal quest to appear as if they know everything.

need i say more? there is no smoking on board of the MEA.

even in the airport there are no smoking areas, except the first class lounge

I knew it wasn't possible but then again I thought banning smoking in closed public areas was common sense as well hehe.

Thanks guys! What's the service like on MEA?

baleha

no it is not allowed but prepare yourself for the worst service ever as well as snobbish attitude from the crew ..... especially if you look and talk Lebanese and do not appear as a Westerner to them.

Judy Abbott

no it is not allowed but prepare yourself for the worst service ever as well as snobbish attitude from the crew ..... especially if they you look and talk Lebanese and do not appear as a Westerner.

do not generalize. you may go shopping in a boutique and the sales person may happen to have an attitude. so it's not a general case about MEA crew...

Sirus; enjoy your flight...After all Athens is very close. your drive to the airport might take longer ;)

Sirius

do not generalize. you may go shopping in a boutique and the sales person may happen to have an attitude. so it's not a general case about MEA crew...

Sirus; enjoy your flight...After all Athens is very close. your drive to the airport might take longer ;)
So true... I'm looking forward to it... honeymoon trip :):)

baleha

I am not generalizing, this is the case of MEA ......

baleha

Yes, you are generalizing and No this is not the case. You may add to your sentence that's it's your opinion. other lebanese (me) do not agree with you.

yes it is my opinion and my own observation.
i do not need to put such an explanation before or after any post.
this is a public forum and posts are either opinions or facts referenced by sources.

and you are free to agree or diasgree or remain indifferent ..... strange walla.

Venom

Legendary Member
Sure will - we are going to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini.

Very nice enjoy :)

if you are going in the summer it is going to be very busy, like people on top of each other.

Athens you don't need more than 2 days, Santorini is great for honeymooners but Mykonos :D good luck ! I hope when you are there it's not gay season.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
no it is not allowed but prepare yourself for the worst service ever as well as snobbish attitude from the crew ..... especially if you look and talk Lebanese and do not appear as a Westerner to them.

Not it's not true.

You don't have the worst service but some of the best. And you even have some of the finest food served.

Sirius

Very nice enjoy :)

if you are going in the summer it is going to be very busy, like people on top of each other.

Athens you don't need more than 2 days, Santorini is great for honeymooners but Mykonos :D good luck ! I hope when you are there it's not gay season.
We are going in mid-September. We are only spending 2 days in Athens, the rest is split between Mykonos and Santorini.